So I was Excavating this: (See Attachment)

when I had the Idea that is obviously common, but is not implemented yet:

WE NEED TO REPAIR THESE THINGS!!!!

Crashes could be repaired, and the module to do this would not look like the modules that we know, but would still fit into the ASTRONEER game.

The Process:

1. You Excavate A Crashed Something-Or-Rather

2. You Move it to Your Base

3.When In A Radii of the Base Module, The Something-Or-Rather would disappear, and would reappear in Hologram form (Much Smaller) Above The Repair Station

4.After Entering The Correct Resources, The Player Could Either:

4a. Remove The Something-Or-Rather from the station and position it around the base (in a movable hologram form) then after approving the preview, the Something-Or-Rather would be re-built in that area in that position (Positioned in the way like Using any common game design software with the arrows and the rotation axis) and thus be accessed by the player thereafter.

4b. the Something-Or-Rather could be attached to other fixed Something-Or-Rathers in miniature form above the module like this: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1qiKyDJvKcVa6UNqzpkvNGVRTjcEkQId0MLrsx5p5SZo/edit?usp=sharing

5.Finally, This last hologram can be attached in hologram form to each other in specific places, and the final product be built!

6. all this could be used as one vehicle.

Tell me what you think

//sidegamer

20170218184619_1.jpg

I love the idea of excavating and repairing shuttle/satellite debris!!!!! But what if, instead of just repairing them, you could collect all the necessary pieces (minimum 5 specific parts, with the option to attach more if you like), repair them, and then join them together into a space station that you could launch into space!!!!!!!!!!!! I know that people have been mentioning a space station for a while, and this would be the perfect way to implement the creation of one, and make it custiomisable as you add whatever modular attachments in what order you like!!!

Space Station.png

1 hour ago, ORION said:

I love the idea of excavating and repairing shuttle/satellite debris!!!!! But what if, instead of just repairing them, you could collect all the necessary pieces (minimum 5 specific parts, with the option to attach more if you like), repair them, and then join them together into a space station that you could launch into space!!!!!!!!!!!! I know that people have been mentioning a space station for a while, and this would be the perfect way to implement the creation of one, and make it custiomisable as you add whatever modular attachments in what order you like!!!

Actually, this is exactly what I was thinking! I noticed that each part looked like an orbiting ship was decimated in the atmosphere! The part I was Excavating looked somewhat like an orbiting landing support capsule (see attachment). I REALLY hope that the devs incorporate this!

Edit: In the case of misunderstanding, I think that the modules should only detach if hit by or broken by an external source, not like in the photo

6 hours ago, ORION said:

Space Station.png

This looks great and I would love to see something like this in the game

11 hours ago, ORION said:

No, I think a better idea would be to salvage parts off these derelict ships, satellites and rovers then use them to build a ship or vehicle or whatever from the parts you recover. Right now, you can only recover things like rover seats and resources.

Here's a breakdown of parts that you could recover. If I missed anything, feel free to add them.

hbgng84.png

Beside parts, you could even have it so you can extract data from the on board computer or data recorder, such as new schematics or flight logs. This would be more interesting than the current researching of artifacts that I find kind of ridiculous.

Extraction of the data could be complicated by damage or fragmentation of the data. Requiring you to find multiple sources of this data to retrieve the new schematic or log. To make it even harder, the data may be encrypted, making it unavailable until you find a way to decrypt or have it decrypted at a space station for a price.

@Mak-a-Face Your Ideas are AWESOME! I think bringing the encrypted data to some sort of repaired computer thingy would be a good way to find advanced tech and flying routes!

Also, some of the data could unlock new "flight paths" thus unlocking new planets, stars or even universes!

DEVS PLZ ADD!!!

I think these

On 2/18/2017 at 10:31 PM, Sidegamer said:

Something-Or-Rather

should be able to be salvaged for raw materials, for those that already have their fancy ship, but need titanium for their winches/tanks/othertitaniumitemsinthtefuture.

(why is this crossed out?)

Edited by Virukino

22 hours ago, Virukino said:

@Sidegamer Yes, but if people don't want the fancy spaceship, or have ALL the parts, they could salvage the parts for raw materials(maybe for upgrading parts???)

actually, that may be a valid point. Oh yes, and @ORION did do those drawings, srry. Plus, the parts could give rare resources or blueprints which could be made using astronium.

7 hours ago, Sidegamer said:

actually, that may be a valid point. Oh yes, and @ORION did do those drawings, srry. Plus, the parts could give rare resources or blueprints which could be made using astronium.

I thought astronium were supposed to be an expensive radioactive material of some sort, kinda like californium. And on the plus side, the developer already has a plan where you get to rebuild the space station.

58ae7657bbfe5_ScreenShot2017-02-23at12_42_17PM.thumb.png.556bc7c237304237eb9c618cfde02ad9.png

On 2/19/2017 at 8:31 PM, Mak-a-Face said:

No, I think a better idea would be to salvage parts off these derelict ships, satellites and rovers then use them to build a ship or vehicle or whatever from the parts you recover. Right now, you can only recover things like rover seats and resources.

Here's a breakdown of parts that you could recover. If I missed anything, feel free to add them.

hbgng84.png

Beside parts, you could even have it so you can extract data from the on board computer or data recorder, such as new schematics or flight logs. This would be more interesting than the current researching of artifacts that I find kind of ridiculous.

Extraction of the data could be complicated by damage or fragmentation of the data. Requiring you to find multiple sources of this data to retrieve the new schematic or log. To make it even harder, the data may be encrypted, making it unavailable until you find a way to decrypt or have it decrypted at a space station for a price.

Nice.

15 hours ago, Lithium said:

I thought astronium were supposed to be an expensive radioactive material of some sort, kinda like californium. And on the plus side, the developer already has a plan where you get to rebuild the space station.

58ae7657bbfe5_ScreenShot2017-02-23at12_42_17PM.thumb.png.556bc7c237304237eb9c618cfde02ad9.png

That's awesome.

Well, I think this is a great idea to rebuild the space station, but, no offense to the dev, but i would PERSONALLY prefer to build your own space station using salvaged parts, just to add another level of customization to the game. This dev creation could be a suggestion for the uncreative.

5 hours ago, Sidegamer said:

Well, I think this is a great idea to rebuild the space station, but, no offense to the dev, but i would PERSONALLY prefer to build your own space station using salvaged parts, just to add another level of customization to the game. This dev creation could be a suggestion for the uncreative.

Yes it could also be built your way, we don't know anything yet about how you can build the station since the vehicle bay is too small to fit it in. if you look closely the wrecks are actually based in this space station models.

Edited by Lithium

17 hours ago, Lithium said:

Yes it could also be built your way, we don't know anything yet about how you can build the station since the vehicle bay is too small to fit it in. if you look closely the wrecks are actually based in this space station models.

Yeah, I was digging up a wreck and I noticed that it looked like the middle part of the space ship. I cant wait to see the finished project :)