Lithium

Most Frequent Suggestion + Confirmed Features

Wyvyrias

This thread is no longer being maintained and will eventually be replaced by a new one. The majority of the information is still relevant, though.

Message added by Wyvyrias

Recommended Posts

Astroneer is a strictly gun free zone? No guns? Not even just a little one? Ever? So no vehicle and or base mounted cannon modules or automated turret modules to combat space pirates assaults on my base or gigantic underground worms protecting rare alien ruins and artifacts either then...? What about a flame thrower or even just a pesticide sprayer for the hostile plants? Digging them up by the roots from a distance is kinda fun, but let me shoot em'. No? Meh, I'll get over it I guess. :)  It's an awesome game already and I can't wait to see where it goes. I have a bunch of ideas that aren't particularly original in "that" they will be implemented as I can see them on the roadmap. But some of the specifics of "how" they will be implemented aren't as easy to come by. Such as food and water will be added, but will we have to build a food processor/water purifier to convert organic and naturally found water for consumption? Can we mass produce consumable food and water for trade with a base module? Will both require canisters for the final product? You get my point. No need to answer these questions here, but is there a more detailed plan available to read that has these specifics on already existing ideas, and if so, can you post a link? If not, is it taboo to discuss the nitty gritty of already planned/proposed ideas in new threads? Just don't want to create unnecessary threads, or necro ancient ones, but still want to talk about it I guess. Even if nothing was added beyond this point, I usually view games in a "fun had vs. price paid" aspect, and in that regard, I've already got enough return on my investment to be satisfied. Bugs and all. I'm pretty forgiving. I'm also incredibly excited for the future of this game. Keep up the good work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Aevirok said:

Astroneer is a strictly gun free zone? No guns? Not even just a little one? Ever? So no vehicle and or base mounted cannon modules or automated turret modules to combat space pirates assaults on my base or gigantic underground worms protecting rare alien ruins and artifacts either then...? What about a flame thrower or even just a pesticide sprayer for the hostile plants? Digging them up by the roots from a distance is kinda fun, but let me shoot em'. No? Meh, I'll get over it I guess. :)  It's an awesome game already and I can't wait to see where it goes. I have a bunch of ideas that aren't particularly original in "that" they will be implemented as I can see them on the roadmap. But some of the specifics of "how" they will be implemented aren't as easy to come by. Such as food and water will be added, but will we have to build a food processor/water purifier to convert organic and naturally found water for consumption? Can we mass produce consumable food and water for trade with a base module? Will both require canisters for the final product? You get my point. No need to answer these questions here, but is there a more detailed plan available to read that has these specifics on already existing ideas, and if so, can you post a link? If not, is it taboo to discuss the nitty gritty of already planned/proposed ideas in new threads? Just don't want to create unnecessary threads, or necro ancient ones, but still want to talk about it I guess. Even if nothing was added beyond this point, I usually view games in a "fun had vs. price paid" aspect, and in that regard, I've already got enough return on my investment to be satisfied. Bugs and all. I'm pretty forgiving. I'm also incredibly excited for the future of this game. Keep up the good work!

You're free to make threads to discuss planned features.

Also see: https://trello.com/b/UoZgKrd3/astroneer-development-roadmap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Lithium I would rather see the space station optional for making it out of wrecked parts, but more a large or several objects you send into space. I can agree that this game needs more vehicles but can you explain "hovercraft"? because I would rather see some kind  of flying vehicle like a jet, helicopter, or plane, than a rover without wheels. I understand the jetpack concept but normally someone might want to carry a lot of resources, and we might want some aquatic or submersible vehicles too if we're going to have ocean planets. I think this game has a lot of potential and I'm glad that I caught this game early on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just curiously asking, I assume it has been mentioned but just in case it hasn't been thrown out there. The idea of adding some sort of clock. Especially with the last update bringing this research, it would be really nice to know how much time I have between sun up and sun down.

Just joined the forum, apologies if already mentioned 8 million times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been preparing a lot of ideas to post during the last week, but seems like 95% of them are already covered here. I thought I was original. Goddamnit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎06‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 9:07 AM, AceBananaHands said:

Just curiously asking, I assume it has been mentioned but just in case it hasn't been thrown out there. The idea of adding some sort of clock. Especially with the last update bringing this research, it would be really nice to know how much time I have between sun up and sun down.

Just joined the forum, apologies if already mentioned 8 million times.

A clock sounds like a nice idea when you're on Terran but it would go a bit wonky on Barren (the moon) as that spins much faster.  And if you take it to the northern polar region of exotic it would be redundant as the sun never sets (unlimited solar energy :D) it just spins around the horizon.

The only "clock" I'd like is how many astroneers I've killed on this save.  Give them progressive names, the first one's Adam, the second's Bridget, the third Charlie, etc.  I'm keen to know how careless I've been with these little explorers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2018 at 5:56 PM, Illmad said:

I've been preparing a lot of ideas to post during the last week, but seems like 95% of them are already covered here. I thought I was original. Goddamnit.

You checked before posting. You are a good astroneer and you still get a cookie.  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Eoghan said:

You checked before posting. You are a good astroneer and you still get a cookie.  ;)

Is it gluten-free? (heh, thanks though!^_^)

Anyway, Usually when my mind enters thinky-think mode, I get a clusterfu...bunch of ideas. I might post a compilation of ideas revolving mainly around a certain aspect of the game, and include some ideas that are marked as red. Maybe just because they feel essential in the context of the other ideas, and because I think that maybe, just maybe my version of the idea has a unique twist that makes it worth to read.

Would that be okay, or should I generally remove all ideas within the red-zone even though the main focus is on other less explored ideas?

Edited by Illmad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a moderator but my guess is that a post that is 90% "red"/10% new ideas is far more likely to be locked than a post that is 90% new/10% "recycled".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Eoghan said:

Not a moderator but my guess is that a post that is 90% "red"/10% new ideas is far more likely to be locked than a post that is 90% new/10% "recycled".

I'll keep that in mind, thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the release of Xbox One X, i think splitscreen could be an option now, i really would enjoy play this with my girlfriend on the same X1X

Edited by Jonas Dametto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

now we have researching devices and modules and stuff that works on our base without our input... how about having a display come up every time you enter your base module that reads the current research status? would give me something to look at ehilst i'm waiting out those storms, at least...

it could also evolve in the future to include readouts from other equipment you might have built, like a weather station.

and whilst were on it, why not a weather station? anything that might provide us with a map of where the most locally dense streams of wind could be found would be useful when planning where to build a wind farm - currently i's pretty much trial and error.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just started playing this weekend, the frequency and length of storms is super-disruptive to work at the base or elsewhere top-side. Please make a force-field dome a researchable option to at least have a safe place to do work during a storm. Having to shelter and wait it out is just dull, it does not make the game more fun, it makes it less fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please do not add a mini-map!

This game is all about exploration and survival while doing so.

I feel like it would be a too easy to walk around with one.

Yes, even with the base beacon, I already managed to get lost a couple of time and could not get back, but that is part of the fun and the game!

 

On 3/12/2018 at 6:33 PM, rollover said:

Just started playing this weekend, the frequency and length of storms is super-disruptive to work at the base or elsewhere top-side. Please make a force-field dome a researchable option to at least have a safe place to do work during a storm. Having to shelter and wait it out is just dull, it does not make the game more fun, it makes it less fun.

If a dome is built around the base, you would be immune to storms but (there is a but, otherwise it is not interesting) wind turbine won’t work and solar panels would have lower performances !

 

BTW, I still don’t understand how turbines work... Panels work by day only (obviously), but turbines do not seem to better work by storm, maybe by night ? IdK...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Car power
3 options
1. A super battery pack just for the car
2. make it so the battery will not discharge as fast

3. a mod that saves or recycles power  " for example car spins a disk as you drive and puts out a small charge back into the battery to make it last longer"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/15/2018 at 2:14 PM, Adri B said:

If a dome is built around the base, you would be immune to storms but (there is a but, otherwise it is not interesting) wind turbine won’t work and solar panels would have lower performances !

Place your power generating items on the top of your dome, thats what I do.

On 3/17/2018 at 2:31 AM, Demon_Child84 said:

3. a mod that saves or recycles power  " for example car spins a disk as you drive and puts out a small charge back into the battery to make it last longer"

Throw solar or wind turbines on your car. 

Edited by Pavlichenko

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I 'm with the idea of fleshing out the compass by adding markings for bases to it.   Personally I don't see an urgent need for a map though, nevertheless the compass is an right away feature which, I guess, could be expanded by this little function easily, heh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2018 at 5:34 AM, Forgetaboutme said:

I 'm with the idea of fleshing out the compass by adding markings for bases to it.   Personally I don't see an urgent need for a map though, nevertheless the compass is an right away feature which, I guess, could be expanded by this little function easily, heh.

maybe ab option to allow  you to toggle some of the beacons on and off and the power to lable/rename beacons once you have many of them out to make a path to find your Main base

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Demon_Child84 said:

maybe ab option to allow  you to toggle some of the beacons on and off and the power to lable/rename beacons once you have many of them out to make a path to find your Main base

We could definately do something cool like making beacons more effective (seeable from farer) if powered !

(Well, I think it's cool anyway :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might I suggest a tweak to this sticky thread regarding common ideas that continue to get "new ideas" posted regularly. Update the OP organized similar to the roadmap categories and rather than just list the general ideas summary text link the "prime/first" thread for that idea and rename that thread with a similar naming organization to the developers tracker system (Jira, Trello, etc.) such as:

RESOURCES - Mass-material Storage Container

RESOURCES - Streaming Materials System

This way people have a direct link from this thread to "THE" consolidated thread for an idea/topic and will be less likely to open a duplicate thread. This should also make it easier for the developers to pull in these ideas if moderators are updating the titles for such threads to be somewhat more standard / organized more similar to the development categories/systems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you guys make a code for transferring of seat? like crtl + 1 so we will not go down the vehicle? Thank you and keep up the good work guyssss!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clarification on the "no guns" thing:

Do you mean "no outright lethal stuff" more specifically?  Because I can think of a few guns that really aren't, and lots of things that are very violent, and not technically "guns."  Like what Subnautica did with the (mostly) non-lethal torpedoes and repulsion "cannon."

 

Like, I dunno, a "goo gun" that would be useful for making terrain that was temporarily sticky, which would be useful for both hostile fauna and fast-moving hostile mostly-airborne debris.  Goop up some hostile fauna and run away, mostly, probably.  Make a sticky patch to grab tumbleweeds and maybe some storm bricks.  Goop a small generator to the ground.

And any number of bombs and other lethal weaponry that aren't guns, but are most definitely weapons.

 

Maybe a teleport gun, that removes things to a random location (again, hostile fauna), or to a pad inside your base (goodies).

Edited by TehSmoo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now