Capt_Harpoon

Research dynamite on old save, how?

Hi, tried some play with my old main save on the new patch .125. Functions really well. All new looking stations updated. Base was strangly re-forested, all items present as well as two racks with dynamite in new version.  New space wrecks have appeared together with at least 7 new research objects. However researching the new objects and also old ones gave only material not the new blueprint for dynamite.

Anyone researched dynamite on an old save? Or do you have to start a new game.

I have the same experience. I'm fully researched, running 125 on my original game from 117 on PC laptop. I've attempted to research multiple loots on each planet to achieve the dynamite blueprint but so far just material, mostly Titanium, and no blueprint. Are we missing a trick, finding a bug or need to start a new game? Cheers

Edited by Raytheon

On 2/20/2017 at 4:41 PM, BlueWizard said:

I think you have to make another save and start over

This is happening to me too. Starting over means losing a lot of progress that cost a lot of time. Perhaps they should fix the bug.

3 hours ago, ProBlameO said:

Perhaps they should fix the bug.

In my opinion, they should not. Here's why:

10 hours ago, ProBlameO said:

This is happening to me too. Starting over means losing a lot of progress that cost a lot of time. Perhaps they should fix the bug.

It's not a bug, it's an alpha game. You have to assume every time a new version is released that you're going to have to start a new save.

It should be looked at. What if it prevents the game from accepting new research additions added later, after it's not alpha any more? What if the code is:

if (research_done == false) {

select_random_research_item();

if (count_research_items() == 0) {

research_done = true;

}

}

else {

select_random_resource();

}

The flag could be used to avoid counting the research items each time research is being done.

If a new item is added after I've reached the end of the old item list, the new expanded list is never checked. The research_done flag should be checked at least once upon loading the game, in case the game has had additions made to it.

I have the same issue, I have 3 different planets with bases. All have decent bases but I can't research dynamite which sucks because I have some great bases setup.

15 hours ago, Silentstrike said:

I have the same issue, I have 3 different planets with bases. All have decent bases but I can't research dynamite which sucks because I have some great bases setup.

First rule of early access.  Never get too attached to your saves.