I am playing on steam, with the experimental build. when using the drill head on the crane to mine hardened ground for titanium and lithium it makes lots of partial resource nodes not filling any of them up all the way before dumping them on the ground. the partial nodes are not able to be picked up or used in any way. 

I have this problem as well, i have lost at least 12 full resources by the crane just dumping partials on the ground whenever i change to mining a different resource.

Not really a bug, just an annoying issue.  You ideally need 2 truck bases, one with crane/storage with no slots filled and one with cab, generator and storage filled with small storage.  When the large on mining truck fills a slot, move that to the storage truck.

And don't mine multiple resources. 

The issue is caused by switching back and forth between different resources and not having either a partial or empty slot to put the mined resource into.  If you have partials in the mining truck large storage, these will fill before it tries to place it elsewhere. If there's space, otherwise it ejects it to the ground.

I have a strange bug too.

One day i was using the crane and magically one of the half resource node was settle automaticly on my bag. That's terrible! Because i can't remove that node without dieying or using a craft table putting the resourse on it. The only to doing the second option is the crafting table can't be used again because the resourse is not full to make a new object.

I hope this will be fix soon. I don't use the crane because of this.

If one gets stuck in your backpack, make it move to the print slot and then fill the backpack with other types of resource. Then print something that use's a different resource. It should pop out the offending piece.

1 minute ago, The_Gump said:

If one gets stuck in your backpack, make it move to the print slot and then fill the backpack with other types of resource. Then print something that use's a different resource. It should pop out the offending piece.

Oh, that's a great idea!

Thanks for the tip. I'll do if happens again. ^_^

5 minutes ago, Reisen said:

Oh, that's a great idea!

Thanks for the tip. I'll do if happens again. ^_^

No problem... but make sure you print something that use's a resource that you DONT have in your backpack. So when the half finished resource tries to move out of the print slot, it has no where to go other than the ground. EG.. you have a half finish compound in your print slot of the backpack.... fill you pack with batteries... then switch to printing something else... the compound wont be able to move to another slot because they are all filled with batteries.

I was collecting the same type of resource but kept having organic fall into the pit and every time that would knock the resource off. then tried to clear both and moved on to the second area where the same thing happened.

5 hours ago, Ender97 said:

I was collecting the same type of resource but kept having organic fall into the pit and every time that would knock the resource off. then tried to clear both and moved on to the second area where the same thing happened.

Yeh that's a common issue mining near the surface, until they find a way to fix it, we'll just have to deal with it.   Or at least mine slower..  I was hitting compound, resin, hydrazine and organic in my last game, was very annoying.

+1 for this bug (and yes, IT IS a bug). The crane is really broken as a tool. I have no idea why they didn't use the same mechanic as the reform tool where there is only one output port and partials just get tucked away invisibly when you switch what you are mining and then get completed next time you mine that ore type. Maybe the fact that the truck can be used by multiple players is considered a problem but I don't see why that's important. The worst part is littering every storage location on the truck with partials, even the backpack. Most types can be popped by the 'no room' trick but then you lose all those partials forever. The one exception is organic partials on storage 'flats': there seems to be no way to pop them since they don't figure in any platform recipes. For rares, lost partials is almost criminal waste. A solution to this should be a pretty high priority as it makes a mandatory tool (if you want to properly mine the rares) very aggravating to use.

Edited by malnaur