In Astroneer when you are flipping through camera perspectives i think there should also be a first person mode. Give people the feeling that they are there, they they are the astroneer. Maybe automatically zoom out when in shuttle or spaceship. I think first person using the vacuum would be awesome.

5 hours ago, derpsters44 said:

i think being in first person would be great because carrying stuff through caves with the current camera angle is a nightmare.

annnnnnnndddddddd iiiiiiiiiiiiiii.... dropped my stuff down a hole

22 hours ago, Devin Frank said:

In Astroneer when you are flipping through camera perspectives i think there should also be a first person mode. Give people the feeling that they are there, they they are the astroneer. Maybe automatically zoom out when in shuttle or spaceship. I think first person using the vacuum would be awesome.

I know there is a first person mode you can enable while stationary and using the terrain tool, but I don't recall what button does it...Left trigger?  I haven't checked to see if there is an equivalent feature on the PC yet.

On 02/02/2017 at 2:09 AM, Devin Frank said:

i like it a lot but dont u think the drag and drop mechanic would be a bit of a trouble to be

On 2/2/2017 at 6:11 PM, hodgsth said:

I know there is a first person mode you can enable while stationary and using the terrain tool, but I don't recall what button does it...Left trigger?  I haven't checked to see if there is an equivalent feature on the PC yet.

on xbox you push down on right joystick. left joystick to sprint

On 02/02/2017 at 0:09 PM, Devin Frank said:

There is a first person mode when mining, I don't know how to do it on PC but on XB1 press LT while in mining mode. I would assume it is right click on PC but I'm not sure ? 

Holding down left trigger does do a first-person view (confirmed on PC with controller). Holding down is a little cumbersome though. Perhaps it should toggle instead. I feel the same way about sprinting. I am lazy :)

Edited by S Dole Melipone
Platform mentioned