Sign in to follow this  
Myx

Different soil characteristics?

Hi, I'm a fan of this game first time writing to the forum. English is not my main language so I apologize for my rubbishy word choice or grammar in advance.

Recently I have found my terrain tool cursor moves weirdly on soils of different planets (like Radiated / Tundra) than Terran. The cursor is jumpy - or picky while flattening mode.

It snaps to nearby ground polygons unexpectedly while I drag cursors around to make flat surface. It happens on ground mostly, not sure on walls or ceilings.

On planet Terran it works fine. I can make perfect flat surfaces on Terran.

20170220164835_1.thumb.jpg.cd2946a29072cafa3cb76fd0929d0c85.jpg

- Finding wind power source

20170220165004_1.thumb.jpg.f6c1dbac2486a39017f2ebf8f75ee0aa.jpg

- Fun time with Big useless frame eating cube

20170216023707_1.thumb.jpg.170ce72deddc891eb0431a59d642c2d9.jpg

- First astro-cube in my life

... But when I go to Radiated or Tundra, it gets really hard to pat ground or make it flat because the terrain tools works so picky. Moves are bad at Tundra, worst at Radiated.

(I will provide a clip of it if asked.)

So the question is : this weird reaction of cursor is intended (for diversity of planets' soil) or just a bug, or combined?

I see there are different gravity and grips of ground when you run or drive. And I know the terrain tool goes nuts when dragged onto my head/feet while patting, I'm okay with that.

But this jumpy terrain tool is driving me jumpy too (After 2 weeks of the game I'm kinda addicted to super-flatness :D).

Are there diverse density of soil which can effect terrain tool in this game? 

And one more thing, I'd changed FOV setting before leaving Terran (new save since patch 125), could it do something to this tool issue somehow?

Anyway Thanks for the great game dev team and I wish astroneers around the world have fun.

Edited by Myx

Can confim that behaviour on tundra for me. Flatting tool cannot flatten some Terrain. There seems to be some kind of invisible Wall or collum where flatten is not possible and it does not go over. It "jumps" over that area and continous a bit next to it. Clicking directly on that spot with flatten activated let the cursor jump away to the already flattend area.
Removing and Adding Terrain is not affected and work on the very same spot.
Raising Terrain at that spot a bit and trying to flatten again brings again that error.
Looks more like an invisible kind of wall.
On terran no such problems

3 hours ago, JonnyBGood said:

Can confim that behaviour on tundra for me. Flatting tool cannot flatten some Terrain. There seems to be some kind of invisible Wall or collum where flatten is not possible and it does not go over. It "jumps" over that area and continous a bit next to it. Clicking directly on that spot with flatten activated let the cursor jump away to the already flattend area.
Removing and Adding Terrain is not affected and work on the very same spot.
Raising Terrain at that spot a bit and trying to flatten again brings again that error.
Looks more like an invisible kind of wall.
On terran no such problems

Exactly, thanks for confirming. I'm managing the cursor by using WASD for now... :S