AlsatiaK

FPS Save Question/Issue

Quick question/issue. I've read that others have had the problem with the new patch and frame rate dropping; however, I've been dealing with this odd problem for a while now. I play a save for a while, not all at once mind you - I've quit between plays, and all of a sudden I get a frame rate drop. I know my equipment isn't *ideal* but if I've started a new save I don't have problems with it for approx. 33 hours of play in the save. Then all of a sudden, BAM, drop without recovery. My normal fps sits at about 25-30 according to the steam over lay. With 60-90 in the menus. After a certain amount of hours into a single save file it drops to 5-7. I thought my original save file did this as I had saved in a cave, and I had read about the 2-hour straight play glitch with long cave exploration where the GPU is constantly storing all of the cave and trying to load it. So I started a new file and have been able to play for weeks. I played for about 4 hours last night in the new patch with no problems at all. Then I log in today and can't get better than 10 fps. Of course this makes the game unplayable. I don't particularly want to start yet another save as I really like my new base, and had just found some neat new stuff.

I've heard the devs are working on the frame rate problem; however, are there any community suggestions out there? The first time around I tried editing the various files, turning off steam over lay, etc. Nothing worked until I started a new file. Is there perhaps a way to purge the GPU cache of the game?

(Also wanted to post this, just in case the devs could use the feedback with a bit more information.)

Computer info:  CPU: i7-6500U 2.50GHz 2.59GHz, Ram: 8.00GB, 2 GPUs: GeForce 940M, Intel HD Graphics 520 (which irritatingly shows as my device in DirectX diagnostic), Laptop - touch screen, Lenovo Flex 3, Running latest Windows 10 update, all drivers are currently up to date.

Cheers.

I have tried several things and I cannot get my FPS above 12 (gfx card settings, switching off sound in game, lower res etc.). Also the latest patch has created a whole load of 'cracks' and gaps in my world (around 30 hours play visited different planets, building several bases and putting down hundreds of tethers etc.) so I will probably start again anyway. This is a great game but a few big problems... Sorry I can't help.

I sympathize.

I've gotten 15 hours recorded and the frames dropped to approx 14/sec. I'm usually at around 65. Started a new file and all was good.

Maybe the files/game can't handle too much activity?

is there something I can  do to fix the lag on a laptop windows 10, the Fps is 12-15 I want it to be at 60 fps