Truck needs a buff

koondad

I think the truck could use a bit more torque,

I was hauling a caravan of three vehicles, (driving truck with solar panel/battery, rover with inventory attachment, rover with drill/winch)

and the thing just couldn't move very fast, and would get stuck on pebbles all the time

I made it maybe 1000 yards and had enough, had to detach my caravan and just drive home,

Although when i went to retrieve my two rovers a bit later, as soon as I reached their beacons they just sorta dissapeared?

I lost all the inventory on it and a drill

If the truck could just haul ass then the journey would have been a lot more enjoyable rather than a stressful trudge.

The trucks could indeed get an upgrade, especially the driving across the surface. 

It kinda frustrates me that it gets stuck pretty easy on small pebbles and rocks.

Apart from the rover it seems that it just has more storage space and battery life.

Edited by Frenzygator

1. The challenge of pulling a rover or two with the truck presents you with an opportunity. If you know where you're going and you take the time to build a "road" (flatten the terrain, get rid of rocks, etc) then it works pretty well. It still doesn't stop worth a darn, but it doesn't flip around idiotically.

2. Despite the fun to be had in building roads, I agree with the idea. Maybe a gearbox, allowing you to change how the truck operates depending on your needs. I mean, without anything in tow it does seem to work fine.

2 minutes ago, Little Buddy said:

The truck has power, the wheels are spinning very fast. It's the lack of traction it seems

Whatever, it should move non-the-less.

Increased weight = Decreased speed. If you want speed use less  vehicles or just use a rover on its own :) 

I agree, the truck could indeed use a buff.

The rover feels fine, it's speedy, and it doesn't pull as well. But it still can.

The truck however, feels the same as the rover, and that doesn't quite feel right. I'd expect it to be a bit heavier and slower. But much more of a power beast. Able to climb mountains, or pull several rovers/trucks with relative ease.

The rover should haul ass, while the truck should literally haul that ass. B|

Maybe have it balanced out so that each in-atmosphere vehicle can easily haul another one of it's same type. A rover can pull another rover, but a third rover in the chain would make it sluggish. Likewise with a truck hauling two more trucks it would be sluggish, so hauling just one truck behind it would be it's maximum without slowing down too much, but you could have a truck pulling another truck and then a rover at the end without it adding too much more strain :D Of course, eventually having and even BIGGER vehicle would be amazing :) 

There seems to be more to this bug than i thought.

I made a simple truck + rover w/ storage caravan but while looking at the rover while going straight on a flat road i created, it tends to accelerate INTO the truck, causing them to bump into each other and then by newtons third law, the rover wants to move in the opposite direction of the truck, slowing it down.

I think the problem lies in how the two are tethered. The tethering mechanism acts like a piece of string and does not keep the rover stable while driving.

I think by limiting the amount that the cables can twist and contract should keep the rover upright and not acting like an anchor with wheels

Edited by koondad