Duping resources at smelter.

On Biffa's Let's Play, I spotted a duping bug. At 13:10 He is smelting aluminum ore but there is not enough space in the smelter to smelt all items. During the smelting he removed items to make space, but this delay in smelting made the aluminum ore stop processing before the whole nugget was sucked in. But the output is a full aluminum nugget. On the next smelt, the smelter is processing the rest of the aluminum ore nugget but also outputed a full aluminum nugget.

If you exploit this, you can make 3 metal, out of 2 ores. Not that bad, but still a bug.

Here is the video (just in case my explanation is too terrible):

Spoiler

Edited by Inflamedsebi

Also, I would like to add that if there isn't an available slot on the platform for the smelter to put the resource, it will just suck in the material and not put anything out. Multiple times i've put in four things and only gotten three resources back. it should at least drop the resource on the ground like when your backpack is full while using the tool. 

I tried putting a storage unit on the smelter to add more available spaces, and then smelted 5 ores.

Unfortunately this did not work either still lost the 5th ore/rescource :S would be nice if it did though

You can only do 4 at a times since there are only 4 slots.  Also often the game will leave the last one on the top bit of the smelter instead of moving it to a storage slot.

2 hours ago, DevraDare said:

You can only do 4 at a times since there are only 4 slots.  Also often the game will leave the last one on the top bit of the smelter instead of moving it to a storage slot.

yes but it just eats your resource like a broken arcade game if one of those 4 are filled up. At first i thought it was like the trading thing where you don't get the same amount back that you trade for, but nope, it just ate my copper, and I ran a marathon in the caves for it too ;(. haha