So I collected all of the research items and made a trophy case :)

Isotonic

Well, sort of... 

The more I tried to fix it, the more I messed it up. The problem was that the smoothing tool makes skinny walls and I couldn't get a wide enough surface to sit them on. 2 of the items have since disappeared so this is as good as it gets for now :)

I stored them in a cave while I was collecting so they'd stay put!

Mild spolier below if you haven't seen all of the items yet.

image.png

image-2.png

image-3.png

image-4.png

image-5.png

Edited by Isotonic

The one second from right, I think there's 2 versions of that one, one with 1 connector one with 2. (first screenshot)

Edited by Martin

On the first pic, the grey pebbled one with the blue stripe (far left), I found a black one with a red stripe on Arid. Very rare, only saw two on that map and have not seen any since then. That would make an even 20 research objects.

Edited by Truthseerguy
error correction

Congrats! Have found them all, last 2 or 3 of them was empty, because there is less updates than the items to research ))

No Zebra though ))

Edited by MAcroS.40k

5 hours ago, Truthseerguy said:

On the first pic, the grey pebbled one with the blue stripe (far left), I found a black one with a red stripe on Arid. Very rare, only saw two on that map and have not seen any since then. That would make an even 20 research objects.

OK thanks. The frame rate is too chunky right now but I'll keep looking once the performance patch comes out. I was going by the wiki which has these 19.

Edited by Isotonic

I found three others. I don't know why I'm finding them today and not yesterday. One looked like a 1/4 keg as most of it was missing. It was the top of a plant a never saw before. Another was green with orange and red chunks in it but the red ones were pulsating. The purple one I just found has light purple rings on it. 

Here's one you don't have ;)

55FC832891FF9330DCA19CA5FD1F13DEAD5F3909

In experimental 123, there's at least another 6-8 or so brand new ones as well. 

Spoiler

82B5B3BE565E9115F07C325B0E28BC106B7F01BC

Edited by Martin

I think if you make some storage from the 3D printer and stick the nodes on, it's much more easy to organize and display everything.

Aye, you could make a raised, flat plateau... then cut at even spaces through it horizontally, along the X and Y axis.. which would produce a series of pillers.   Then place a unique on each one.. of course, would be a pig of a job to do.. esp if you messed the spacing up.