SES_Adam

Feb. 9 - EXPERIMENTAL build updated, HELP NEEDED!

Note quite sure, if its bug, but i think it is worth mentioning.

Currently i cannot expand or progress in the game

• the lack of compound deposits :  my base expanded bigger than in the games before, just because of the hugh amount of Resin, but i lack Compound. i had to drive at start with the rover great distances to find some, afterwards even going underground and do so digging, the balance between Resin and Compound appears to be out of hand.
  • some research is not appearing : i collected dozens of unknown objects around the base, even a lot from underground, now for some time no research is triggered any more, i am still missing : the habitat, the winch, the large storage, the trading post, the spaceship, the crane. 

well the lack of the habitat and the large storage are more serious, i can only carry a few thinks around and building a 2ndary base is impossible. i harvested on the surface in the area around my base nearly every possible research item, goind further from base is nearly also impossible, since i cannot place enough beacons due to the lack Compound. Curently i am moving the few Beacons as far as possible. 

As you can see here, i have some compound, but that is the rest i was able to harvest around my base und from below. Copper and Aluminium are coming in a hugh amount, also Resin.

The one I had that hasn't already been mentioned: I had a bunch of Organic nuggets in a shallow pit in my base, I drove really far away looking for research, came back and they had despawned.  I don't know if this is related to the new performance fix that despawns the grass, but I've never had it happen on the prior version.  I did notice that nuggets rolled further in windstorms in this version, but they were in a hole about as deep as the character model surrounded by 3 umbilicals so I don't think they blew away. 

Also, a very minor one is that dynamite leaves behind the grass when you blow up the area under it (pic attached).

I also had all of the following that were already mentioned (with my specs):

*Truck + Habitat = weird gravity

*No death animation

*Unreal engine crash to desktop when getting into a vehicle too quick

*More sliding on flatter ground

*Oxygen nuggets seemed to be consumed faster (not the backpack supply, just raw nuggets)

*The resource floats above the new Yellow/Red research item when opened

*The new space junk can snap into resource slots

Specs: Steam, Win7 Pro 64 bit SP1, Intel Core i5-3470, 16gb ram, Radeon HD7800

Great patch guys, keep up the good work, dynamite is a lot of fun!

Dynamite Organic.png

hi there,

my system:

win 10/ steam/ i5-4690/ 16gb ram/ radeon r7 370

dynamite is great and the smelter looks really nice, but i foud the bug with the new wrecks too,

there is this disk i can clip to my backpack:

Unbenannt.jpg

Just encountered 2 odd things

• i put an energy nugget on the truck while i was underground to recharge the battery, the energy transfered, but nugget did not become smaller nor did it disappear, the nugged was still fully shown, but was an empty husk.
  • wind vane : the first build and placed one is turning, a nearby is not, only if you pick it up and move it around the turning one, or at least to a position which is very close

Supplemental to my post regard the research issue. I just checked, what was the last thing i successfully researched. The last thing i was able to research was the truck, after that no more research was triggered.

First of all, great update!

However, Astroneer just completely crashed for me. This is the first time I've had this happen.

I was running towards my dropship pod (shift-W) because a storm was coming in. While still pressing W I released the shift and pressed TAB to get in the pod when the game crashed into this:

Astroneer-UE4 crash.png

http://prntscr.com/e7cs6s

uncompleted stack of energy didn't want to fill the energy of the printer when there was no other powersource, this is a bug in the stable build too, but now it keeps moving from the storage on the side to the build inventory and then it jumps back to the storage, this keeps looping

Smelted pallets are lost when there's no room on the smelter.

Sorry about the background music, I was listening streaming radio

{EDIT] Nevermind, they were dropped behind me. (where's the 'delete my post button' anyway?)

Edited by Corstiaan
Not a bug, sorry

Made Dynamite using Alum in my pack. When I drop dynamite into a hole near my base, it vanishes...it appears to streak to my habitat, but inspection shows it does not arrive there.

System Specs:

system spec1.PNG

system spec2.PNG

I placed a small generator on a storage module (8 spot capacity) attached to my fuel condenser.  The hologram above it indicating a place to add organic shows up as usual. Added stack of organic which then was consumed for power.  When done, the organic is gone, but the hologram does not return, unless I pick up the generator and place it again.

When picking up tether from ground (holding LShift for quick picks), and you have your top left slot in your backpack occupied by something else, you lose that tether and disappears completely. 

It doesn't seem to compile in with the rest of the tethers you have on another slot.

Had a slight problem with the Rover. At first I thought it had something to do with the terrain I had constructed above my base. But then I noticed the rover wouldn't move forward, as if it was tethered to something from behind, and could not break free. Soon after it crashed. Check video attached.

My system: 

Windows 10 Pro / Steam / i7-7700k / 32gb ram / GeForce GTX 970 vers,378.49

2017-02-11-_Astroneem_EXP.flv

Edited by Mohzart

Sorry I can't give a screenshot, but I'll explain it to the best of my ability. On most crash sites I visit, I see this huge weird disk sticking up from the ground. When I dig it up, it lets me carry it as if it were a nugget or another object, but it is about as twice as big as my astronaut. It also lets me place it in my backpack, but it stays big. When I bring it to my base, it will stick to the little storage circles, and it only takes up 1. When I place it, the disk is rotated at a 90 degree angle sticking upwards. When I tried the angled storage on my pod, it stayed directionally relative to the angle of the storage circle. I can walk through the disk, and I can't place anything on it. It will not phase through the ground, though. I haven't found a use for such a huge and strange object other than a possible shield from storms, but I have not tested it yet. I currently have two different sizes and colors of these, both from different crashes. I'm not 100% sure if this is me being stupid, or if I shouldn't be able to pick it up. I have never seen these in the main branch, but I'm a bit of a newb.

GREAT UPDATE!!!  Very stable and physics seem much better.

I had a umbilical connector that was new, but was stuck in one position and won't pivot.  The other end of my base pivots just fine.

Keep up the good work.  This update rocks!!!

20170211_095526.mp4

Edited by UncleFudge

Saved game underground in a cave system.  When reloading the game everything has disappeared around me in the save game area apart from my tethers and one of those silvery plants that goes up into the cave roof.  If I walk thirty paces in any direction the smooth cave is again decorated with stalactites etc.

2017-02-11.png

i keep disappearing into the ground, i had that too before the update. But now it keeps happening every 20 meters or something, and it keeps me from playing normally 

2017-02-11 (2).png

Overall the update is very smooth for me.  The graphics seem more vibrant than previous versions.

I have noticed that I tend to get stuck a lot on what seems like nothing.  Especially while carry items.

Just had my truck glitch through the world.  I was able to recover it by tabing into it.  However once it was back to the surface, the front wheel assembly was missing.  Not sure it that's a new game mechanic or a bug but it's the first I've seen of it.

Untitled.jpg

Experimental Specific(ES): Extra resources gathered (If backpack is full and a new nugget is mined/made) will fall off the end of the vacuum and fall through the ground. Happens roughly 60% of the time, regardless of clipping planes around the player.

Not sure if ES: If something is attached to the front of the truck, like a research object, the player becomes trapped under it and/or the truck when exiting the seat. Perhaps move the exit location for the player to the side of the vehicle instead of directly in front?

16 minutes ago, missing1eyebrow said:

Experimental Specific(ES): Extra resources gathered (If backpack is full and a new nugget is mined/made) will fall off the end of the vacuum and fall through the ground. Happens roughly 60% of the time, regardless of clipping planes around the player.

Not sure if ES: If something is attached to the front of the truck, like a research object, the player becomes trapped under it and/or the truck when exiting the seat. Perhaps move the exit location for the player to the side of the vehicle instead of directly in front?

Edit didn't work; retrying: 

Player will periodically start the falling animation even when standing still or walking normally over terrain.

Plants affected by dynamite can lose their gravity, ending up floating around above the ground and eventually into the sky.

Brightness seems to have been raised, during the day base management can be bothersome due to being blinded or the blue/grey holograms of objects being overwhelmed in the light.

20170211103544_1.jpg

20170211083218_1_Ink_LI.jpg