Lithium

Most Frequent Suggestion + Confirmed Features

Wyvyrias

This thread is no longer being maintained and will eventually be replaced by a new one. The majority of the information is still relevant, though.

Message added by Wyvyrias

Well, did a massive overhaul to this post since the roadmap update, feedback would be appreciated :D

2 hours ago, DJMic said:

but how?

esc -> options, and a few other option, sorry don't remeber the menu that much, but I recall changing the controls.

just want to post here and say how much Lithium's work here is appreciated. you've done a man's job, sir!

i think the list is pretty comprehensive and (quite properly) includes a bunch of things that counteract each other. my view on how things shold improve from here on in is more of a overview than a list of stuff, but i'll try to summarise:

the devs have already stated that it is their intention to include more diversity in the game, items and worlds, and i think well placed diversity is the key to getting this game from 'cool fun timestealer' to 'awesome essential addictive'. i think the main issue at the moment is that you quickly feel like youve done everything there is to be done, seen everything there is, and found all the things you can find. i believe that more resouce types, and crafting recipies for those resouce types so that the process of creating is more involved, would vastly improve the game. i think also that the diversity of worlds and their contents is a fine start, but isnt too well organised. there should be stuff that is rare on one world but common on another. there should be worlds that can only provide you with a certain resource. improtantly, there should be mechanisms by which finding those resources is more than simply random wandering and digging. for example: ground colour (of course) can tell you something. the type of plants that grow in an area could tell you something. the shape of a rock, or of a mountain, might clue you in. the presence of a particular creature (yes, there has to be creatures at some point) might be helpful. all the signs a real pioneer might look for could be brought into play.

i think this diversity, added to a more controlled and ordered seperating out of resources, would give the players a lot more to play for and a lot more satisfaction - particularly if you follow the 'no instructions' policy of game distribution - let the gamer community figure stuff out, and then being part of a community becomes part of the game.

One must have feature for me is the ability to track the angle of the tool, and use a lock  tool mode that let's me set the angle from gravitational vertical. I love to build massive structures above and below ground. Just like in the attached picture.

Also, what about some final grand goal of the game, such as, getting an array of GPS satellites around every planet that allows you to quick travel to any point using GPS. and a rocket.

2017-09-02.jpg

2 hours ago, ReflexConnect said:

Also, what about some final grand goal of the game, such as, getting an array of GPS satellites around every planet that allows you to quick travel to any point using GPS. and a rocket.

several people in this thread have talked about some kind of 'master plan' final construct element for the game, and it's an idea i also think has legs. one or many bigger super-constructs that can be sought out, salvaged, researched or crafted, or a combination of these, would be something a player could move towards as a greater goal.

i think the game could support a sort of 'multi-style' play, with different kinds of astroneers working the planets in different ways - some could farm, for example, others could mine and smelt, yet others could salvage and repurpose stuff. the 'end item' could be specific to the gameplay style, if this were implemented.

I don't know how to explain this properly but what about adding more resign extend the length of the small platform? For example, if I wanted to add a platform far away or high up, I can add 3-6 resign onto one to extend the length of it without having some other platform in between the original spot to its end? I think this might be a good idea since this will give us a little more control how our base look.

I am so sick and tired of people not looking at this post. :|

The reason this is here is so people don't post the same exact thing over and over again. Recently, people have been suggesting the SAME thing mulitple times in a row. Look at previous posts people and comment on their posts, don't make a whole new thread. It is really annoying, and just adds to the clutter of this suggestion section. 

yes I know everyone wants split screen and yes the Rover controls need to be fixed. Everyone knows this. No need to make a new post about it. Oh yeah and YES we all want a bigger storage module and yes it has been suggested SO MANY TIMES. 

On 27.10.2017 at 7:04 PM, TayTayBerryman said:

I am so sick and tired of people not looking at this post. :|

First-time posts needing approval now might actually help with that, if the mods consider not to allow new threads for frequent suggestions...

33 minutes ago, UtopicVision said:

First-time posts needing approval now might actually help with that, if the mods consider not to allow new threads for frequent suggestions...

It's purely to sort out spam-bots. We still approve common suggestions just to "unlock" members. Assuming it's a legit post.
I'll eventually do a some mass merging again and throw similar/low-effort/common suggestions into "gathering" threads.

What if we have an idea on the implementation of an idea?

Satellites / gps has already been suggested, but my suggestion is let satellites be something you put on a shuttle. Then it could have a button a la habitat / tnt that you can trigger in space, that launches it off on it's own orbit.
Print sattelite -> place on shuttle -> take off -> hit button -> satellite in orbit.
You could even put multiple on one shuttle, and fly around the system dropping them off in multiple orbits in one trip

Edited by MCorgano

what would be wonderfull is a mass storage for items and a giant tank for soil and as well that the canistors on a rover and\or base show up on the cursor as a second ring but also cost power to use as it is sending the soil along the tether system or a seperate tether system for it

Is it just me who’s really hoping for some sort of floor you can place down, I really don’t like my base being at all different levels, could probably do a cost 4 compound makes a Slab and it stays completely flat and you can place it where ever including under stations, or just an easier mechanic to make levelling floor easier

To go along with the new excavation update may a massive soil tank where u can store a bunch of soil and this way you select exactly how many modules of a type of resource u want and then conveyor belts as well that transport soil back to this tank  they would act like tethers and have an end point where you could attach canisters and they would empty on to the belt and the soil be taken away.

On 11/23/2017 at 5:06 PM, DUBSTEP RA1D3R said:

Is it just me who’s really hoping for some sort of floor you can place down, I really don’t like my base being at all different levels, could probably do a cost 4 compound makes a Slab and it stays completely flat and you can place it where ever including under stations, or just an easier mechanic to make levelling floor easier

lol hey I need those platforms to rise up so when I build a dome over my home I can get solar and wind brought down. String enough together and you can have power and processing to the depths of the moon.

Io penso che ci sia bisogno di un menù prima di iniziare a giocare, con le scelte (a sinistra dello schermo) e il nostro personaggio personalizzato (a destra dello schermo). Inoltre in alto a destra del menù ci devono essere gli slot dove possiamo vedere i nostri amici che si sono aggiunti insieme a una sezione notifiche. Tra le scelte che compaiono nel menù ci sono:

- Gioca

- Personalizza/Casco-Corpo

- Opzioni/Schermo-Audio-Controller

- Riconoscimenti

Per quanto riguarda il gameplay, penso che ci sia da migliorare la giocabilità in coop (perchè c'è lag), e magari una storia con aggiunta di qualche forma umana (per scambio o acquisto di materiali comuni come Resina o Composto) e aliena (Neutrali) che si possono trovare in stazioni giá costruite.

Riguardo la storia, noi siamo degli astronauti che lavorano per la Terra (irraggiungibile, perchè siamo caduti in un buco nero) con lo scopo di ritrovare la strada per casa e raccogliere informazioni riguardo questi pianeti che esploriamo. Ovviamente saremo sempre in contatto via radio con un comando (stranamente) che ci aiuterá in qualsiasi ambito (per l'inizio servirebbe come voce tutorial, in seguito per fare rapporto su avvistamenti di qualsiasi genere e seguenti direttive; per esempio: trovato un oggetto sconosciuto ci dice "porta l'oggetto alla stazione di ricerca per saperne di più".) 

Vorrei fare solo una richiesta: in caso di personalizzazione vorrei un casco esclusivo giallo ocre con il vostro stemma (System Era) sopra (nero) e il mio nickname dietro (nero)

Xbox Gamertag: DanSnakey

Italy

Sorry for language.