Hey guys,

Has there been any news on a fix or a fixing patch on the fps problem everyone has?
I just bought the game and enjoy it a lot except for the framerate part.
I have literally tried every fix out there (NOSOUND, engine file in appdata) but none of them seem to work.
Hardware is not a problem though, I'm running on a i5 4690k and a GTX 1070.
I am reading some discussions about it dating back from december last year so this is a problem for some time now apparently.

So are they planning on fixing it in the near future or do we have to wait for it after a beta release or...?
I love this game a lot but this is kinda bugging me, still an amazing job guys!!

(sorry for possible bad english, belgian over here)

3 hours ago, Basic456 said:

So are they planning on fixing it in the near future or do we have to wait for it after a beta release or...?

Without dragging it out, yes, they plan on fixing the major FPS issues asap! Obviously you cannot expect a 100% smooth gameplay until the beta/final version, but what everyone currently experiences is part of some nasty bugs that are being addressed!

if you watched the latest developer stream they addressed that issue and explained what is causing it. it on youtube and very interesting and informative. gives you glimpse of what hey have to do to fix some of these issues.

13 hours ago, Basic456 said:

Hey guys,

This ->

helped me a lot! Now I don't have huge fps drops and overall performance is just great

and if I feel that it starts lagging a bit after several hours of extensive playing - just Alt-Tab to desktop and then back cures it!

2 hours ago, eagroke said:

helped me a lot! Now I don't have huge fps drops and overall performance is just great

and if I feel that it starts lagging a bit after several hours of extensive playing - just Alt-Tab to desktop and then back cures it!

I may mistake somewhere, but the true full screen mod (FullscreenMode = 0) only alters the priority of the other OS processes (not all). Which makes Astroneer be on the top and utilize more hardware resources. 

Nevertheles it can't solve the problem of FPS degradation over time, over the progress we make exploring environment, mining ores, collecting resources, building bases. This issue faced  by almost every player.

7 hours ago, hobieone said:

if you watched the latest developer stream they addressed that issue and explained what is causing it.

So I'm waiting the next patch with great impatience :)

P.S.: sorry for my English            

It is an issue after awhile, but just reload the game, fixes it for awhile.  Annoying in coop, but there's not much you can do for now.