Wyvyrias

Introduce Yourself - Megathread

Some people requested it and I see no harm in doing that, so here it is, a place for you to introduce yourself!

While it's probably not necessary, I give a short introduction myself:

My name is Wyvyrias (obviously), I've been following Astroneer for more than 1 year already and eventually became a moderator for it's community. I watch over the forums (here and on Steam), our Astroneer Discord server (which I created, so it's technically still a community server) and our reddit sub. Since I had my eye on Astroneer and it's quickly growing community I've witnessed great things (can't wait for mod-support). Not only is Astroneer itself a unique game that anyone who is even remotely interest in space themed games shouldn't miss out, but also it's community is making this a quite comfortable place. I know, we still have conflicts every now and then (especially when it's about a certain other space game), but some things are just unavoidable in the wide web (people are allowed to have opinions after all), but everyone is generally being nice. Most of that is most likely due the nature of Astroneer: It's simply no PvP game. That generally results in a nice environment. Personally I am quite the PvP-player myself, but I still enjoy Astroneer a lot, especially if it's to relax and I am excited to see what the future brings! Oh, and I should mention that System Era is certainly the most awesome team I've ever seen! And I am not saying that because I am a moderator here. :P
For a team of 7 (and the 7th having joined just recently) Astroneer shows what the real developers are actually capable of. Shows you don't need a few hundred people to create an awesome game.

That said, stay awesome (all of you)! ^_^

I've played the game for a few months now and really enjoy it, I was wondering if there was a job where I can play newer less unstable versions on the game and give comments and other things, of course this would be unpaid most likely. I would just like to help this game move forward in any way I can.

I'm Cardinal and I love games! I don't play them much and I haven't been active since I get bored easily but I love making friends. Let's all have fun!

Hi, I am Josh you'll know me as Sophisticatedonkey, I have over 70 hours on Astroneer so far and love every second of it even the glitches / bugs. I come from Australia I have job as bar tending and waiting to get a position into the army. (Yes there is a waiting list like wtf  am I right) I also have a 3 year old son and a fiance, I love gaming (mostly space gaming) and I just recently fell in love with Forums/reddit still learning but I'll get there nice to see there isn't any trolls here yet hopefully none in the future. And lastly I am here to stick by this game and support it however I can, Happy astroneering!

Hi I've just joined the forums! I got Astroneer back in the easter holiday when it was on sale and I love it to pieces.

I'm a Graphic Design student atm, living in UK and play Xbox wayyy too much.

Hi

I have been playing for a couple of weeks now. I am retired and was looking for a good game to play and Astroneer caught my attention so after checking it out I dove in. It's been fun and I realize it's still a work in progress but come on, where is the mushroom forest? I have been all over Exotic and I can't find it. LOL.

I saw Astroneer first on the XB1, as a free preview. I decided to buy and gifted a copy to my son. I have a Windows 10 computer and my XB1 so I was also VERY HAPPY for the cross platform support. The first version I downloaded (was 0.5.0.0) was awesome and have not stopped playing since. But I have to say that using version 0.6.0.0, it's an even better game. I really enjoy not having to start over, I can use my saves (with a few minor glitches) and it's awesome playing with the new base building features and not having to spend time researching for bytes. But I have also started new games for the multiplayer experience and that has been awesome as well. Keep up the great work, System Era!

Edited by Steve H

Hey there.

I just bought the game via steam, eventhough I already have it for xbone/ Win10, but due to reasons  the game is not working anymore on win10 and since I love to play your game with mouse and keyboard I had to buy it,no matter what! :D

I couldn't care less about the 16 bucks though!  Keep on rocking SES

See you around.

So Far, Astroneer is the only Game under development I'm helping, using the forum to help, expressing my opinion about the game and reporting bugs. This project is a world of possibilities and the community is nice: it's a good "brainstorming" place for the SES staff and I think the discussion on this forum is usefull to them.

I have other 55 hours of gaming so far, and I'm here since the last year. I'm French, so I beg your pardon if there is any mistakes on my posts (sure there are). :) 

I've been playing this game for a couple of months now figuring out strategies for base building and efficient use of power. This game is a great game and it keeps on getting better. There are quite a few bugs but keep up the good work devs. 

Hello everyone! I thought I had done this...guess not. I saw someone playing it on YT and thought I would give it a try. I'm not a gamer, but I love KSP. Just from what this game has become since I bought it a few weeks ago, and the planned updates, I can only see this getting better-and-better.

I'm officially retired, but work as a model maker. I restore funerary art when I have the time, but my health is not 100%. I'm a tabletop wargamer (no, not Borehammer or 40gay either) and a terminal geek. Married, two children, Eve is 25 and Jamie is 21, six cats, and I Puggy-sit for my daughter when she works odd hours.

If you want to know anything else then feel free to ask.

Hi!

I'm Alejandro, bit decided to go by the name Big Al.  I'm 46 year old, married and playing Astroneer for over 6 month now.  I find it amazing!  I usualy get lost on it on my Sundays afternoon and play it well into Mondays. I'm still getting used to it but love everylittle thing I find.