I was playing Astroneer on the same save for about 7-8 hours or so, I had yet to research a couple things, and I was running low on supplies so I decided to head into a cave near my base. Sprinting to the canyon where the entrance is located, my FPS started to lower a bit. (The save was before 125 so it made sense). I entered the cave and start following my winding path of tethers, mining compound to create more along the way. As I approached the end of my tether chord with little to no supplies, I decided to continue down a slant that I had yet to explore. I continued to place tethers as I descended this route. The terrain color changed from a normal brown to a deep green, I knew this meant I was far down. Yet still no minerals so I continued. I reached an area that seemed to open up, a lot. As soon as I stepped into the ever-expanding cavern my FPS dropped again. Again, I didn't think anything about it, I just needed minerals. It was like I was back on the surface, except there was no sun, and all I could see was three things. Giant bones, a crashed solar panel, and another cave opening in this flat wasteland. I took a moment to admire the giant rib-cage I had stumbled upon and place down some more tethers, then I continued down the new cave. The only thing different about this cave was its length. It abruptly stopped about 30-40 yards down. My FPS lowered again. As I approached the bottom of the descent I noticed a small orange symbol poking up through the dirt. I took out my terrain tool and dug away a small ditch in order to investigate. It was something I'd never stumbled upon before. I had heard about it from the forums but never actually found one. I had found the corpse of another dead Astroneer. I instantly felt scared and sorrowful at the same time. I removed the aluminum and dynamite from his backpack and, using the terrain tool again, buried him in respect. As I have no idea how he died I can only assume he ventured down just as I had and his oxygen supply must've been cut off. The poor guy must've suffocated. After burying him I returned to the surface to clear my inventory, and hopefully my mind as well. I have yet to return to  that save file. Rest in peace Space-man.

15 hours ago, The Silky Conch said:

There's something inherently disturbing about finding dead Astroneers while exploring. It kind of messes with you for a bit. Great story, btw!

Thanks, the very same to you as well! :D

If you really want to show him respect, you would use the dynamite found on his backpack to blow his remains to smithereens. It's what he would have wanted, probably, maybe.

On 27.2.2017 at 0:29 AM, Mak-a-Face said:

I found this dead Astroneer too but I think his death was caused by some kind of internal parasite. :)

Hide contents

RYa4Vat.jpg

Haha, I see what you did there!

On 26/02/2017 at 11:29 PM, Mak-a-Face said:

I found this dead Astroneer too but I think his death was caused by some kind of internal parasite. :)

Reveal hidden contents

RYa4Vat.jpg

Half an inch to the left and that'd have been truely funny.

1 hour ago, Martin said:

I agree. Because penises are the pinnacle of humor and comedy. And that is exactly what this thread was missing, so thanks for the attempt to steer it into a truely funny direction.

1 hour ago, Marck said:

I agree. Because penises are the pinnacle of humor and comedy. And that is exactly what this thread was missing, so thanks for the attempt to steer it into a truely funny direction.

I could not agree more! Well stated!

5 hours ago, Martin said:

Half an inch to the left and It would of been erased by the moderators and I'd probably be on a ban lists.

4 hours ago, Mak-a-Face said:

Half an inch to the left and It would of been erased by the moderators and I'd probably be on a ban lists.

;)

With that let's not pick on the joke any further. Slight off-topic is fine, but I feel like this is becoming more than that. :ph34r:

It does make me wonder where they all keep coming from, and why they just wander down deep tunnels to die.