Issac

Nintendo Switch Version? Any current plans?

11 posts in this topic

I was just wondering, as the title suggests. Is there any future plans to port Astroneer to the Nintendo Switch? Personally, I think it'd be a great way to get more consumers and more coverage. Not to mention, the graphics of Astroneer seem like they would be right at home on a Nintendo platform.

2 hours ago, Frigidman said:

People actually buy those things?

Actually yea. They are sold out just like the NES classic. Would be cool to take the game on the go, wonder if the switch could even handle it.

Edited by Matthew Ruffino

13 hours ago, Matthew Ruffino said:

Actually yea. They are sold out just like the NES classic. Would be cool to take the game on the go, wonder if the switch could even handle it.

I would imagine the system specs should, in theory, support the content. I mean, the game only seems demanding right now due to bugs. I could see if the graphics were toned down a bit, but not to a point like Skyrim had to be trimmed and dimmed.

15 hours ago, Frigidman said:

I know, it's hard to believe. This time around, people actually seem to have hope. Despite the fact that the Switch is only, currently, set to launch with 10 whole games. Ironically that's less than the Wii U had.

Posted (edited)

Fellows!

My son have a Switch and  I would like to see Astroneer on the Switch, that would be great !!!!

Look, Lego is placing Lego Worlds on the Switch and trust me, that game is beefier and buggier than anything else.

Edited by Luis Vitorio Cargnini

They will most likely add more ways to play the game when its fully developed. Hopefully.

On 2/2/2017 at 4:30 AM, Frigidman said:

"The console is estimated to have shipped over 2.4 million units in the first month of its launch" - Wikipedia (just this once)

so yes people actually buy that thing. but i reckon astroneer would actually go miles on the Nintendo switch. i could be very profitable to put astroneer on the switch.

Like most other people said the system era team will worry about that after full release.

On 2017-4-25 at 2:13 AM, Skully said:

"The console is estimated to have shipped over 2.4 million units in the first month of its launch" - Wikipedia (just this once)

so yes people actually buy that thing. but i reckon astroneer would actually go miles on the Nintendo switch. i could be very profitable to put astroneer on the switch.

The switch itself is sold alot but not everyone who wants one has one [noshit yeah] but thats not because it's expensive, it doesnt have many games released worth the 350,-. Astroneer isn't that well known aswell. Rocket League is going on the switch because it has next gen crossplatform compability. You need to think about the fact that nintendo also has 0 crossplatform games with other consoles. 

Nintendo has some very weird regulations on what games can be played on their consoles, and pretty strict rules about the game format and type, as well as glitchy-ness. I doubt that we will see Astroneer on the switch anytime soon.