Whatever you do, do _not_ add popular phobia-inducing animals

Yea, I know, animals are on the sticky topics for popular suggestions, but please, hear me out.

As an arachnophobic, I can not enjoy games like Fallout, the Elder Scrolls series, Outlast, Resident Evil and so on.

I know that arachnids (spiders and insects in general) are a popular choice for animals and monsters in space games, but arachnophobia is a common mental quirk that a huge percentage of the population suffers from. Please, and I speak for a huge part of the community here, when you guys decide to add animals or monsters, settle for something original and especially not for something that is such a commonly feared animal as spiders are.

What about space whales, or birds?

Thanks for your attention.

My phobia is on butterflies (NOT A JOKE), these are reason why I quit playing ARK. Images of butterflies it literally induce me into vomiting.

As in spiders... I'm pretty okay around them.

3 hours ago, zakey said:

Please, and I speak for a huge part of the community here, when you guys decide to add animals or monsters... What about space whales, or birds?

I can sympathize that spiders & insects in video games scare you.  Which means you can't go anywhere near the Lord Of The Rings movies, that's gotta suck for you.

Please, and I speak for a huge part of the community here, when you guys decide to add animals or monsters, whatever you do, do not add space whales or birds.

I don't necessarily think animals, but certainly bacterial types could be used as interesting foreign material sources which we could research and create items unique to Astroneer. This could be vehicles or building materials with various physical properties, just to start. I like the idea of having flying or crawling creatures which don't harm you but act more as background details.