Sign in to follow this  
CaptainShall

Modular Habitat Idea

Hey guys! We just picked up Astroneer a few days ago on Steam early access and love it. I have experience with 3D modeling, and have modded for Minecraft and Cities: Skylines. I came up with an idea for building housing in Astroneer using simple modules and a "pressurization" system that is easy to understand.

I'm sure the devs are already working on something like this, but I whipped it up in just a few hours so I thought I'd share it to see what people thought!

@CaptainShall, I really like your ideas, and the 3-D modeling is impressive. Most people have wanted a placeable house, and the modular part adds just another level of customization, I hope to see this implemented in the game!

Awesome suggestion man, This could actually be a major part of the Game

Like.. You just enter the habitat, The view will then shifts into first person, you can then use the modular habitat to make plan, sleep(skip time), or even store your resources. Maybe there could even be a mini-module.

This could open up a whole new wave of possibilities! I know the devs are working on implementing hunger and a food system and the like in the future, so maybe the food would have to be kept in a pressurized environment once the "big packet" (or whatever format it comes in) is opened xD

On 2/12/2017 at 4:00 AM, CaptainShall said:

Hey guys! We just picked up Astroneer a few days ago on Steam early access and love it. I have experience with 3D modeling, and have modded for Minecraft and Cities: Skylines. I came up with an idea for building housing in Astroneer using simple modules and a "pressurization" system that is easy to understand.

I'm sure the devs are already working on something like this, but I whipped it up in just a few hours so I thought I'd share it to see what people thought!

OOOOOO i like this.