I have googled storage suggestions and they only talk about larger vehicle storage. 

How bout somekind of ground storage like a pod that holds items or something with a good amount of room 

Right now im using veichle storages on the ground and they fill up so quickly only holding 8 items 

2 hours ago, ItsFaded said:

I have googled storage suggestions and they only talk about larger vehicle storage. 

How bout somekind of ground storage like a pod that holds items or something with a good amount of room 

Right now im using veichle storages on the ground and they fill up so quickly only holding 8 items 

How long have you played the game anyway, You must have missed the storage that you can make with the printer

2 hours ago, ItsFaded said:

Lithium, it looks like he's talking about the same storage panel you linked.  I think he's calling it vehicle storage by mistake, even though it can be attached to a vehicle.  Here is an idea I had a while ago for a large storage unit intended to keep your base neat and organized.  It uses the same texture model as the vehicle storage.

If one expansion node could hold a single unit the size of a vehicle storage unit, we could then attach four of the storage panels for a total of 32 slots.  It should not be an additional research item like the mobile storage unit.  Instead it would be included as an item in the default level of the vehicle bay menu (just like the 8x storage panel is with the default level printer), and it would be called Stationary Storage.

The vehicle bay would be required to print it, but as it's not meant for vehicles it would not appear in the menu when a vehicle is sitting in the vehicle bay.  When selected it would print from the ground up, just like a rover.  The attachment point for the Stationary Storage unit would be in the center, to facilitate even spacing when attached to the expansion node.  It would need to be coded so that it could not be attached to a vehicle, while also enabled to be carried by hand by an Astroneer.

KQwr82p.jpg

im doing that but not in the way your doing it im just putting them in rows like next to my base just not attached 

i just think bigger type of storage would be necessary 

2 hours ago, Pi_ said:

If one expansion node could hold a single unit the size of a vehicle storage unit, we could then attach four of the storage panels for a total of 32 slots.  It should not be an additional research item like the mobile storage unit.  Instead it would be included as an item in the default level of the vehicle bay menu (just like the 8x storage panel is with the default level printer), and it would be called Stationary Storage.

The vehicle bay would be required to print it, but as it's not meant for vehicles it would not appear in the menu when a vehicle is sitting in the vehicle bay.  When selected it would print from the ground up, just like a rover.  The attachment point for the Stationary Storage unit would be in the center, to facilitate even spacing when attached to the expansion node.  It would need to be coded so that it could not be attached to a vehicle, while also enabled to be carried by hand by an Astroneer.

If you're suggesting the creation of an increased stationary storage via the menu, I strongly disagree. The vehicle bay is created for vehicles only, and not for utilities. For utilities and other storage and energy generation items, you should go to the printer. Also, having it sitting in the vehicle bay would not be very useful. It would bug ship landings, and it wouldn't make sense if we could carry by hand an Stationary Storage, but not other related-size items hanging in the ground.

I suggest that there should be a node in the base, using alluminum (or one of the end-game minerals maybe) that should get 8 slots. In those 8 slots it should be able to put in each 8 printed storages, which would implly in 64 slots. In it, MAYBE we could insert the big storage construction with a vehicle bay-like crane to build it, but I think it would be pushing it too far in levels of storaging.

1 hour ago, Kano said:

The vehicle bay is created for vehicles only, and not for utilities. For utilities and other storage and energy generation items, you should go to the printer. Also, having it sitting in the vehicle bay would not be very useful. It would bug ship landings, and it wouldn't make sense if we could carry by hand an Stationary Storage, but not other related-size items hanging in the ground.

I understand your concerns, but I may not have explained it well enough.  I'll rephrase...

In the image above (inside the yellow box) we see a vehicle storage mounted to a bare rover body.  Now suppose we could print that vehicle storage unit just by itself.  And suppose we could attach it to the expansion nodes just like we do now with the 8 slot storage panels as in the image above (where the yellow arrows are pointing).

However it's too big to be printed by the regular printer... that's why it would need to be crafted by the vehicle bay.  Like you say, it's not useful sitting in the vehicle bay... that's why it would need to be coded so that the Astroneer could carry it by hand.  As for other size-related items, the reasoning is that while it has larger volume than other hand carried items, it's mass (weight) would be similar to a research pod.

If after crafting the Stationary Storage you did not carry it away from the vehicle bay, it would bug ship landings the same as if you crafted a rover/truck but did not drive it away from the vehicle bay.  The reason it would be coded so that it could not be attached to a vehicle, is to preserve the existing research blueprints that give you "Storage" (which is meant to be permanently attached to vehicles).

If you don't like using the existing texture model of the vehicle storage, that's fine.  The only reason I suggested that is because it already exists, which would save Adam & Paul (artists) some work.  However as I mentioned, Zabir & Jacob (engineers) would need to write some new code (sorry guys :P ). 

2 hours ago, Kano said:

If you're suggesting the creation of an increased stationary storage via the menu, I strongly disagree. The vehicle bay is created for vehicles only, and not for utilities. For utilities and other storage and energy generation items, you should go to the printer. Also, having it sitting in the vehicle bay would not be very useful. It would bug ship landings, and it wouldn't make sense if we could carry by hand an Stationary Storage, but not other related-size items hanging in the ground.

I suggest that there should be a node in the base, using alluminum (or one of the end-game minerals maybe) that should get 8 slots. In those 8 slots it should be able to put in each 8 printed storages, which would implly in 64 slots. In it, MAYBE we could insert the big storage construction with a vehicle bay-like crane to build it, but I think it would be pushing it too far in levels of storaging.

2 hours ago, Kano said:

nah i totally agree with you i just couldn't explain it right i think vehicle storage is good as it is!

22 hours ago, Pi_ said:

I understand your concerns, but I may not have explained it well enough.  I'll rephrase...

In the image above (inside the yellow box) we see a vehicle storage mounted to a bare rover body.  Now suppose we could print that vehicle storage unit just by itself.  And suppose we could attach it to the expansion nodes just like we do now with the 8 slot storage panels as in the image above (where the yellow arrows are pointing).

However it's too big to be printed by the regular printer... that's why it would need to be crafted by the vehicle bay.  Like you say, it's not useful sitting in the vehicle bay... that's why it would need to be coded so that the Astroneer could carry it by hand.  As for other size-related items, the reasoning is that while it has larger volume than other hand carried items, it's mass (weight) would be similar to a research pod.

If after crafting the Stationary Storage you did not carry it away from the vehicle bay, it would bug ship landings the same as if you crafted a rover/truck but did not drive it away from the vehicle bay.  The reason it would be coded so that it could not be attached to a vehicle, is to preserve the existing research blueprints that give you "Storage" (which is meant to be permanently attached to vehicles).

If you don't like using the existing texture model of the vehicle storage, that's fine.  The only reason I suggested that is because it already exists, which would save Adam & Paul (artists) some work.  However as I mentioned, Zabir & Jacob (engineers) would need to write some new code (sorry guys :P ). 

Oh, I think I get it. It's like building a seat in the printer, which you can remove and realocate as much as you like?

So it would be actually a good idea. But its storage should be reduced to two instead of four slots, but it could make it slightly overpowered. About the mass, I can completely agree: hence its made of compound, it would be somehow intuitive to conclude it would be lightweight, instead of many other materials. To be honest, I really don't know if the game has codes for weight system, just "carriable" and "non-carriable" items. So my complaint is kind of useless in this point.

But its name would be changed for "Stationary Storage", when there is no vehicle sitting in it, and mantained as "Storage" when a vehicle was docked in the bay. Yeah, it could work; it would encourage the "modular" feel that Astroneer gives.

Also, they should not let vehicle constructions to be permanent.

Or even more: maybe we could make a true truck with 32 slots for storaging!