SES_Adam

Feb. 9 - EXPERIMENTAL build updated, HELP NEEDED!

currently running build 123.

has anyone else had an issue with vehicles just disappearing? i was just out for a joy ride not really caring how far i was going out, found a wreck and investigated it. turned around and my truck was gone, i couldn't of been more the ten feet away. same thing happened to me with rovers as well.

On 10/02/2017 at 3:29 AM, Lala said:

AstroSeam.jpg

Sharing Lala's Screenshot, build 123 : I'm loosing terrain : I travel a lot and far with a truck and this happens around all zones I modified (harvesting, terra-forming, ...). rectangle zones with "floating point rounding mismatches" like told on the live about network games.

Edited by Kawazu
Typo

Finally circumnavigated the planet north / south from my base without vehicles placing a tether trail and tunneling through mountains (mostly).  First time I got back to my base and got into the shuttle the game crashed and I had to complete an earlier save.  On returning to base 6-7 FPS - normally over 60 at the start of a game.  Went back to the load game menu 22 FPS - at this point I would expect everything in the saved game to be flushed out so looks like memory leaks to me.
Unloaded and re-started the game.  62 FPS at menu.    Ran my route around the planet - not easy at 7FPS to stay on bridges I have made - about 23 minutes to run around the planet.  FPS is consistently low.

It would be pleasant if rocks did not spawn on crafted terrain or there won't be much point making roads.

Certainly this release doesn't seem much better than the non-experimental release at improving frame rate.
GTX 980 Ti with 6GB. Core I5, 16GB RAM

Hi, firstly wanna say great game! loving every second of it and cant wait for more content.

thought I'd contribute to the bug report, in the screenshot the above circle is where part of my base disconnected from the main base after I extended it, the bottom circle is a strange one, I filled up with alluminium or, I actually loaded 6 of them up since I managed to load one right onto the top socket (dont think I've been able to do this before), it produced 4 alluminium and this little half you see,  just made that socket useless, I cant move it off and it doesn't let me use that space again. 

Keep up the good work guys!

Regards

TiltedTitan.

20170212172841_1_Ink_LI.jpg

Im having a major issue playing on a friends game. I am not able to place tethers, buildings disappear after built and i constantly fall threw the terrain or im catapulted great distances while trying to become unstuck. I absolutely love this game. I very impressed with it so far. These slight bugs i know are apart of the process but after flying to another planet, we are trying to establish a base and i cannot place or collect anything. Even with 2 shuttles on different areas it still wont allow me to place.

Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl
Sabre Tooth 990FX R2.0
PSU - XFX PRO850W Black Edition Full Modular
AMD FX 8320 Black Edition 3.50GHz (Socket AM3+) 4.5 OC'd
Crossfired - Asus R9 290 DirectCU II OC plus my OC.
Crucial Ballistix 2x 8GB CL 8 UnBuffered NON-ECC
Kingston HyperX 3K  240GB
ADATA Sx900 256GB SATA III  <~~ Operating system (win10)
Evo Hyper 212 CPU cooler push/pull Corsair Static pressure
5 x 140mm Spectre Case Fans

I am currently not running this game on crossfire as i found out immediately it wasn't feasible.

I've never seen ressources poping like that before. not sure if it's a bug or just a part of the patch ^^. The ground around looks a bit glitched tho.

Capture.PNG

Terrain generation on Exotic planets seems to be a bit... artistic

Just had a crash when my truck rolled over and I was trying to make it upright again.

Low gravity, STERILE planet (the Terran moon)

Solar panel not correctly attached

20170212193141_1.jpg

20170212193151_1.jpg

tried to move my rover by putting dynamite near and after it exploded the plants and rock that were broken started to float and spin freely in the air. 

20170212114945_1.jpg

Just tried to research something and ever time I do the item is like this.

20170211102931_1.jpg

Some bugs me and my friends encountered in a 3 player game.

1. Game crashing for host mostly when saving, sometimes random.
    We think it has something to do with terraforming. To the end of the 4-5 hours session it got more frequent.
  2. Items cannot be taken by clients.
    Happens if client has no free slot while mining sometimes and sometimes seemingly random.
  3. Items stuck in base expansion.
    Happened while building a research expansion with items nearby on the ground.
  4. Terrain deformation did not get synced to other client.
    One of the clients did terraforming which i as the host could see but the other client couldn't, he saw the changes when i terraformed it, but only the bits i changed.
  5. One of the clients could see through the floor.
    Maybe a rendering bug and only minor. Happened only once.
  6. Tethers sometimes did not get powered even though they were connected to the base/vehicle.
    I don't know what caused this exactly but it could be a problem of them updating. Had to go to the first tether that connected it to the base/vehicle and reset that one.
  7. Clients respawned under the base. Could dig a tunnel to get out.
    I did not die and forgot to try it out at the end, so i don't know if it is a client only bug.
  8. Tethers disappeared if there is no stack in the inventory when collected.
  9. The longer the game went the less FPS i had, even though my CPU always ran only at about 50-70% and my GPU at about 50% all the time.
  10. All of the props that cover the terrain respawn when i reloaded the save, leading to floating props.

My system specs are:
CPU: i5-4690k @ 4.2 GHz
GPU: MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970
RAM: 16 GB
Network: 1 Gbit/s LAN, about 120 Mbit/s down- and 12 Mbit/s upload, stable

Would love to see dedicated servers for this game.

Hope this will help improve the game.
Love the game and good job so far SES.

Edited by HypnoTox
Forgot one point

Over 2 hrs in experimental and the only thing I noticed is that when I zoom way out my FPS drops dramatically.

I'm pretty sure its probably just my settings.

Awesome detail.

I like ya'lls new office space. Keep up the good work

2 hours ago, HypnoTox said:

Some bugs me and my friends encountered in a 3 player game.

1. Game crashing for host mostly when saving, sometimes random.
    We think it has something to do with terraforming. To the end of the 4-5 hours session it got more frequent.
  2. Items cannot be taken by clients.
    Happens if client has no free slot while mining sometimes and sometimes seemingly random.
  3. Items stuck in base expansion.
    Happened while building a research expansion with items nearby on the ground.
  4. Terrain deformation did not get synced to other client.
    One of the clients did terraforming which i as the host could see but the other client couldn't, he saw the changes when i terraformed it, but only the bits i changed.
  5. One of the clients could see through the floor.
    Maybe a rendering bug and only minor. Happened only once.
  6. Tethers sometimes did not get powered even though they were connected to the base/vehicle.
    I don't know what caused this exactly but it could be a problem of them updating. Had to go to the first tether that connected it to the base/vehicle and reset that one.
  7. Clients respawned under the base. Could dig a tunnel to get out.
    I did not die and forgot to try it out at the end, so i don't know if it is a client only bug.
  8. Tethers disappeared if there is no stack in the inventory when collected.
  9. The longer the game went the less FPS i had, even though my CPU always ran only at about 50-70% and my GPU at about 50% all the time.
  10. All of the props that cover the terrain respawn when i reloaded the save, leading to floating props.

My system specs are:
CPU: i5-4690k @ 4.2 GHz
GPU: MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970
RAM: 16 GB
Network: 1 Gbit/s LAN, about 120 Mbit/s down- and 12 Mbit/s upload, stable

Would love to see dedicated servers for this game.

Hope this will help improve the game.
Love the game and good job so far SES.

Clients are all on Version: 123

Players where able to connect on this version as apposed to 122. From above...

I can confirm #'1: Seems to also happen more frequently when "another' plays enter the truck. ) = see Astro-UE4crashdump.zip

Can confirm #2

Can confirm #4 (See attached screenshots)

Can confirm # 7

Can confirm # 8  - Shift clicking tethers without a stack already resulting in tethers apperating into another universe instead.

"Would love to see dedicated servers for this game" - super please.

player_2-screen2.jpg

player_2-screen1.jpg

player_1-screen2.jpg

player_1-screen1.jpg

CrashContext.runtime-xml

UE4Minidump.dmp

Astro.log

Astro-UE4crashdump.zip

Edited by Telendrith

1hr 45mins 15sec  Physics Glitch on Truck I haven't seen before in Released Build, at one point I was unable to get truck to flip back to ground, had to dig under it, then level terrain to finally get it to sit correctly.

This is Experi Patch 2.123 Steam Ver.

Edited by Wyvyrias
Edited version on request

9 hours ago, Kawazu said:

Sharing Lala's Screenshot, build 123 : I'm loosing terrain : I travel a lot and far with a truck and this happens around all zones I modified (harvesting, terra-forming, ...). rectangle zones with "floating point rounding mismatches" like told on the live about network games.

I saw couple of these terrain problems, too.

When I load up a world, my spaceship wont connect to anything. No matter what I do, the blue twirly thingy never shows itself. (sorry i don't have a picture, I don't have any camera equipment)

When I blast off into space (with the spaceship if you really want to know), the icy planet is cut into corters and each corter is inverted. Also the atmosphere is off center. (when looking at it from at least every planet other then it)

Sometimes when I'm spelunking, I see those green plants (the ones that explode when you uproot them) stuck in the ceiling. I also see those purple thingies (the ones that have a cord dangling from them) stuck in the floor. with the purple ones, if I as much as touch them with the terraform tool, they will "fall" into the floor.

Random Game Crash - source unknown

Astro Vers. 123 on steam

Attached is thye UE4 crash dump and game files from appdata local

Devs, and my fellow community members this game is amazing! Thank you.  :x

Other Notes: in multiplayer render distance on connected clients is lower then host (could be client settings)

- Resources "pop in" at the time as grass (also the pop-in for grass seems really low... can we get another 15-30m?)

- After a few hours of hosting a multiplayer session FPS lowers to about 15 or so.

- When the truck rolls and you TAB it to flip it over it barrel rolls back to upside down 74.2% of the time. (this number is made up and an exaggeration, FYI)

- Single Truck [not the rover] driving seems ok. Having two? driving is worse then shoveling hot coals with your bare hands :o

- First time another player connects they spawn approx 100m under the surface. Second respawn and forward it seems to spawn correctly.

- Sometimes rover will just "Dive off into the sunset" to visit it's lost friends or meet with it's girldriend at the beech .. no idea whats happening there.

-= Sometimes units power don't register when connecting to a vehicle grid and won't charge the vehicle  

- On multiplayer sessions clients and hosts get different research notifications [Should note that about 1/2 the time connected clients don't get any notifications]

- Items attached to the rear of the truck fall off for the host and not connected clients (synchronization issues)

PC

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 14393) (14393.rs1_release.161220-1747)
 Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
 System Manufacturer: ASUS
 System Model: All Series
 BIOS: 3402
 Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5930K CPU @ 3.50GHz (12 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
 Memory: 32768MB RAM
  Available OS Memory: 32680MB RAM
  Page File: 5416MB used, 32384MB available
  Windows Dir: C:\Windows
  DirectX Version: DirectX 12
  DX Setup Parameters: Not found
  User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
  System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

Thanks again,

~Telendrith

AstroUE4CrashDump.zip

DxDiag.txt

UPDATE

Hey everyone! Thanks so much for reporting these issues you've experienced while trying out the Experimental build of the game (122 and 123). You've given us a lot of great feedback so far. We're going to keep this thread open for a little while longer (a day or two) and then close it so the team can move on to getting the official patch ready.

Thanks again everyone!