SES_Adam

Feb. 9 - EXPERIMENTAL build updated, HELP NEEDED!

I found some bugs, it doesn't happen always and has been mentioned in this thread already. I have not gone through all my stream videos to find some video examples but when mining resources with a full pack sometimes instead of dropping on the ground it disappears instead. I think it might even be dropping underground but cannot confirm that yet.

The second issue is getting stuck in the new space wreckage. I have video of that below, I thought for sure I had to kill myself. :) 

I loaded into my game from yesterday (experimental build) and didn't realize it but I had some buggy dynamite in my backpack. I didn't know it was buggy until getting into the truck as it caused the truck to flip and freak out on exit. You see in the video the different things I tried thinking it was something on the truck until I found out it was the dynamite.

The last thing so far is I REALLY enjoy the dynamite! I just hope we can blow up everything with it, not only the rock and stone formations that we find but wreckage and plants (bad and passive) as well. Maybe spray organic compound all around when they blow up! Its strange trying to blow a plant to smithereens only for it to still be standing after you blow a large hole in the ground.

Edited by KlasiK

My game crashed after I tried to use my habitat during a storm on Terra. Then I immediately restarted my game and was loaded into a buggy I used just before, but I was unable to drive it. When I pressed the buttons to move, the power on the buggy was going down, but it wasn't moving. Then, I got out of my buggy, the power went back to where it was, and I was able to drive it once I got back in my buggy again.

I play off of steam and I have windows 10

inside the new crashed spaceshipmodels is some kind of smoke. 

when the spacehip is destroyed (with dynamite), the smoke-emitter does not vanish. 

(v 122)

20170211181909_1.jpg

20170211181937_1.jpg

6 hours ago, Teta said:

First of all, great update!

However, Astroneer just completely crashed for me. This is the first time I've had this happen.

I was running towards my dropship pod (shift-W) because a storm was coming in. While still pressing W I released the shift and pressed TAB to get in the pod when the game crashed into this:

Astroneer-UE4 crash.png

I had a smiliar crash, but i wash trying to rush into my vehicle.

When I started my last load If i am on my vehicle, I cannot move my vehicle unless I get out and get in again. My vehicles' charge goes but it does not move.

20170211124535_1.jpg

Attempted to circumnavigate Terra on foot with a long tether trail.  62 FPS at base with a few things built.   After getting more than half-way around the planet (compass North rotated to South)  FPS started to drop badly.  Eventually 17FPS where I had to stop due to an area with no compound.   On journey built bridges and tunnels through mountains to stay as close to a straight line as possible.

WIN 10. 16GB RAM. GTX 980 Ti with 6GB RAM   3440x1440 Ultra wide monitor

This just started today, after I have playing for several hours on the test version. Whenever I exit a vehicle, a truck in this particular instance, the vehicle will flip in the air and land upside-down. I can press TAB to enter, but it will flip again. Eventually, by chance, it will land upright and I can enter it. In a sand storm this can be fatal.

20170211151909_1.jpg

Bug: The visual of you crafting stuff does not appear when you close and reopen your inventory.

How to Replicate: Begin crafting something in your inventory, then quickly close and reopen your inventory. The thing that your crafting will look like it's not being crafted... Until it finishes crafting.

I've been playing for around 3 hours in total in multiplayer on the experimental build. We're a group of four. The game crashed on us 4-5 times suddenly, but there are a couple of other bugs. Here's what we found so far.

• As the host, I kept dropping certain items out of my backpack when I mined/found them in a certain cave. For whatever reason, be it minerals or power nuggets, if I found them in one cave, they disappeared by the time I reached the surface. However, for the other three in my party, this didn't happen. My friend found the stuff I had though in a floating backpack, even though it was a duplicate.

dsa.png.b4a7ffd7236b9f4f85a0ec568c5f5be9.png

• The Vehicle Bay appeared weirdly for the rest of them after I built it in the base. Tilted to a Lion King level. It looked normal to me.

fsa.png.a137c7aed20012e74a150d66fe2df83a.png

• I was driving the truck, but my friend saw me standing still away from it while it was moving.
  • This might be a new fashion, so I have no idea if it's supposed to work like this. Part of the crash that we find can be placed in a backpack slot.

5.png.b1bc375aafb9c5331c13e16c7e123335.png

I have found the same bugs others have, shift click keep it ready to blow up. But placing it back on the ground and picking up normally will turn it back off.

tnt armed.png

11 hours ago, Ljorius said:

Note quite sure, if its bug, but i think it is worth mentioning.

Currently i cannot expand or progress in the game

• the lack of compound deposits :  my base expanded bigger than in the games before, just because of the hugh amount of Resin, but i lack Compound. i had to drive at start with the rover great distances to find some, afterwards even going underground and do so digging, the balance between Resin and Compound appears to be out of hand.
  • some research is not appearing : i collected dozens of unknown objects around the base, even a lot from underground, now for some time no research is triggered any more, i am still missing : the habitat, the winch, the large storage, the trading post, the spaceship, the crane. 

well the lack of the habitat and the large storage are more serious, i can only carry a few thinks around and building a 2ndary base is impossible. i harvested on the surface in the area around my base nearly every possible research item, goind further from base is nearly also impossible, since i cannot place enough beacons due to the lack Compound. Curently i am moving the few Beacons as far as possible. 

As you can see here, i have some compound, but that is the rest i was able to harvest around my base und from below. Copper and Aluminium are coming in a hugh amount, also Resin.

You need to use the trading post.

On 2/10/2017 at 0:51 PM, W_Dogy said:

i got a this after loading game

realy dont know what this means........

maybe its use full

specs

Intel i5 4690k

1070 Vram 8 GB

16 GB Ram

windows 10 64bit

Capture.PNG

untill this build, ive never had any issues with crashing. i keep seeing this when i get in to vehicles.

OS: Windows 10 pro x64 | version 10.0.1493 | Build 1493
    CPU: AMD Athlon II x4 640 3.00GHz
    GPU: GeForce GTX 950 2048MB
    RAM: 2x2GB ADATA DDR3 & 2x4GB Corissair (dual channel)

40 minutes ago, pooponaut said:

You need to use the trading post.

if i can research it, yes, but since the truck was the last research, i was able to gain, i cannot even do this

Addendum to my previous post. Now vehicles stall and will not move when I TAB into them. They seem to squat into the surface and will not move forward or backwards. However, the wheels will move left or right. I created a new vehicle and the problem persisted. At this point the game is really no longer playable. I will start a new game.

20170211183652_1.jpg

Tried placing Dynamite on the ground inside a cave. It looked to have shot up through the ground and for all I knew at the time it disappeared entirely. Went inside my Base Pod to avoid a sand storm when I noticed a red triangle on top of it that said Dynamite. I clicked it and it exploded apparently killing me along with it. Strange part about this was that there wasn't a dead body for me to gather materials from. Later on I died to another sand storm and when I re-spawned all of the materials I had lost in the previous death popped out of the base allowing me to collect what I had thought I lost.

I was moving around tethers, inside a cave, to make it more efficient when it stopped providing Oxygen and the cables connecting all the tethers turned black as if they were inactive. After suffocating to death I noticed the tether was black all the way to my base and I had to lift and set the first tether in order to re-establish an oxygen supply.

Also I know there have been some issues with vehicles in the past but never experienced this one. So just in case it's a new bug I'll add it here. My partner took out our Truck to gather some materials when both of our games froze entirely and our Truck vanished into thin air. No beacon signal to even track where it went.

I really enjoyed the experimental place, but  I started getting low fps now. I know you guys are working on it but was expecting it will be solved in this patch :/  FPS Issue :/  Please focus on this. It does not make sense to have dynamites if you are moving frame by frame.

Thanks

1. i7 4790K, 4.00GhZ
  2. RAM: 16gb
  3. GTX 980

Opened my backpack next to my truck + rover chain after harvesting from one of the "fountains" and the vehicles disappeared to be "found" like this and then disappearing moments later

20170211191249_1.jpg

20170211191309_1.jpg