SES_Adam

"125" - February 16th, 2017

177 posts in this topic

I am on Xbox one and I bought the Microsoft.....windows version.......I love this game and feel sad that I have to start all over again maybe I will go for the steam version ....don't mind paying for it again ...sooo sad ......Happy astroneering to all 

50 minutes ago, Maaaatie said:

1.     Is this the way the game is going to continue in the future ie each time you upgrade the game it will mess with the planet surface and base locations?

2.     Does the Dynamite actually exist as a researchable item, if so how is it unlocked?

1. This is the very nature of a game in early access. It is to be expected that things can break with each update. It says so in the text that is displayed when loading the game, and the developers have explicitly said that you should not get too attached to your save files because it is possible that they can break at any time.
  2. Yes, dynamite can/must be researched. I did it myself even in an older save game. I haven't fully understood how the research actually works, but you might have to find one of the newly added kinds of research pods/artifacts in order to get the schematic for dynamite.

crashes every 25 mins or so and all progress is lost. like an episode of twilight zone. also crashes if im about 3 full power drains in rover away from base. it just freezes then kicks me to xbox home screen. still have issues of things droping into sub layer in multiplayer. after freeze in multiplayer other player joins and there ship drops through to the first cave below main base

The spaceship and the truck seems to be bugged, they are simply disappearing or going into the space. Yesterday, my spaceship disappeared right in my face and today i have a truck on space. However the patch really improved the performance on xb1, keep the good work guys.

When I try to load a save that was made before this update, the game crashes.

One important question, from which point of the developing it will be safe to you play several hours without the possibility of losing save?

4 hours ago, Maaaatie said:

2.     Does the Dynamite actually exist as a researchable item, if so how is it unlocked?

3 hours ago, Marck said:

Yes, dynamite can/must be researched. I did it myself even in an older save game. I haven't fully understood how the research actually works, but you might have to find one of the newly added kinds of research pods/artifacts in order to get the schematic for dynamite.

I have to correct myself here: As of yet, I have not been able to research dynamite in an older save game. I confused this with my newly started game; my apologies.

5 hours ago, Marck said:
  1. This is the very nature of a game in early access. It is to be expected that things can break with each update. It says so in the text that is displayed when loading the game, and the developers have explicitly said that you should not get too attached to your save files because it is possible that they can break at any time.
  2. Yes, dynamite can/must be researched. I did it myself even in an older save game. I haven't fully understood how the research actually works, but you might have to find one of the newly added kinds of research pods/artifacts in order to get the schematic for dynamite.

I do get the early access issue, my concern was more about the future of the game and the frustration that will arise if this happens every time there is an update to the game.  If it is not addressed now it could be a huge problem in the future.

I got your correction for the Dynamite and I think I have since found the problem.  I had found several of new research pods (as previously stated) but none were producing Dynamite.  So I started a new game and the very first item that popped up as research was Dynamite.  I think that the problem is that research items are not locked to a specific pod (thankfully), rather a new blueprint will unlock when any new style of pod is discovered.  I believe what happened was, because I had previously unlocked all research items, the game was incapable of reverting back to a position where not all items had been researched and so each pod produced nothing but minerals.

This too will be a problem in the future if not rectified now, as it is not desirable to have to start a new game to gain access to to research items as they are introduced into the game.

It looks like I had the same issue as a few other folks in that my previously saved games on Xbox One were no longer able to load after the update got pushed out.  I assume this will not get remedied as the new version made changes that were no longer compatible with the previous game.  Looking forward to trying the new version with a new game!

On 2/17/2017 at 7:40 AM, space is the place said:

How do we enable the sandboxing option in the experimental version?

By sandboxing they mean that stable will not load experimental and experimental will not load stable saves. They're in a 'sandbox'.

нашёл гематит,но он очень похож на титан и не плавится...нашёл двигатель,не пойму куда его прилепить,чтоб задействовать.на Экзотике-грузовик застревает в траве(на стыке разноцветной почвы).кто нить пробавал взорвать много динамита сразу,а очень много?))эффектно,однако!)))

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 8:55 PM, Nazfuratu said:

Are you having any Frame Rate issues? Im still at work and havent had a chance to play yet.

No frame rate issues as of yet, build 2+ bases on each planet, and done some extensive digging, no drops like before :) used to be I would get 3 bases total across all the planets, and the framerate went down significantly. much better now! sorry for the late response

9 hours ago, Marck said:

I have to correct myself here: As of yet, I have not been able to research dynamite in an older save game. I confused this with my newly started game; my apologies.

From the videos I found online concerning the update, it looks like you research it from the pods, and use aluminum to build it from the backpack, haven't gotten it yet, but i'm still looking

30 minutes ago, luckyshepp said:

From the videos I found online concerning the update, it looks like you research it from the pods, and use aluminum to build it from the backpack, haven't gotten it yet, but i'm still looking

You are correct in the way it is found and built but don't waste your time looking for it in an older game.  If, in a previous game you unlocked all of the research that was available at that time, you wont be able to find the Dynamite research. You will have to start a new game.

2 hours ago, Maaaatie said:

You are correct in the way it is found and built but don't waste your time looking for it in an older game.  If, in a previous game you unlocked all of the research that was available at that time, you wont be able to find the Dynamite research. You will have to start a new game.

Fair enough lol, thanks for the intel

20 hours ago, marilyn caru said:

I am on Xbox one and I bought the Microsoft.....windows version.......I love this game and feel sad that I have to start all over again maybe I will go for the steam version ....don't mind paying for it again ...sooo sad ......Happy astroneering to all 

Across any platform you will experience this due to the game being in a pre-alpha state. I'm sure once the game is complete and out of alpha state this problem will be remedied. Keep in mind that this game is currently in its infancy and it will be some time before the full game is released. Until then just have fun and explore the new items they create/place as they come out. There will be lots of bugs and issues along the way but that's what we're here for. To play the game and grow with it and help it grow by reporting issues in the feedback forums. Hope this was of some help to you.

Edited by ChickenMan

19 hours ago, eddie weindel said:

crashes every 25 mins or so and all progress is lost. like an episode of twilight zone. also crashes if im about 3 full power drains in rover away from base. it just freezes then kicks me to xbox home screen. still have issues of things droping into sub layer in multiplayer. after freeze in multiplayer other player joins and there ship drops through to the first cave below main base

These are common connection issues; it's happened to many people in earlier build versions. They should be fixed soon.

i think having more than 4 vehicles or having a large power setup 6 batteries 4 solar system and 4 wind vanes all large cause this lag crash. tried things in steps and these seemed to start frame rate lag.

On XBox One this is much more stable!

One question though, why are the Astroneer characters now so skinny? They look a bit weird.

Feed the poor chaps.

R

Is this build supposed to be stable? It keeps crashing on me, and I have been doing completely different things when it crashes.

I can't wait to start playing the game, however I have too many profiles on my XB1 and I don't know how to delete them.  Does anyone know how to if possible?

6 hours ago, SilverSilhouette said:

I can't wait to start playing the game, however I have too many profiles on my XB1 and I don't know how to delete them.  Does anyone know how to if possible?

You mean Astroneer saved games? Just go to games and apps, manage Astroneer, then choose the option to delete all saved data for the game, this way you will delete all saved games.

1 minute ago, Richard Sebire said:

Thank you

Anytime my fellow space explorer, glad I could help you out. May the compound be with you.

1 hour ago, WildTiger said:

You mean Astroneer saved games? Just go to games and apps, manage Astroneer, then choose the option to delete all saved data for the game, this way you will delete all saved games.

Ah, I got my last post wrong.

I meant to say thank you too you Mr Mulder, that was the very info I was looking for.

Kudos to you.

3 minutes ago, Richard Sebire said:

Ah, I got my last post wrong.

I meant to say thank you too you Mr Mulder, that was the very info I was looking for.

Kudos to you.

I understood you even without the quote, that's why I replied what I replied. The truth is out there.