Outlye

Features and Bugs // Please Read!

Here are a few ideas I have to enhance the player experience. I will be adding to this thread as I discover new things.

First off, the multiplayer issues are very overwhelming and need to be in the top 5 fix list for the next patch.

Features // Feel free to add anything you think would be cool to see as well!

Spoiler

Vehicle Light - Allow for a spotlight to illuminate the area around a vehicle, while the player is outside of it.

Collect Feature - Allow the player to collect things like Organic by right clicking it. (So the ground doesn't get messed up as you go)

Weapons - I have no clue if I'm the only one that wants a space gun... but that'd be cool to see in the game.

Skill Tree - Every great game has player/character progression. Maybe add abilities or stats for the player to feel more connected to his or her character.

Building - We need a place to stay (other than underground). Let us build WALLS!

Jet Packs - I'm not sure if they're already here, haven't played long enough to get one if they are. But... Jet packs...Need I say more?

Slime Gun - This one is more of a fun feature than a necessity. Something to play with friends/stick enemies to surfaces with, in the future.

Gear/Loot - Being able to loot other habitats would be fun to see. And upgrading gear would go hand-in-hand with the skill tree.

Rover Drill - Having a drill on the front/back of a vehicle would make mining really fun and easy.

Collection Indicator - Add a collection indicator on the top of the gun so we don't overfill our back packs.

Distance Indicator - Add a distance indicator to tethers, habitats, planets, players, etc.

Bugs // Feel free to add any details/fixes if you have the same bugs!

Spoiler

Frequent Crashes - Not sure what's causing them but it happens about every hour for me.

Unable to "Join Game" or "Invite to Game" - I'm unable to join my friends game, instead I sit at an idle loading screen, then it takes me to my own menu.

Falling through the world Self explanatory... I hope.

FPS drops - FPS takes a huge hit when a player joins your game.

Vehicles Vehicles are a bit weird to control. I feel like making it easier would be good to do.

Tethers Tethers are very buggy and sometimes don't connect when you rejoin a world.

Good points, though weapons would only really be useful if they added enemies other than plants.

Also, I feel like the progression is made when you expand your base and get better equipment. A skill tree isn't really needed IMO.

Also another bug fix could be the cracks in the world meaning you can see through the floor they usually form in a square shape around your base after first death

A added feature could be like hardcore mode in minecraft.. once ur dead ur dead no going back

If I have the nature of the game right, which is that of a peaceful exploration game, then I fear that some features that you guys suggest are too "survivalist" per say. My fear lies on the fact that it might put too much unwanted stress on the people that play this game for the mentioned nature, which is peaceful.

18 minutes ago, Cardinal said:

If I have the nature of the game right, which is that of a peaceful exploration game, then I fear that some features that you guys suggest are too "survivalist" per say. My fear lies on the fact that it might put too much unwanted stress on the people that play this game for the mentioned nature, which is peaceful.

I think at this moment in time because its in its first stages of alpha the game feels very peacfull and relaxing but if it stays that way most of the players that came for adventure and action will soon disperse. And start a different game, god forbid no mans sky? it doesnt even deserve capitals!!

I also think a cool feature to add could be that ur able to lable beacons.. so u know which one are where... for example if you found a really big cave with lots of resources but you are you are low on oxeygen and have to go.. putting down a beacon and labeling it lets say "Epic cave" would be very helpfull in the future!

Edited by Adam