Has 2/16/17 update fixed Truck jumping & flipping?

Harrzack

As of previous version (before 2/16/17) the Rover and Truck and become pretty unusable with the constant bouncing and flipping - and showing up high in the air.  Just wondering before I start a new game if this has been fixed in today's release.  Also - seat was not removable from Rover or Truck - think it was before...

Yep, it's much better.

Seat is not removable if it was printed by the vehicle platform. Removable seats are printed in the printer or looted from the crash sites.

Thanks for the reply!  I will start a whole new game and have hope my vehicles will behave!   Also good to know how seats work.  In an earlier version, I took the seat off a jumping truck and end up being flown away some distance with it.  When I printed a new seat for the truck, it behaved well - so I'm guessing the seat was involved. 

Rover is alot more stable, there's less rocks overall, i've noticed over 3 restarts, truck however is still as bad or even worse imho, I've been playing alot on tundra world, where the gravity for truck is about the same as being on the moon. 

There's also some issues coming back for placing habitat, research items etc on large storage, on truck, esp on the outer 2 sets of connections, placing the former items in those locations can cause the truck to lift off and ne'er be seen again.

However, there's many improvements, massive improvement in fps overall, hopefully this works into coop as well.  The truck issue will likely be resolved in later patches as they get to grips with the vehicle physics and probably we can expect updated graphics for the rover/truck anyway, as we have for trader, smelter and habitat/dropship.

It would be nice if major items could be 'deconstructed' and the materials would go to inventory or on the ground.  Then the item could be re-built and possibly get past the bug...

The jumping-vehicle deal is pretty bad as you can put a a lot of hours to get the rover/truck only to get the work severely crippled & made useless when you can no longer do long range searches for materials or research items.

I'm really hoping this bug can get escalated to a high priority as it is really is a killer. 

Someone a while ago proposed re-coding of driving mechanics in general. I agree. Driving is insensible and unpredictable in best.  From my personal experience:

• Hitting a small rock stops large trucks (even small nodes floating in the air does this)
  • Steering has only little to do with positioning of wheels
  • Connecting trucks together acts like a "rubber band"
  • Turning a trailer back from upside-down position is very difficult

What I do like is that gravity feels realistic and the mass of the vehicle affects to acceleration.