25 minutes ago, bambam625 said:

did not even see that thanks

no problem, if you want to you could like this too so that the devs have a bigger shot at fixing it.

Edited by WestNomad

Trains are the #1 idea that I would like to see implemented in the game. I would've created my own suggestion if it had not already existed. For example, let's say I have two bases far apart, one for research, another for power generation, connected with extenders. Travelling by rover takes way too long (that is to say, it SHOULD take exactly that long), and taking shuttle becomes very boring after a few trips. Having a super-fast hyperloop train would solve that. Especially if one of the bases is deep under the ground, taking a rover or travelling on foot can be very exhausting. It would be nice to be able to build it in any direction, including up and down. It would also be nice to be able to build hyperloop bridges, e.g. across a big crater. We could create a pass through a mountain by attaching the drill to the front of the train, making the processing semi-automatic (e.g. requiring a button press every several feet).

I have a design in my head but I am terrible at drawing. This picture I found is close enough.

Hyperloop%20UC%20-%20Cincinnati%20Downtown-1_1458969837789_34876836_ver1.0_900_675[1].jpg

Edited by ex1c137

Moreover, I would like to have the ability to change the speed of the train while I am sitting inside. Different speeds would then consume different amount of energy, superfast train would take a rather big solar plant (>20 big solar panels) to power it, making it an end game item and one of the reasons to continue development after everything has been researched.

Travelling between bases in a hyperloop train means I get to enjoy the views, and in multiplayer I get to show off the scale of my infrastructure.

I LIKE TRAINS

but here’s my opinion i think trains would be a GOOD idea by crafting rails and every time you craft a rail you get multiple and this could be useful for quickly traveling to a far away base and can be used in automation for transporting large sums of materials back towards your base and frankly it would be fun to have (even if its a bit goofy)

5 hours ago, Rebelord said:

I LIKE TRAINS

but here’s my opinion i think trains would be a GOOD idea by crafting rails and every time you craft a rail you get multiple and this could be useful for quickly traveling to a far away base and can be used in automation for transporting large sums of materials back towards your base and frankly it would be fun to have (even if its a bit goofy)

Dude, this is epic. This may also facilitate trade between players in a future release, supporting an entire economy. Whether moving goods or people, though, how about this variation: trains or pneumatic tube pods underground, as in Elon Musk's Hyperloop? Maybe then, as Musk has said about his, there could be multiple levels of tunnels. Also, whatever form such mass transpo takes, there could then by stations where people can not only traded but meet and hangout, shops, restaurants, go-go dancers. OK, that last one may have been personal. :-0

In  another request for trains some one made a design for the train

go check it i think it’s a cool design that works with Astroneer art style (put a chair on there if you want to ride it)