SES_Adam

Feb. 9 - EXPERIMENTAL build updated, HELP NEEDED!

Cars fading into the ground when i logged off. Was able to recover them by digging them out though

20170210181354_1.jpg

Also, 62 FPS yesterday. Today im getting 30-45
i5-4460 @3.2GHZ
GTX 970
8GB RAM

Winch problems! I've been trying to use the winch on a giant solar panel, and this kind of bugs keep happening. I made 3 winches and when the bug "starts" I end up "swimming in the middle of the planet, and then losing my vehicle. 
And no, I couldn't move the solar panel to the base.

20170210204915_1.jpg

20170115140137_1.jpg

20170115140740_1.jpg

20170115140929_1.jpg

20170115141310_1.jpg

20170210212748_1.jpg

I have had one small issue and that is with the drill producing/giving me unfinished resources and allowing them to be put into my inventory and the printer or vehicle bay and not allowing me to take it back out.

20170210211130_1.thumb.jpg.7f717047e847689355cb013f1d584672.jpg

So far on 122 re bugs noticed, can't join friend or vice versa.  

No sounds on terrain tool.  But I do hear the background sound fine.

Steam / Windows 10

Edited by Spoo here

Just a little thing that I noticed, I seem to be sliding a lot more often, for no reason, on flat ground and even going uphill?!

Bug: had copper, created 1-slot generator. Backpack nearly empty. Exited out of backpack view while generator was building. Heard the noise that it was done. Go to backpack, copper is gone, no generator. Nothing on the ground.

Bug: if top left slot is not empty or partial tether stack then shift-clicked tethers disappear instead of going back into inventory..

Only bug I've encountered that's different from main branch is that when you flip a vehicle and try to get into it quickly, sometimes it'll crash to desktop.

I didn't know you could attach the debris discs to nodes, that's funny. I've brought one back to my base.

Getting stead frames between 20-30 so that's a good step in the right direction.

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black 3.2ghz

AMD Radeon 5870 1gb

6gb ram

When building underground base (with a ceiling), and extending to the next section, it wants to go up and instead of straight onto the 'new' floor.

Steam/ Windows 10

"Step 1 of our sweeping performance update. Flora, grass, and small vegetation now optimized to load/offload more intelligently." I think due to this, Flora is appearing a bit too suddenly which makes the playing experience not as pleasant. However, If i had to pick between that and lag, I would be on the side that reduces lag.

18 minutes ago, cosmicorigami said:

"Step 1 of our sweeping performance update. Flora, grass, and small vegetation now optimized to load/offload more intelligently." I think due to this, Flora is appearing a bit too suddenly which makes the playing experience not as pleasant. However, If i had to pick between that and lag, I would be on the side that reduces lag.

I am having this as well. I have view distance on the furthest setting but flora seems to only be loading a few chunks around me. Framerate is up significantly but it's not great to look at.

21 hours ago, dhtn said:

I cannot pick up my materials from the trader platform. I tried every possible angles.

20170210013539_1.jpg

i had a hard time with this too, had to turn the camera to look at the platform sideways instead.

122 overall, playing today, seems massively improved.   Harder to find some research and ore, but game really feels more solid, and just looks and feels better.   Truck feels better.   Really has renewed our interest in the game.

Steam / Windows 10

Edited by Spoo here

Research node from new downed spacecraft did not open once researched.  Could still get resource out and the artifact correctly disappeared.  Also noted the resources appearing too high when the new Green and orange tree artifacts open that has been mentioned earlier.

Can also see two new "saucers" taken from downed spacecraft that I have attached to the base... not really that good for decoration and seem to serve no other purpose at this time, don't interfere with access to the habitat, which is nice.  Attached both of them to the habitat for flying saucer camouflage.

Dumb Research.png

I started my smelter to produce some mats for me. When it was running, suddenly I thought about adding another material to be produced for free B), but the material that smelter was working on lost some parts. Now I cannot touch it :D It stuck...  :/

besides the bugs others reported. I noticed one thing and I don't know if it was an intentional change on the developers part or not? I notice oxygen consumption seems to be faster than  normal forcing you to rely on putting down more tethers than before.

1 hour ago, dhtn said:

I started my smelter to produce some mats for me. When it was running, suddenly I thought about adding another material to be produced for free B), but the material that smelter was working on lost some parts. Now I cannot touch it :D It stuck...  :/

I forgot to attach the pic.

20170211001919_1.jpg

When i started a brand new game i went out and gathered at least 20-30 compound and made a hole in the ground and place all of the compounds inside which i always do in the main build. went out again in search of resin and when i came back the ground had been returned to normal as if i never dug a hole, i dug the hole again in the same spot and all of the compound was gone