Sharkchase

Anyone else absolutely love the car physics/controls

No, I think they're awful. I'll be very surprised if they don't change them or at least add conventional vehicle controls as an option. 

Easy to move around once you figure it out, but too hard to control with any precision ....sliding, bouncing, spinning, kinda like Mr. Toads wild ride......I would like to a see a hovercraft type truck....

I LOVE the system. Don't understand where all the hate is from.

And besides, any problems you have with the physics while driving a vehicle in-game will surely disappear as the development of the game continues.

Yeh there's no doubt that vehicles are a little light, adding trailers helps with this, but then you get the issue with sliding around, as towed trucks/rovers dont have brakes.. they just freewheel down slopes.

I'd like to see, at some future point, a kind of supported drive function, where driving the front vehicle, causes all the towed vehicles to power forwards at least enough to stop the train coming to a halt on slight inclines.   Too much power would probably cause a worse issue, trailers trying to overtake you etc.

But the design of the driving, I really like, nothing like steering around rocks and those little pillers in caves or that last moment realisation you're right next to a 200m drop.

well, no comment since I lost my truck with my crane trailer. I jump out of my crane  and the truck train  suddenly launched into orbit!

9 hours ago, hobieone said:

well, no comment since I lost my truck with my crane trailer. I jump out of my crane  and the truck train  suddenly launched into orbit!

thats vehicle physics not how it drives,  were you in coop or sp?

16 hours ago, Joncon said:

No, I think they're awful. I'll be very surprised if they don't change them or at least add conventional vehicle controls as an option. 

Why are they awful? The controls are easy to use and simple

5 hours ago, Sharkchase said:

Why are they awful? The controls are easy to use and simple

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they're difficult, they just feel a bit "fuzzy". Virtually every game I've played where driving is involved uses the same tried and tested controls - forward to accelerate, back to decelerate/reverse and left/right to turn the wheels. The vehicle physics don't help either as they seem to slide around on the ground. It just doesn't "feel" like driving a vehicle to me, more like walking as a truck ...

23 hours ago, The Underminer said:

Easy to move around once you figure it out, but too hard to control with any precision ....sliding, bouncing, spinning, kinda like Mr. Toads wild ride......I would like to a see a hovercraft type truck....

Yep, even if it took hydazine, I would be happy with a hover vehicle.  I could then find a legitimate use for the fuel condensers.

I wa sin single player at the time my truck train with the crane  jumped into orbit after leaving  the crane. also had the same thing happen in multiplayer as well. I noticed most all the known bugs seem to take place in both modes.

They explained publicly (here I guess) that it's not intended to be this way.

They haven't had the time to correct it, but in the end, vehicles will behave like we're used to (ie movement keys relative to the vehicle, and not the screen)

I can live with the vehicle physics, it's the controls that need changing... or like Joncon said, at least add conventional vehicle controls as an option.

People like to pan the camera around while they're driving, without it causing the vehicle to change direction.  Also it's a practical matter for when you need precise maneuvering, like to get out of a tight spot when your vehicle is on the verge of falling off a cliff or into a deep cave/crevasse.

I love the current controls. 

It simulates the gravity well and really feels like it's different than the current way we feel on Earth. 

Agree with Fargo above. 

Though I didn't think of it as simulated driving. Cool idea. Thought of it more like another way of driving. As I feel about this game. Another way of playing a game. 

.... a bit out of the box.. wayish.. 

I wouldn't mind the controls if there was a way to go into first person view. Half the time my camera is clipped inside the load or the crane or whatever I just passed..it's become a game of Aim at what you are heading to and pray..