Lithium

How to make dihydrazine

.eJwNzFEOxBAQANC7OIAxVqneRhAkrRGmH7ubvfv2HeB9xT1PcYjKPNYBkNqKNJNcTDOULAtROXMYbclIFwTmEOuVOy_QBnE31lqnNmNRGw_aebf53Rn0SuMLtXrC-k4zfFrPcvQifn-XXSRo.QJ32063DapegU6A28oSyAVt_It0?width=797&height=468

.eJwFwUEOgjAQAMC_9AFtdy1L4eaBeFIJet800BQSoKStejD-3ZmveKVVtGIu5citUtOSx5gmmUtMLngZYgyrd8eS5Rg35Upx47z5vWSFBsAaIqp1ZQjQNArrxmqoCC1aOhGQVufHc7jfum7gi9s898m_F_9hZNCMGmq2fNJsgPurPPYgfn-bei0w.ezeHs9v28jueQTCZ0g6BtpgdjLU?width=797&height=468This is an obvious bug, discovered by discord user samnrad.

It allows the player to fill hydrazine into an oxygen tank twice

It function exactly like hydrazine but can fill in twice the amount of fuel, hence dubbed as "dihydrazine" by OP

How to make it

1. First, craft an empty oxygen tank using titanium
  2. Place tank into the hydrazine condenser and run it (This will basically fill the tank with half the hydrazine)
  3. Attach the tank into a crane&drill and mine some hydrazine with it but don't fill it
  4. Put the tank back into the condenser and run it again
  5. You now have the a tank with twice the density of hydrazine, and twice as much fuel provided

(a step by step image provided by discord user Jellybean_)

.eJwFwVEOAxEQANC7-K9ZU51h79EDCGIlFmH61fT

Edited by Wyvyrias
Fixed title

24 minutes ago, samnrad said:

Just a note, Jellybean_ tested it in the current version and it works there too

Oh.. dangit, forgot to change the title, I'll ask Wyvy for this

But it still it a pretty informative for some

Wonder why this took players so long to discover

Edited by Lithium

Ahh...I thought, "I'll try that oxygen tank on the fuel condenser thing."  Didn't think to double check how to do it...Put my oxygen tank on the condenser, filled it.  Filled it again...Now I can't pull it off!  So, the fuel condenser is now useless.  :(

Oh well.  I'll build another.

This is in experimental, btw.

8 hours ago, TwoHedWlf said:

Ahh...I thought, "I'll try that oxygen tank on the fuel condenser thing."  Didn't think to double check how to do it...Put my oxygen tank on the condenser, filled it.  Filled it again...Now I can't pull it off!  So, the fuel condenser is now useless.  :(

Oh well.  I'll build another.

This is in experimental, btw.

Reloading your save should fix this problem

I hope this is pointing in the direction of having low/high pressure tanks using different materials.

21 hours ago, samnrad said:

Reloading your save should fix this problem

It did, managed to pull it off.  I'd kind of hoped I could still use it as an oxygen tank, but after filling my spaceship with it, it's been turned into an empty  "Hydrazine tank"

What happens when you put these "high pressure hydrazine tanks" in a shuttle ? Do they actually contains twice the quantity of hydrazine as a standard stack ?

5 hours ago, FlorentP said:

What happens when you put these "high pressure hydrazine tanks" in a shuttle ? Do they actually contains twice the quantity of hydrazine as a standard stack ?

Well they should have twice the amount of hydrazine, I'm planning to test them later on myself.

20 hours ago, FlorentP said:

I'm fairly sure they do, they have double the burn time when you put them on a thruster (25 secs as opposed to 12.5 secs roughly)

Maybe it's not a bug. Maybe the "oxygen" tank is built as a generic purpose, high pressure tank. It's only called "oxygen tank" because it's its only use for now.

It's coherent with the fact that despite being twice smaller than the main oxygen tank, it holds the same amount (70secs).

Just now, FlorentP said:

Maybe it's not a bug. Maybe the "oxygen" tank is built as a generic purpose, high pressure tank. It's only called "oxygen tank" because it's its only use for now.

It's coherent with the fact that despite being twice smaller than the main oxygen tank, it holds the same amount (70secs).

Could be true tho, Maybe the "tanks" is programmed to carry other gas and liquids

Somewhere in a thread around here we had a long discussion about several different kinds of tanks made using different materials: compound, titanium and perhaps a third. the compound ones are disposable, the titanium and third kind reuseable and recyclable/reclaimable. I hope they implement this as it would help tame the hydrazine beast.

Oh, that's right. There was also discussion about recycling objects, bits and parts.