Be able to commit suicide

Would be nice to be able to commit suicide in game. Often due to bugs you get stuck in various modules or items not able to move. If you leave game saves you last position - "where you last got stuck"

1 hour ago, I Made Poopy said:

It's called suffocating. Remember it is still a pre-alpha game which means your going to have problems like that for a little while

but when you are stuck near your base you cant suffocate

4 minutes ago, I Made Poopy said:

You're screwed. Start a new game. Welcome to early access gaming

I'm pretty sure he understands it's early access. He's just suggesting a feature. 

No it's not. It would take under 10 lines of code. However this is probably already implemented in the debug console. I would be extremely useful if the devs allowed us to use it.

4 minutes ago, I Made Poopy said:

This is a game for all ages. Adding the concept of "suicide" would be highly frowned upon. 

This context of 'suicide' isn't meant as a moral discussion, it's a feature available in most in-dev games of this type.  When we early access players are asked to seek out bugs to see what they do we need certain tools to deal with them.  A reset button to escape them is perhaps the simplest we could have.

7 minutes ago, I Made Poopy said:

This is a game for all ages. Adding the concept of "suicide" would be highly frowned upon. 

Call it "respawn" then.  It's still a very important feature in an early access game.

8 minutes ago, I Made Poopy said:

22 minutes ago, I Made Poopy said:

Well it's a pretty dumb suggestion.

You're literally the worst kind of community member, discounting the fact that numerous games allow you to kill your character for when you are stuck etc, you provide zero constructive feedback and just say 'it's dumb' like a child. This thread is literally for suggesting content, and considering it's early access the ability to kill your character would be extremely useful considering the level of bugs/becoming stuck, and i would take a guess that the vast majority of this community are not children so can handle a simple game mechanic without being triggered over 'suicide'.

11 minutes ago, I Made Poopy said:

Fair point, but we have death already.

I'm not "triggered" by it. But that dumb Susie-homemaker from Michigan mom will bitch and moan and take them to court. They have done that over less in other games

Edited by I Made Poopy
1 hour ago, I Made Poopy said:

I'm not "triggered" by it. But that dumb Susie-homemaker from Michigan mom will bitch and moan and take them to court. They have done that over less in other games

Make the game 18+ lol, 12-year-olds play call of duty anyways amirite.

I agree with OP that a "force respawn" option should be enabled. my save games have been ruined by bugs, that could have been mitigated by a forced respawn mechanism. 

5 hours ago, I Made Poopy said:

I see your point but just use what bambam said 'force respawn', btw your profile pic is ridiculous...10/10

2 hours ago, bambam625 said:

I agree with OP that a "force respawn" option should be enabled. my save games have been ruined by bugs, that could have been mitigated by a forced respawn mechanism. 

3 hours ago, Jukesster said:

I see your point but just use what bambam said 'force respawn', btw your profile pic is ridiculous...10/10

Lol thank you. Quite possibly one of the weirdest pics I've seen. One of the devs gave me a warning for calling the suicide idea dumb lmao

10 hours ago, I Made Poopy said:

Lol thank you. Quite possibly one of the weirdest pics I've seen. One of the devs gave me a warning for calling the suicide idea dumb lmao

Genuinely spat my tea out from laughing while reading this xD

I think the developers had a button for killing the player in their testing version of the game, unless this was just a glitch or emote haha but I did see one of them falling to the ground after pressing a button but then they moved around while on the ground and it was weird.

On 18. 12. 2016 at 6:01 PM, I Made Poopy said:

It already has suffocating, getting poisioned, hit by debris and head trauma... not sure how worse it can get by adding suicide. 

Also the "suicide button" doesn't have to be in final release so I wouldn't really worry about what to call it or ratings. Or just make it "emergency return" like in Slime rancher.