SES_Adam

"125" - February 16th, 2017

1 minute ago, El_Gordo said:

Have you tried picking up all your old tethers?  I was having issues with that and read somewhere that this was the fix (for now) for that and it worked for me.

I have not tried that. I have an external Hard Drive for the majority of my content on my Xbox, Im using literally 5% of my internal storage so im very confused on this issue never have frame rate problems with any other game. 

* I will definitely try that though ill start a whole new game and just recycle tethers and see if that helps. Thank you! 

5 minutes ago, ikorbln said:

There are some Bugs with this patch. with the experimental i had stabel 60fps. now im back down to 35fps.

And my items and trucks are dropping down in the ground and they are gone.....

please confirm that you have real 0.125, not 0.119 or 0.122 :)

to me it works brilliant (0.125)

20 minutes ago, ikorbln said:

oh good, my steam Client just went back to 122 experimental....so....125 is canceled??

No, they had to redeploy to fix an issue for Win10 and Vista users.

ahhh just the evening when i've hours of homework D: damnit this game is already taking away my sleep :P

4 hours ago, SES_Adam said:

Xbox One and Windows 10 users should expect a wait of 48 hours for the patch to reach their console or Windows 10 install.

• Improved game pad support on launch menu
  • Performance improvement: Added a system for fully despawning decorator sets as you move away from them.

48 hours? I got this update on Xbox 30 minutes ago, just 4 hours after the announcement post. Much better now, good job on releasing updates for all the platforms at the same time.

As for the launch menu gamepad optimization, really great now, this was the difference I noticed right away when I launched the game. So much better than before.

This improvement was one of my suggestions, maybe more people also suggested, I wonder if it means your company listened. Whenever I give other companies suggestions, ideas, I feel like they always ignore me. So if you listened to my suggestion, it would be a 1st time for me. In my opinion, it's a win-win situation. I win because I get what I asked, your company wins because you make a fan of your game (me) much more likely to buy new games by you in the future.

I've read the patch notes, I'm not sure what is a "decorator set".

I went to my backpack and tried to craft dynamite, but it wasn't available, just the same items as before. Maybe we have to research something new to make dynamite available from the backpack crafting?

Regarding the performance, after reading on the forum, I hoped my saved game would suffer an increase in peformance, so I loaded my saved game. Sadly, I noticed no difference, it's still very choppy, jerky, almost unplayable, oh well, I guess I have to wait more time for future updates to make the performance better.

I tried the flattening cursor but the cursor bug I reported before, at least on radiated, still happens. My flattening cursor skips a big area right in front of me, making terraforming with precision very difficult and frustrating.

2 hours ago, Djeyson Zimmermann said:

ótimo, será que vai diminuir a lentidão no Xbox one ?

Ae cara tudo legal? Astroneer alto astral, bombando, jóia, gostoso.

30 minutes ago, WildTiger said:

48 hours? I got this update on Xbox 30 minutes ago, just 4 hours after the announcement post. Much better now, good job on releasing updates for all the platforms at the same time.

As for the launch menu gamepad optimization, really great now, this was the difference I noticed right away when I launched the game. So much better than before.

This improvement was one of my suggestions, maybe more people also suggested, I wonder if it means your company listened. Whenever I give other companies suggestions, ideas, I feel like they always ignore me. So if you listened to my suggestion, it would be a 1st time for me. In my opinion, it's a win-win situation. I win because I get what I asked, your company wins because you make a fan of your game (me) much more likely to buy new games by you in the future.

I've read the patch notes, I'm not sure what is a "decorator set".

I went to my backpack and tried to craft dynamite, but it wasn't available, just the same items as before. Maybe we have to research something new to make dynamite available from the backpack crafting?

Regarding the performance, after reading on the forum, I hoped my saved game would suffer an increase in peformance, so I loaded my saved game. Sadly, I noticed no difference, it's still very choppy, jerky, almost unplayable, oh well, I guess I have to wait more time for future updates to make the performance better.

I tried the flattening cursor but the cursor bug I reported before, at least on radiated, still happens. My flattening cursor skips a big area right in front of me, making terraforming with precision very difficult and frustrating.

Ae cara tudo legal? Astroneer alto astral, bombando, jóia, gostoso.

The performance fix will most likely never affect saved games, we'll probably have to start a new one every update, they said that it would be hopeless to get attached to your saves because they will probably get corrupted, wont work, or wont update. Remember, its Pre-Alpha.

Edited by S4INT ABSIN
Needed to add a little something

11 minutes ago, Infinite said:

I got the update on Xbox but I don't see dynamite that I can craft in my backpack. 

You have to research it.

I've tried three of my old save games with poor performance and unfortunately performance is exactly as before. With the difference that the lod pop ups are severe now, for some reason it does not improve performance. Do we have to start a new save in order to get improvements on the over time fps degradation issue?

Xbox updated today with the update, and it's amazing :) can't play old saves, but figured that would happen :) fantastic stuff, can't wait to explore

Hi all, just stumbled onto this game.... Wow its awesome... if it wasn't for a wiki i would not have stopped dying. One thing that i have noticed that the win 10 version does not have smooth motion on a surface 4 base model...xbox.. found it easy to buried by ones self. And re appear  some where else.. back pack does obscure the placement of minerals power when using smelter and other addition modules. the accuracy of terra forming device target is not smooth.. maybe related to planet Surface rendering refresh love the game

I absolutely adore developers that actually do some good work. You guys at System Era know exactly what gamers want. Astroneer is a perfect combination of everything that I have been searching for. And for that, I thank you! Me the community of Xbox One love you guys!

Updated to 125, did a round visit to all 6 planets with my bases and game running great, top job! (Asus G751-JY laptop packing i7 4870HQ, GTX 980m, 32gb ram, SSD) Cheers

Notes - Ground objects initially spawned at default ground level but reset to the current terrain level after I moved away and back in to reload them. - Notable terrain tares this time with parts of the ground at different heights to previous 119 build leaving some tether points floating. - Radiated's ground monsters also spawned in slightly different locations to previous 119 build. (Guessing these issues are to do with scenery reset/respawn or something?) - Graphics menu defaults game to 1600x900 when opened instead of my 1920x1080.

2 hours ago, luckyshepp said:

Xbox updated today with the update, and it's amazing :) can't play old saves, but figured that would happen :) fantastic stuff, can't wait to explore

Are you having any Frame Rate issues? Im still at work and havent had a chance to play yet.

12 minutes ago, ammo77 said:

I did not see any fixes for MP where's The Love?? 

its a great update but i also hoped to get some improvements in MP. i wrecked all rovers of my brother in his safe (was 1 day before release).

but i have a good feeling in the future about this. it will be awesome in MP.