Marbles Marbles Marbles!

If you guys' have been playing Astroneer for a while now you guys know about that Zebra-print marble,

I have a feeling these marbles will be the end game for multiplayer, having the most exotic looking marble, collecting multiple different marbles

trading marbles like CSGO Knives on Steam market for $$$$$$

MARBLES!

they are super simple to make and they could theoretically pump out thousands of different ones very easily by just retexturing them

what do you guys think about these Marbles?

Edited by koondad

I've never seen these marbles? Any specific way of obtaining them? :D 

Also, i think it's highly unlikely they will be worth a considerable amount IRL such as CS:GO knives and skins, as they literally carry their own economy.

Regardless I enjoy the notion of super rare items to be found inside of planets

hopefully the dev team has a sense of humor to sneak in some funny easter eggs/homages as well, like maybe the ruins of a space craft of a popular series?

• 1 month later...

I ended up finding a polka dot one and a zebra one in the same cave. At the moment I just have them attached to the base next to my dynamite storage until I can figure out a purpose for them. 

Astroneer - Marble Madness.png

The Zebra Balls and Checkered Flag Balls (and apparently now Polka Dot Balls) are dev tools that were left in the game.  Used for testing physics & graphics.  Usually found in lower level caves.  Currently they have no value or purpose other than collectable easter eggs.

10 hours ago, Pi_ said:

The Zebra Balls and Checkered Flag Balls (and apparently now Polka Dot Balls) are dev tools that were left in the game.  Used for testing physics & graphics.  Usually found in lower level caves.  Currently they have no value or purpose other than collectable easter eggs.

You can find them in the hillier parts of arid as well.

9 hours ago, travin said:

I've lost all my marbles. 

We know. :)

Ironic that since there have been more types of ball introduced, I haven't found even one on my current save. Won't stop me trying to collect enough for a giant game of pool that I want to play. Now that there are at least 3 different types, it can be done, just needs some patience to terraform out a pool table and find enough balls.

1 hour ago, time_trial said:

Ironic that since there have been more types of ball introduced, I haven't found even one on my current save. Won't stop me trying to collect enough for a giant game of pool that I want to play. Now that there are at least 3 different types, it can be done, just needs some patience to terraform out a pool table and find enough balls.

That would be cool to see, I hope you get it done.  I call first game... rack'em up! 

7 hours ago, time_trial said:

Ironic that since there have been more types of ball introduced, I haven't found even one on my current save. 

Clearly this game needs more balls.

Amazing!

I have played a lot of Astroneer and I've not seen one of these yet!  I do like exploration games and finding curiosities like these!

Thanks!

@Tursonaki

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/17/2016 at 9:03 PM, PixiePunchPie said:

I found mine in a cave. My boyfriend found his on a foreign planet on the surface. I think they're random. I wish I could find more of them then go bowling or something with them!

Actually, playing pinball with rovers and soccer/bowling with trucks is really fun! plus, rube goldberg machines are in the future!

They should include it marble supply box, and in order to open the box, player will need to purchase a $5 key

You can have something UBER RARE

StatTrak Crimson Fade Zebra Marble (Factory New) : $1440

The StatTrak will give a real tile accumulation for everytime your rover got flipped over by a boulder

I like how they emit a slight glow, makes them a bit easier to spot in those dark caves! :)

i have found 2 or 3 now, each in different games, one in 119, one in latest patch. Both were pretty far below in the "putty green" caves where the Spikers like to hang out (terrain color will of course vary somewhat with depth, but those low caves seem often to be that putty green at least IMHO, and I'm speaking of the caves randomly/procedurally generated not ones dug these should exist in the caves that already exist). I've only found the zebra striped not the other two kind, but I'm a patient sort and can't wait to find them too. I tend to leave them where they are, and my FPS can dip quite a bit on Xbox as it is esp by the time I'm off exploring the deeper realms and when I try to move these special objects it seems my camera is a bit more prone to freeze up just a sec. Makes me a bit nervous as occ I do have crashes. I mostly play on Terran so can't speak to finding these on other worlds.

Just visited the moon (Barren) for the first time. It's definitely not made of cheese ;) It seems to be made of cupcakes! (my nickname for those weird, idk if they're flora or what, that are slightly narrower at the base and fluffier at the top but look like a resin structure and have a research item on top; in clusters standing together or in a line from a distance the research items look like someone put cherries atop the cupcakes. They are a bit too tall to look like cupcakes come to think of it, so perhaps I could say they look more like tall milkshakes overflowing with whipped cream and cherries or other toppings placed on top. :P I like to hear what other people nickname items in the game as well!

On 12/17/2016 at 5:47 PM, koondad said:

If you guys' have been playing Astroneer for a while now you guys know about that Zebra-print marble,

I have a feeling these marbles will be the end game for multiplayer, having the most exotic looking marble, collecting multiple different marbles

trading marbles like CSGO Knives on Steam market for $$$$$$

MARBLES!

they are super simple to make and they could theoretically pump out thousands of different ones very easily by just retexturing them

what do you guys think about these Marbles?

no offense but who would buy a marble for money? Maybe Really rare skins for suits or something but idk about that