WTF is all TITLE?


rockybear
 Share

Recommended Posts

I do not know if my computer is strange now or if the official forum was attacked. I have a lot of Korean. Is it my problem?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What are the languages you see here? Does my forum look strange?

Edited by Wyvyrias
Merged thread
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just another spambot. It has been removed and the captcha has been replaced with a new one.

Edit: Another one just appeared. I guess the captcha still not works or someone is bypassing it by hand.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I assume either Redz hate's astroneer.. or someone is impersonating to try to steer public opinion of russians against them.    The latter is usually true.  Like statements in Wow.. the Chinese are all gold sellers.. in fact, they were mostly European or Americans, using Chinese names.

Spammers are just people who want attention.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Martin said:

I assume either Redz hate's astroneer.. or someone is impersonating to try to steer public opinion of russians against them.    The latter is usually true.  Like statements in Wow.. the Chinese are all gold sellers.. in fact, they were mostly European or Americans, using Chinese names.

Spammers are just people who want attention.

Well, it doesn't really matter who or what they are anyway. They just get removed and that's it. Nothing that you users need to be concerned about (we're glad that you are, though). If a spammer has been spotted, report one of the spammer's posts and a moderator will take care of it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

All they have to do is just join this forum then they can spam all they want to. Heck, they can post in every single thread made (most threads more than once). I don't know why they just don't adopt what is done here already

Remember: Spammers are people that need attention

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

All they have to do is just join this forum then they can spam all they want to. Heck, they can post in every single thread made (most threads more than once). I don't know why they just don't adopt what is done here already

Remember: Spammers are people that need attention

They get banned and their entire content removed at the click of one button, so that's usually all the attention they get (when I am around). Granted, the spammers we had here were all actually spambots since they kept advertising some random (seemingly Korean) websites.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's the same on all new websites, even on steam sometimes.   Just have to hope there's admins on who can deal with it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IPB boards tend to get a lot of these. Have to adjust the signup process a little, shuffle the knowns around. Maybe add a challenge question (answer what is 4+5, etc). And yes, recaptcha2.0 is needed as well.

The only other post-signup blocks you can do, is that all new posts of new members go into moderation for approval. And only when a member has at least 1 approved post, can all their future posts go up un-moderation-queued.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

And for god's sake, please don't visit the sites advertised, 99% it's virus/spyware filled to gather info off you. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Muppethero said:

Korean penis enlargement pills are the best on the market! 

<Crying Emoji>

Edited by Lithium
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd like to comment on this, I'm the original RED ZMAN, I've been to and love Korea, but I'm not involved here. 

I denounce these spam actions on behalf of everyone with RED and Z in their names.

On another note, maybe you guys should start blocking IP address ranges. You might find that that is one of the best ways to knock some of this down. Also blocking things like email address ranges like mail.ru.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, REDZMAN said:

I'd like to comment on this, I'm the original RED ZMAN, I've been to and love Korea, but I'm not involved here. 

I denounce these spam actions on behalf of everyone with RED and Z in their names.

On another note, maybe you guys should start blocking IP address ranges. You might find that that is one of the best ways to knock some of this down. Also blocking things like email address ranges like mail.ru.

That'd be quite risky since that means blocking out legit users as well.
As for the mails, almost all bots actually used gmail.com. Blocking that is no option either (even I am using gmail).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah I didn't say to block Gmail. I blocking IP ranges can block out legitimate users but if you keep an eye on what IP ranges these are coming from it's pretty easy to narrow down  what you need to block. I've run several forms of my own with up to 30,000 members over the last 15 years. The more narrow your focus is on IP ranges the fewer people you're blocking.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Moderating is difficult you guys are doing a pretty good job of it. I haven't seen any of these but I'm also not the little Forum crawler I used to be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, REDZMAN said:

Yeah I didn't say to block Gmail. I blocking IP ranges can block out legitimate users but if you keep an eye on what IP ranges these are coming from it's pretty easy to narrow down  what you need to block. I've run several forms of my own with up to 30,000 members over the last 15 years. The more narrow your focus is on IP ranges the fewer people you're blocking.

I guess we could look into that! Collecting some data, then banning the appropriate ranges. Through we've got some pretty good ideas already, they just have to be integrated. I won't say too much, though. Otherwise the spammers may figure it out. :P

4 minutes ago, REDZMAN said:

Moderating is difficult you guys are doing a pretty good job of it. I haven't seen any of these but I'm also not the little Forum crawler I used to be.

The community being awesome helps a lot with the moderating, too!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 08.02.2017 at 1:53 PM, Martin said:

I assume either Redz hate's astroneer.. or someone is impersonating to try to steer public opinion of russians against them.

Russians?? Sorry... but why?
Что сразу русские-то? ))

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, MAcroS.40k said:

Russians?? Sorry... but why?
Что сразу русские-то? ))

Lot of "hate" going around in the USA these days quite a bit aimed at russia... I don't want to bring politics into this, so I will just leave it at that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, MAcroS.40k said:

Russians?? Sorry... but why?
Что сразу русские-то? ))

:)

To me the name Redzchie looks "northern european" lets say.. now, if someone wanted to turn opinion against a particular race... it would make sence to use a name that sounds "of that race".  Western Europeans link Red to Communism.   It's in the flag.. Thus, to me, (someone who tries to read between the lines) the spam looks like it's trying to deflect hate against Russians/Koreans/Communists.  It's likely, therefore a Western European or American Bot Spammer..

Of course.. it could also be a Korean/Russian Spammer.. who has no common sence.  Or someone from anywhere else.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Muppethero said:

Korean penis enlargement pills are the best on the market! 

Not something we need here in Scotland ;)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Martin said:

Not something we need here in Scotland ;)

It's obviously meant for the Glorious and Superior Korea xD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share