Tenabrae's Module Ideas List

tenabrae

These are things I either keep wanting, or just think would be cool/useful.

BASES

landing platform (must have cool landing lights) - dedicated landing platform for flying things so they don't take up a construction bay.

mining drone - requires power and fuel - set a mining beacon (a craftable) and the mining drone will mine any resource within <x> of the beacon, bringing back a few at a time and placing them in whatever storage is available (so a slow steady mining process requiring resources and time rather than player intervention)

VEHICLE

spotlight rig - like crane, takes up a large mount pair and can be rotated freely by the operator. Wide long light cone to illuminate mining operations underground.

tug module - improve the pulling power of a vehicle, takes up two large mount pairs and allows the vehicle to either pull a single truck trailer easily, or two at a lesser speed. (adjust for balance)

vehicle type/replacement - give the rover big wheels ! make it faster / more agile than the truck

UTILITY (backpack/placeable)

light - lamp post that can be placed like a beacon (i.e. won't blow away in a storm). Must be placed in tether range to get power.

navigation module - adds a compass to the HUD (even in a vehicle) AND an arrow pointing to the nearest base. Possibly toggle to allow nearest base/beacon/vehicle/tether. Minimap ?

jetpack module - cuts or improves safe falling distance and allows say triple jump height per module (plus safe landing from that height) OR a hold down jump button jet boost, more power/duration per module.

grapple module - I think we all know what a grapple gun does in video games

bio-filter - reduces/removes gas damage

stim pack - adds health / acts as a buffer vs damage and recharges when tethered or with oxy AND power

CHANGES

make beacons adjustable/nameable - for simplicity/console friendliness perhaps just allow them to be clicked on the ground to change colour ?

I like all of these ideas!

Though, Stim pack should probably be renamed to Health Pack. For fallout reasons.

Also, the mining drone. I'm unsure how I feel about that. The devs have mentioned something some about "Automation Sandbox", I would assume that does involve some form of automated resource gathering. Maybe in the form of a drone, who knows...

Yeah it's hard to make suggestions in a vacuum since we don't know what the devs have solidly planned and what is just ideas at the moment. I've tried to keep my suggestions to mostly things that would be useful right now with the featureset we have.

I think some of the automation they are planning includes those renewable resource 'nodes' you find dotted around the landscape. Planting an extractor in one of those slots to slowly suck up the resources as they are renewed, until it's energy is full. You could even place batteries in its storage slots in the case of an energy resource node :D