SES_Adam

"125" - February 16th, 2017

patch125.thumb.jpg.08c938b4e62fe997d1ed7c99fa3b41e8.jpg

Our latest patch for Astroneer is Patch "125" and it is now available on Xbox One, Windows 10, and Steam.

Xbox One and Windows 10 users should expect a wait of 48 hours for the patch to reach their console or Windows 10 install.

PATCH NOTES

BUILD NUMBER: 0.2.10125.0

NEW CONTENT

• Dynamite now craftable from backpack
  • New dynamite art, fx, audio
  • Dynamite can now be used to destroy base buildings and other objects
  • Added character idle animations
  • Added 9 new discoverable wrecks, including their collectible items within
  • Additional organic research items added
  • Updated Dropship model art
  • Updated RCS thruster effects for Dropship
  • Updated model art for Tradeplatform
  • Updated model and FX art for Smelter
  • Added new refinery / smelter audio
  • Added sandboxing of saved games when running the Steam Experimental branch.
  • Improved game pad support on launch menu
  • Performance improvement: Added a system for fully despawning decorator sets as you move away from them.
  • Slight GPU performance improvement to terrain (use 16 bit indices)

FIXES

• Researching an item when you have already researched all recipes will no longer "use up" that item in regards to when future updates add new recipes. It will now also give you a resource.
  • Fixed several issues with how decorator states were saved and restored.
  • Fixed race condition causing occasional anomalous terrain generation.
  • Seed fixes, including shift-click issue and seeds growing in backpack
  • Fix save game issue where conduits don't attach after saving a leaf and building platform
  • Fix save game issue where conduits nubs don't disappear after a save game and using dynamite on the leaf
  • Updated oxygen tank fill looping sound. Fixed Xbox bug that caused it top play at full volume.

Also - a big shout out to everyone that helped us test this patch on the Experimental branch of the game! Don't forget to opt out of the Experimental before playing!

If you're curious what we've been up to, or are wondering when more substantial "things-to-do" updates will come to Astroneer, check out some of our latest blog posts:

50 days: http://blog.astroneer.space/system-era/50-days/
New office space: http://blog.astroneer.space/p/new-office-space/

Super excited to turn off the experimental branch and experience this update in the 'real world' :)

Good stuff :D

Now, to break the game...err I mean.... explore new bugs :P (and planets!)

6 minutes ago, Djeyson Zimmermann said:

ótimo, será que vai diminuir a lentidão no Xbox one ?

My translation is bad but I believe this answers your question.

Xbox has a 24 - 48 hour rollout time for new updates. So you should expect to see the patch within the next 2 days

17 minutes ago, surgus said:

Crash on startup upgraded Astroneer.

Windows Vista x64, Nvidia 750Ti.

We don't officially support Vista, but if you'd like we can try and help out when we're able to: Email support AT systemera.net

2 minutes ago, ApoNono said:

Minha tradução é ruim, mas acredito que isso responde à sua pergunta.

Xbox tem um tempo de rollout 24 - 48 horas para novas atualizações. Então você deve esperar para ver o patch nos próximos 2 dias

Sorry, I'm going to use google translator, I could not translate the whole patch note, but after some time of game, the game is slow, will it be fixed in this new patch?

1 minute ago, Djeyson Zimmermann said:

Sorry, I'm going to use google translator, I could not translate the whole patch note, but after some time of game, the game is slow, will it be fixed in this new patch?

Yes.  They took first steps to fixing the slowness after some time of game play.

Edited by ApoNono

Hi Djeyson,

This patch improves a significant portion of the performance issue. If you find the game slowing down gradually as you play over several hours, this patch should drastically improve or eliminate that issue. If the game is already running slow right after loading your save, this patch is unlikely to help that, and we'll be continuing to work on the scaling issues that can affect persistent objects in saved games.

2 minutes ago, ApoNono said:

Yes.  They took first steps to fixing the slowness after some time of game play.

Thanks for the quick reply, I loved the game, congratulations! I'm insinuating my friends to play.

Xbox One update has already rolled out. SE made an effort to get them out at the same exact time, which is awesome sauce.

HHmmm. Update 1 was for version 125, then a few mins later got another update and now the main branch on steam is Experimental 122? Is this intentional?

3 minutes ago, Bobby Fender said:

HHmmm. Update 1 was for version 125, then a few mins later got another update and now the main branch on steam is Experimental 122? Is this intentional?

me too! What is going on?

What changed since patch 123? 123 had a ton of MP save crashing. Hoping the can't spawn or see objects on other planets in MP gets fixed as we can't explore radiated, tundra, or arid as a group since nobody but the host can see plants or put tethers.

Performance is significantly better but still gets bad as host after you build a couple of bridges between mountains.

Edited by Mgamerz

And now I'm at ver 119 again. :) And at least it works again.

Edited by surgus

10 minutes ago, surgus said:

And now I'm at ver 119 again. :) And at least it works again.

Should be 125 again ;)

Any update on the Xbox Frame Rate Fix? Im addicted to this game! But after i make any progress the Frame rate makes it unplayable....

4 minutes ago, SES_Adam said:

Should be 125 again ;)

Affirmative. Now time to play. Windows Vista forever. :D

There are some Bugs with this patch. with the experimental i had stabel 60fps. now im back down to 35fps.

And my items and trucks are dropping down in the ground and they are gone.....

17 minutes ago, Nazfuratu said:

Any update on the Xbox Frame Rate Fix? Im addicted to this game! But after i make any progress the Frame rate makes it unplayable....

Have you tried picking up all your old tethers?  I was having issues with that and read somewhere that this was the fix (for now) for that and it worked for me.