Truck should knock over stalagmites

I think the stalagmites in the cave are just annoying, trying to get a truck down a cave becomes tedious. I think if the stalagmites fell over when hit by the truck instead of having to dig under them, the process of caving would be much less tedious. Maybe an item like the cattle guards on old trains could be researched and crafted to make this effect happen.

vintage-train-equipped-with-cow-catcher.jpg

I support this, I hate having to either use the rover to navigate caves or to dig out the walls to get a truck through. On one of the planets, the small stalk like plants were also impossible to drive through. A vehicle with such high ground clearance should be able to get through that fine.

55 minutes ago, Coltrain said:

I think the stalagmites in the cave are just annoying, trying to get a truck down a cave becomes tedious. I think if the stalagmites fell over when hit by the truck instead of having to dig under them, the process of caving would be much less tedious. Maybe an item like the cattle guards on old trains could be researched and crafted to make this effect happen.

vintage-train-equipped-with-cow-catcher.jpg

I haven't actually driven any vehicle (deliberately) down into a cave, because of this very reason. I always park it near the enterance and then use tethers connected to the vehicle to explore. If there WAS some kind of cattle guard (or maybe just the Drill Head when activated) that could deal with these, it would encourage players to take their vehicles underground.

4 hours ago, Ghostwolf93 said:

If there WAS some kind of cattle guard (or maybe just the Drill Head when activated) that could deal with these, it would encourage players to take their vehicles underground.

+1 for this. The drill head does help to make room by taking out part of the walls in caves, but having it take out stalagmites, spikers and the farting things would be really helpful.