Ultra light airplanes

Moonminer008

I would love airplanes to be added to the game. :)

I think about small 1-seat airplanes with storage space for 1 item (solar panel, battery, etc) and 1 artifact/2 resources.

Designed with the wing on the top. (as the piper cub have) 

For example can you build it from 3 compound, 1 aluminium, and 1 copper.

It could be destroyed by dust storms, requiring a small hangar to store it.

It should also be destroyed by hitting trees, hillsides etc.

Why you should add it: for the fun of flying, while it gives you the advantage of fast travel, good view while adding a challenge because it will be vulnerable to the storms and to hard impacts.

Well.... not all planet have suitable atmosphere for an airplane to fly around it, maybe on terran, but I'm not sure about other planets.

54 minutes ago, Lithium said:

Well.... not all planet have suitable atmosphere for an airplane to fly around it, maybe on terran, but I'm not sure about other planets.

I think the bigger issue would be just getting the aerodynamics & plane physics correct xD 
When that's out of the way then maybe the mechanics of which planets have a dense enough atmosphere for flight can be hashed out.

23 hours ago, Lithium said:

The plane has to have an atmosphere to fly in, so that leaves barren out. But who needs planes when barren is so tiny?'

Also, I support this rover-plane idea!