SES_Adam

"125" - February 16th, 2017

1 hour ago, surgus said:

I've got update now , but there's no any info about it.

Same! I got super excited for a second but there's no info or anything about it.... >:( (Steam btw)

6 hours ago, surgus said:

I've got update now , but there's no any info about it.

As the update had no patch number I suspect that the update was just tweaking the mechanics of the game rather than adding new content.  But you are right, a little bit of information would not have gone astray.

14 hours ago, астра said:

ну так что же,обнова или патчик и что в них?))

Я бы предположил, что исправления для несовершеннолетних клиентов или ошибок видят, как никто не знает, что он сделал.

I, too, got an update, leaving game still at patchlevel 125, but... the dreaded unresponsive keyboard bug seems to have disappeared!

Hey, I bought Astroneer off of steam on the 17th of February so I believe it probably came with the patch. However, I'm still noticing that whenever I research an artifact when I already have everything research it still consumes the artifact. To me I get the impression from the patch notes that this shouldn't be happening. Can anyone provide some insight?

3 hours ago, Tnt378 said:

Hey, I bought Astroneer off of steam on the 17th of February so I believe it probably came with the patch. However, I'm still noticing that whenever I research an artifact when I already have everything research it still consumes the artifact. To me I get the impression from the patch notes that this shouldn't be happening. Can anyone provide some insight?

I'm thinking that if you research all the available items on a single planet that is not earth the "artifacts" as you call them still disappear.  I was on barren and I got the same effect.  If you could tell me which planet you were on when this occurred that might help prove my theory.

8 hours ago, Tnt378 said:

I think you are misinterpreting the information. 

Prior to Patch 125, if you opened up a Research pod of a type that had already been researched, it would randomly return a mineral or try to find a blueprint, returning nothing because that pod type had already been researched.  It was very hit and miss.

With the introduction of Patch 125, if you open a Research pod of a type that had already been discovered you are guaranteed to get one of the minerals.  But, if it is a new type of Research, it will still try to search for a blueprint, even if you have already researched everything, resulting in a zero result if you have completed all of the research.

In other words, every time you find a new type of Research pod it will always do a blueprint search.  All Research pods that have been previously looked at will return a mineral if all research is completed.

Hope this clears it up for you.

Edited by Maaaatie

12 hours ago, Maaaatie said:

I think you are misinterpreting the information. 

Prior to Patch 125, if you opened up a Research pod of a type that had already been researched, it would randomly return a mineral or try to find a blueprint, returning nothing because that pod type had already been researched.  It was very hit and miss.

With the introduction of Patch 125, if you open a Research pod of a type that had already been discovered you are guaranteed to get one of the minerals.  But, if it is a new type of Research, it will still try to search for a blueprint, even if you have already researched everything, resulting in a zero result if you have completed all of the research.

In other words, every time you find a new type of Research pod it will always do a blueprint search.  All Research pods that have been previously looked at will return a mineral if all research is completed.

Hope this clears it up for you.

Thank you! if this is indeed correct, that makes sense.

Have the same exact feeling when coming here reading until I see your reply. Does the team are still working on the game? 

3 hours ago, 6-3cko said:

Have the same exact feeling when coming here reading until I see your reply. Does the team are still working on the game? 

The devs are doing a stream on Friday to give us all an update on what is coming. See https://forum.systemera.net/topic/16594-stream-on-march-17th-2017-4-pm-est-5-utc/#comment-49571 in the Announcements section.

Me - "Hey Doc?  I got this persistent patch problem.  Yeah.  This one's been here a long time, won't go away.  You think a new one will show up soon?"

Doc - "I'm sure the Astroneer guys are working on it...."

O.o

Oops, forgot to put this in the last post:  "The steady weekly patch cadence is coming..."-Brendan    :)  Hope the Astroneer team has moved in to their new digs well, and are working hard on the upcoming new material for the game.  Looking forward to seeing the above quote come to fruition.  Go Astroneer!  Keep up the great work guys!

Edited by Nargg

On 13/03/2017 at 9:51 PM, SilverSilhouette said:

Any new news, glitches, interesting uses of tools it's getting quiet in here :/

Awww you feel lonely. Yesterday I've watched a few videos about Lego Worlds, seems like Astroneer has some heavy competition now. Lego Worlds has many things similar to Astroneer. For example, the way the astronaut walks, jumps, lands on planets, is very similar to Astroneer. It has also elements from Terraria like the health (hearts), but then again, Astroneer is A LOT like Terraria, only in 3D and with less content (Terraria has been around for years and is still work in progress), but I love Terraria so I can't complain I have the same kind of crafting, exploration, digging like in Terraria, in 3D.

Now that the major framerate issues seem to be better from what people say, I hope the Astroneer devs really ramp up the adding of varied new interesting content, to keep up with the competition, and to keep us Astroneer players coming back to Astroneer. The difference can already be seen on the limited number of people looking for Astroneer games and streaming to Twitch nowadays, around 2 or 3 now... Compared to dozens when Astroneer was new. I think a stronger marketing campaign and lots of varied new content is the solution for Astroneer to stay strong, innovative and actual. We don't want to see Astroneer becoming yesterday's news soon.

Edited by WildTiger

4 hours ago, WildTiger said:

Awww you feel lonely...

I have a hairy-feeling that next update or two will add a ton of stuff to do and explore, since there is already alot of items in game files that have not been utilised yet.

As for streamers... hard to keep viewers locked when there is not much to do, yet! after all version 0.something.something.something pre-alpha.

And about the marketing, lets just wait for official release before we going for superbowl commercials, ok?

13 minutes ago, MardoPardo said:

I have a hairy-feeling that next update or two will add a ton of stuff to do and explore, since there is already alot of items in game files that have not been utilised yet.

As for streamers... hard to keep viewers locked when there is not much to do, yet! after all version 0.something.something.something pre-alpha.

And about the marketing, lets just wait for official release before we going for superbowl commercials, ok?

Whoa easy there tiger lol I never said anything about superbowl commercials, you said it.

25 minutes ago, WildTiger said:

Whoa easy there tiger lol I never said anything about superbowl commercials, you said it.

;) all good and better. It was a metaphor. 

Though it IS possible, it's hard to sell something incomplete. I would rather see Sys_era put effort in the game rather than market it yet. 

With all the best:

Mardo

3 minutes ago, MardoPardo said:

;) all good and better. It was a metaphor. 

Though it IS possible, it's hard to sell something incomplete. I would rather see Sys_era put effort in the game rather than market it yet. 

With all the best:

Mardo

It's hard to sell something incomplete? Lol really? They already sold it. Remember we bought it? Nowadays so many games go for game preview release. Guess how many of those games stay in that state forever? On pre-alpha or pre-release and never get an ""official" 1.0 release? You have an estimate of when this game is going to reach official release as you said? I don't mean an estimate you saw from someone else or official estimate, I meant only from your own mind, another "hairy-feeling". i don't have a clue and I don't worry about that now, I worry about what we have now, the present. One thing doesn't invalidate the other one, they can focus on the game and do a little marketing on the side at the same time. I don't mean buy expensive ads, I know very well their money is not endless, but what they do on their facebook, on their twitter, on twitch, is marketing too, they announce new updates, new streams, try to captivate more followers, recruit new fans, that's what every company does. To sum it up, ways to recruit new fans and captivate the current ones, I guess we all want that. I was thinking ways to achieve it.

ну что ж...они заработали денег и купили офис,а теперь будет реклама,реклама и обещания,обещания и реклама...хотелось бы продолжения,очень хотелось бы,ведь игра-красивая!

Hello astronauts. I've got two questions; 1: where do storms come from? Because one clue must be there to validate that storms are coming from a secret atmosphere zone. 2: How do you complete the game? Or it's a survival game? like; build and survive storms? These are my questions. And i have a tip for the next update: What about that built things will gain damage when a storm rock hits it? That would increase the hardness in the game and please add an "Ending" to the game.

- Astronaut Commander

Edited by Astronaut Commander

9 hours ago, астра said:

ну что ж...они заработали денег и купили офис,а теперь будет реклама,реклама и обещания,обещания и реклама...хотелось бы продолжения,очень хотелось бы,ведь игра-красивая!

Ну, так завтра же патч :)