Sasheemy

Ways to delete/recycle Items, Buildings and Vehicles

I think that there should be ways to delete or recycle unwanted items, vehicles, and buildings. 

1. Why should you be able to recycle/delete the things?
    • Lowers FPS ALOT if there are a ton lying around.
    • Sometimes you place a building you don't want and would like to remove it
    • Sometimes there is no use for old vehicles and having them sit there does no good
    • Sometimes you create too many of one item (i.e. small solar panels, generators, tethers, etc.)
  2. Ways to implement Deleting/Recycling
    •  
    •  
      •  
    • Items/Resources
      • Create an Incinerator that completely destroys anything put in it
      • Create a recycler building that the player can put items into and will get some of the materials required to make it back 

1 hour ago, Sasheemy said:

Why should you be able to recycle/delete the things?

There definitely needs to be a way to delete base platforms/module things, and vehicles. 
Perhaps a way to break them down back into resin / their core resources?

As for other resources, and incinerator and / or a way to convert them to credits (Trade platform?) or some magic liquid, that could be later exchanged for better resources (or the same).

1 minute ago, Sharkie said:

There definitely needs to be a way to delete base platforms/module things, and vehicles. 
Perhaps a way to break them down back into resin / their core resources?

As for other resources, and incinerator and / or a way to convert them to credits (Trade platform?) or some magic liquid, that could be later exchanged for better resources (or the same).

I'm finishing up this thread right now, I just had some stuff and accidently posted it. Was thinking exactly what you were. Put some of the stuff you said into my main post

I think you should always be able to recycle all parts of your base (except the landing pod ofc), but there should be a Recycler for the large base parts that you can bring items and vehicles to and have it break them back down into constituent raw materials at a slight loss. This would need power like everything else.

I've noticed difficulty in using partial items.  Like 1/2 a power pod, or similar.  Overall, it needs work here along with a recycle option.  Or something, you can't even delete some things.  Very frustrating.  And "explorer" should have a lot of options available to him/her....

I think that just having some sort of tool or weapon that you could hit things with or shoot to 'scrap' them either with 100% recycle yield of the items used to make them or less than 100% doesn't matter either way it will give us a way to fix things until the bugs actually are fixed for real :D 

An example: Today I was playing 3 player coop and we ended up with 3 more inert drop pods around our main pod because of us crashing while trying to connect at certain points. I wouldn't care at all if we could simply smash them into nothingness to fix the issue without needing a bug fix to come along haha.

2 hours ago, Sasheemy said:

I think that there should be ways to delete or recycle unwanted items, vehicles, and buildings. 

1. Why should you be able to recycle/delete the things?
    • Lowers FPS ALOT if there are a ton lying around.
    • Sometimes you place a building you don't want and would like to remove it
    • Sometimes there is no use for old vehicles and having them sit there does no good
    • Sometimes you create too many of one item (i.e. small solar panels, generators, tethers, etc.)
  2. Ways to implement Deleting/Recycling
    •  
    •  
      •  
    • Items/Resources
      • Create a recycler building that the player can put items into and will get some of the materials required to make it back 

To Finish Off What I was saying:

1. Ways to implement Deleting/Recycling
    • Items/Resources
      • Recycler upgrade for backpack that allows you to put small items into it 
    • Vehicles 
      • Create a Recycler Building that has an arm for recycling vehicles and a small bucket/container to recycle small items
      • An upgrade for your tool that allows you to pull parts off of vehicles and slowly regain the resources (right click it with your tool out and it starts to collect it like you're getting resources)    
    • Buildings
      • Right click them to delete
      • Use recycle upgrade on tool to right click and recycle the building
  2. Sketches/Mock-Ups
    • (Coming soon)