Sign in to follow this  
Lady Athena

"Home" Base like building?

Was just wondering. I know it really isn't the "focus" of the game, as the focus is just building a nice industry base to get what you need, etc. but have the devs stated anything on "base building" other than just outdoor industry stuff? I feel like never having the ability to build a base for you as well would be a wasted opportunity.

Even if it isn't a necessity, and it acts more like how subnautica and No Mans Sky base building does it, where it's there if you want too, but isn't required would be nice.

There are many things that can go into this as well.

• Perimeter walls
  • Underground base possibilities
  • Free form building (similar again to subnautica with "parts" as well as pieces like in No Mans Sky.
  • Different landing pads, for different size ships.
  • "Entrance" Platform, where friends dropping into your game land.
  • Moving landing platforms. Example. Connect it to your landing pad, when a friend drops in and lands in their pod, the platform they land on moves down a track to "park" away from the base your other ships, etc.
  • Aircraft VTOL style, and landing pad for them which acts like a way to connect distant bases on the same planet together. (And just to have balls of fun with friends)
  • "Hardcore" style mode, which requires you to eat, and sleep. Optional, but I could see many liking that aspect.
  • Bunch of "home" like items, chairs, stairs, beds, wall types, light types, spotlights, beacon lights, strobe lights, pillars, etc.

9 hours ago, Lady Athena said:

Was just wondering. I know it really isn't the "focus" of the game, as the focus is just building a nice industry base to get what you need, etc. but have the devs stated anything on "base building" other than just outdoor industry stuff? I feel like never having the ability to build a base for you as well would be a wasted opportunity.

Even if it isn't a necessity, and it acts more like how subnautica and No Mans Sky base building does it, where it's there if you want too, but isn't required would be nice.

There are many things that can go into this as well.

• Perimeter walls
  • Underground base possibilities
  • Free form building (similar again to subnautica with "parts" as well as pieces like in No Mans Sky.
  • Different landing pads, for different size ships.
  • "Entrance" Platform, where friends dropping into your game land.
  • Moving landing platforms. Example. Connect it to your landing pad, when a friend drops in and lands in their pod, the platform they land on moves down a track to "park" away from the base your other ships, etc.
  • Aircraft VTOL style, and landing pad for them which acts like a way to connect distant bases on the same planet together. (And just to have balls of fun with friends)
  • "Hardcore" style mode, which requires you to eat, and sleep. Optional, but I could see many liking that aspect.
  • Bunch of "home" like items, chairs, stairs, beds, wall types, light types, spotlights, beacon lights, strobe lights, pillars, etc.

Agreed, good ideas. two things on that.

1st: pls make shure u post that in the suggestion area of the forum to make shure the devs will read it.

2nd: here is the roadmap of the dev-team. u can see what is actually planed and when they are on it to implement.

http://blog.astroneer.space/p/roadmap/

best regards to my fellow Astroneers

I must say I do really want to make my base MINE. Some more customization... colors and others would be nice! =)

I don't see a way to edit my post so >< I did put this into the suggestions area here. So responses should probably start being made there, so the devs take notice ^.^