BOT Uriel

3 Ideas that will change our experience a little bit

Hello guys, first of all forgive me about my bad spelling but my main language is not english... Going back to the topic i would like to suggest to the team to create a system where you can Level Up your player ( For example: if i take a few minerals i can improve my extraction skills so i can extract more efficient or w/e ), resistance, endure more time without oxygen, basically a menu where you can upgrade your abilities while performing them... for example if i run for a long time i will be improving my running speed so after a few hours of running around i will be able to run faster... That's my first suggestion.

My second suggestion would be to make different weathers... in my first hours playing ASTRONEER i was seriously surprised that we had a rock's storm it was a great experience! i seriously like to build stuff to protect ourselves. I don't know if this is in your TODO List for future updates but it would be really nice to have like magnetic barriers ( like a dome ) with low opacity and passable by users / cars but not weather stuff so each time there's a rock storm you just run into your base and  stay protected with this magnetic barrier... ( of course you will have to repair this barrier after a while ... )

My third suggestion would be to implement some sort of Aliens... i know i know... this might take a while but it would be awesome to have alot of team mates fighting aliens to protect our facilities with automatic turrets, railgun and futuristic stuff

Let me know what you think about this ideas! 

Thanks for your time,
BOT Uriel

Edited by BOT Uriel

13 hours ago, BOT Uriel said:

Level Up your player

yes i would like this. for example having level 11 oxygen duration and level 5 mining and level 7 sprinting/running.

i would like to see this in the game.

+1

I'm divided on the idea of leveling up player abilities. A lot of games do this nowadays, and while it can be nice, I rather like having the Astroneers be as physically capable as they are at the moment. Because the game is all about exploring the final frontier, why not instead level up the equipment they bring along? We can start with a more basic Terraformer, and can upgrade it for more power efficiency, greater deformation ability, things like that. For movement, we have vehicles. We can upgrade backpacks for more oxygen tanks and storage. At some point, physical ability must stop and humans rely on technology for greater ability.

Having more variable weathers would be really nice. Though it may be a long shot, apparently some planets have the right conditions to rain glass or diamonds on their surfaces. Perhaps storms can scatter very small amounts of resources, similar to how power and oxygen are sometimes found in the world?

Aliens would be nice. PvE is a must in survival games, and if there are extraterrestrial plants, who's to say there aren't hostile or docile aliens roaming around?

12 hours ago, Tex said:

At some point, physical ability must stop and humans rely on technology for greater ability.

and at some point, the humans become fat, lazy and overweight. all because they rely to much on technology. 

6360539421683998761851777220_WALL-E-382.thumb.jpg.11a37436aacf97c26d506dccd0f94f97.jpg

NASA still preferences their astronauts to be as fit as possible:

iss021e007807.thumb.jpg.dbc7f0599253bc4accb7802470c8c016.jpg

so i stand by the idea that the upgrades to be physical not technological.