SES_Adam

Feb. 9 - EXPERIMENTAL build updated, HELP NEEDED!

Had a crash when trying to fit research on a tethered trucks back.My friend was in the game too

Specs:16gb ram,i7 6700HQ,Gtx 1060,using steam on win 10 64bit

14 hours ago, marcyano said:

When running the new smelter I get the rotary part of the animation but not the glowing molten/smoke effect seen in the preview gif

It's supposed to have more animation other than the new design and rotation? I didn't know that... in that case, it's missing from my game as well.

4 minutes ago, missing1eyebrow said:

It's supposed to have more animation other than the new design and rotation? I didn't know that... in that case, it's missing from my game as well.

me too :/

i got a this after loading game

realy dont know what this means........

maybe its use full

specs

Intel i5 4690k

1070 Vram 8 GB

16 GB Ram

windows 10 64bit

Capture.PNG

Edited by W_Dogy

Very strange Bug:

I prepared 2 Trucks for a large expedition and tried to place a habitat onto the truck, here you can see what happened. bug can reproduced, every time you try to put a habitat onto the truck

122 Experimental

Inactive tethers displaying as active.

I was in a cavern and had created a line of tethers. However I noticed I was losing O2 and starting to suffocate despite being within range of the nearest blue lit tether. I noticed that I wasn't hooked up to it either.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=861053026

I traced the line back and found the gap in the connection. So this explains the dysfunction and that's fine. It only required filling the gap and everything worked as it should.

It doesn't explain, however, why the tether was lit up and blue (indicating an active line) and not blacked out as is usual when a tether has no source.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=861053725

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=861054040

Is the experimental build not supposed to allow multiplayer or is that a bug? Me and friend tried connecting to one another and testing out whether there's still visual glitches for players on a server, that aren't the host, on the other planets. But what ended up happening was both our games crashing at the same time, the moment we joined eachother.

on my first attempt to save the game by going inside the "home" module, the game crashed and he following pop up appeared. This problem haven't occured again at the moment.

Capture.PNG

10 minutes ago, SheepBroadcast said:

Is the experimental build not supposed to allow multiplayer or is that a bug? Me and friend tried connecting to one another and testing out whether there's still visual glitches for players on a server, that aren't the host, on the other planets. But what ended up happening was both our games crashing at the same time, the moment we joined eachother.

A bug without a doubt (it may not even be related to the experimental version since that can happen in the main branch, too).
I've tested it with Adam and he could join me on the first try.

PS: I just answer that particular question here so other people don't mismatch it with a bug unique to the experimental version.

7 minutes ago, Wyvyrias said:

A bug without a doubt (it may not even be related to the experimental version since that can happen in the main branch, too).
I've tested it with Adam and he could join me on the first try.

PS: I just answer that particular question here so other people don't mismatch it with a bug unique to the experimental version.

Well, we've been playing this game since 2 patches ago, and we've never had this happen even once in the main branch. This is the first time it's happened, and we tried to do it multiple times. Both me joining my friend, and my friend joining me. And I don't mean something like crash after a while, it literally crashes the moment either one of us accepts the Steam invite. Any idea how we can "fix" this, so we can try and help with the bug testing as well?

9 minutes ago, SheepBroadcast said:

Well, we've been playing this game since 2 patches ago, and we've never had this happen even once in the main branch. This is the first time it's happened, and we tried to do it multiple times. Both me joining my friend, and my friend joining me. And I don't mean something like crash after a while, it literally crashes the moment either one of us accepts the Steam invite. Any idea how we can "fix" this, so we can try and help with the bug testing as well?

Either coincidence or a random bug caused through certain circumstances! It will be noted, but this thread isn't for troubleshooting anyway, just for bug reports regarding the experimental, where such bugs are expected to happen.
(Please only post additional bug reports from this point on).

Minor issue - So I started on the experimental build on the night of February 9th. I just loaded my save, and there are the seams in the world in places they weren't before I ended my last game. (Not certain if this is experimental only)

Other problem - When I join the game origionally my framerate is fine(60). When I load the world a second time I get a massive frame drop. (Average 20-25) When a friend joins my framerate won't even pass 6. 

Graphics card - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 

Processor - AMD FX-8320

RAM - 16GB

PC - Windows 10 - Steam - Mouse and keyboard

The Large Wind Vanes are not working.  When approached a humming noise can be heard coming from them, but not the normal clatter-clatter.  They don't rotate ever and never produce power.

They are still working as intended in the Main game.

Is there a solid list of known bugs organized in a single thread? Im fairly new to astroneer and dont want to repost known bugs, but having played the experimental build, I have come across a few, so forgive me if they are known. 

There are numerous cracks around that leading to floating under the ground as well as if you happen to be "swimming" under and you find a cave, plummeting to your death is common.

http://plays.tv/video/589e465271b234beb6/astroneer-hole-in-the-earth-bug

Again i apologize if this is already known

steam 
windows 10
gtx 1070 msi
i7 4790k
16 gb ram

i can get into the new art of smelter 

Screenshot_49.png

I was driving a rover on the moon, lost control and was ejected from the chair. Rover was on its side with research attached. approached the rover and hit tab to right it. Rover jumped into the air and was vibrating quite vigorously. When rover settled, attempted to board it again by hitting tab - game crashed. 

Minor Issue here while using my KVM which switch's between PC's I lose sound in the game and unable to recover sound until i restart game.