Lithium

Most Frequent Suggestion + Confirmed Features

Wyvyrias

This thread is no longer being maintained and will eventually be replaced by a new one. The majority of the information is still relevant, though.

Message added by Wyvyrias

On 22/03/2017 at 5:15 PM, Petrataur said:

Just popped in to say this made me laugh really hard

Got a chuckle from me too. I think it's supposed to reflect the fact that some people want more survival elements whilst others feel it's enough right now. Would be an idea if you could have different difficulty settings that alter said survival mechanics. The harder the difficulty, the more survival elements you need to keep track of/be aware of.

Huge fan of the game.  I have some suggestions to help balance the game and create more interest and challenge.  Full disclosure, I did not read the list in this thread very thoroughly, just a rough glance really.  That being said, here are my suggestions.

1. To start, get rid of the trade platform. Bold statement, i know, but let me explain.  It seems harmless but trading one item for another, even if you don't get a great return, eliminates the need to mine and explore for those items.  I have built a base on all planets without the need for mining AT ALL.  All you need to pack up your spaceship with a habitat, 2 bundles of power, 3 resin, 2 aluminum, and as many lithium or titanium as you can hold.  You land, place the habitat, get a trade platform up then start trading in your lithium for other supplies you need to expand the base.  Don't feel like mining, make 4 fuel condensers to trade in fuel made from electricity for whatever other resources you need.  Electricity comes from wind power and solar, so essentially, you're getting everything for free without exploring or mining.   Ultimately, the trade platform broke the game for me and eliminated the need to explore.

2. Along the same lines as the paragraph above, don't give out high tiered items like lithium or titanium in research nodes.  Make us explore other planets or go deeper into the planets core for that, and for gods-sake, don't let us trade 8 condensed fuel for one, which we manufactured out of sunlight.  Again this sort of spoils things.  The trade platform on it's own is not that bad, but paired with the fuel condenser, it becomes a one-two punch to ruin the game and eliminate the need for exploration or mining of resources.

3. Make some of the higher tier research items like the spaceship, crane, and drill head only available in research nodes on different planets.  Right now you can do everything you need on one planet, and there is no real need to travel to other planets.  People do it just for the fun of it, but the game would have more interest for a longer period of time if the research and development tree forced them to tour the solar system.  I would take away the battery and put that on another planet too.

4. There needs to be some sort of end game research item (like a vehicle that flies within the atmosphere of the planet like an airplane or rocket ship) that you have to gather bits of research from all the planets to complete it.  These "bits" of research that are needed to finally complete the research project need to be harder to find.  Perhaps on the Terran world you can research a detection device that points you in the direction of "lost core fragments"  These could be deep underground further than you've ever dug, or it could be on the other side of the planet on a tall mountain.  You'd have to fly to different areas to triangulate the position.  Then you'd have to dig to find it, and transport it back to your base to research it.  Then you'd take the same detection device to other planets to find those lost core fragments.  Once you've found them all, you unlock the flying ship to tour around the planet in style.

5. The same idea as the paragraph above, you could have the player tour each planet to discover different plant or animal life, and have a reward for filling out a complete catalog of the plants and animals of each planet.  This forces more exploration which is why this game is so much fun.

To summarize, ultimately we just need more reasons to visit the other planets and to balance some of the items already in the game.  Give us a reason that we HAVE to set up a base on different parts of the planet or different planets in the solar system.  I know things like this take months develop, implement, and test.... and people like me talk about them like they're easy to accomplish, but just food for thought.  I love the game as is, and look forward to playing it many times over in the years to come.

I'm glad I read this first- It's amazing how many times I see a lot of these ideas out there. (P.S I totally agree with the no weapons idea, guns/blasters would completely ruin the peaceful, serene feeling of the game.) By the way, as for the trading platform removal, mentioned by Linkman81, I beg to differ, (This may or may not be due to the fact that I hate caving)  For one thing (Yes, I know you mentioned this) The collection rate is so low, that you have to do something, (Rather it be mining, or exploring, etc.) To find the necessary resources in the first place. As for the rest of the ideas listed above, I heartily agree. (As an answer to #5 on Linkmans post, perhaps, similar to the mechanics of no-mans sky, some sort of bonus could be added for each object, animal, planet, etc. that you discover)

Edited by Piercoic

Although yes, when you have both a fuel condenser, a trade platform, and a whole lot of power, it becomes extremely easy to get OP resources, like lithium or Titanium. I also agree with removing the resources in question from researchable artifacts, but not from wreckages, it gies you a good reason to want to explore them. (Plus, as mentioned earlier, I am not a fan of caving)

Would be better to just be able to destroy base extentions with half value returned. Im assuming that is what the structure removal is(with dynamite)

On 4/17/2017 at 3:45 AM, Lithium said:

Oh, yea wyvyrias haven't mentioned that one to me, although you commented about making some sort of list of suggestion, perhaps you could show me what you're working on.

That would help.

oh. uhm. i had one. i was almost done with it too xD but then i was told about this one and..

i kinda scrapped it =D...

i just kinda noticed a lot of suggestions on steam aren't on this list, even though it's been suggested a lot on steam xD

i'll try and go through them again sometime this week if you want me to. or if you'd rather do it yourself, that's ok too > ->;

29 minutes ago, fuyu said:

how do i edit my own post..? i was gonna paste my last comment: 

Posts cannot be edited 5 min after their creation.
If you wish to edit a post, let me or another (active) moderater know.

12 hours ago, fuyu said:

oh. uhm. i had one. i was almost done with it too xD but then i was told about this one and..

i kinda scrapped it =D...

i just kinda noticed a lot of suggestions on steam aren't on this list, even though it's been suggested a lot on steam xD

i'll try and go through them again sometime this week if you want me to. or if you'd rather do it yourself, that's ok too > ->;

That would really help, I rarely goes to steam forum, and I'm sure that they have a popular suggestion of their own

Can we have cute little aliens as well as ugly ones and a way we can pick them up through them or kick them, Roll them down hills and have them make noises and screams reflecting there moods oh and some LAVA ! That would be good.

Instead of a tech tree why not have a tech list for now? We should be able to see all the items that can be used in the smeltery, vehicle assembly bay, all the createable backpack items, etc. I think an organized list would be sufficient for now until the game gets developed a little farther. I would like to see what I can still research.

Also a tooltip with a quick explanation of what an item does before you create it would be nice. Like what an inhibitor does.

I would also like to see wind power as an alternative power source. This can fluctuate depending on the location. A higher elevation should have greater wind power than a lower elevation. Caves should have very little or no wind. Currently in order for me to get power I have to wait until the morning. I am sure these ideas have been suggested before but it's something that I think would improve the game a lot.

1 hour ago, jason3609 said:

Instead of a tech tree why not have a tech list for now? We should be able to see all the items that can be used in the smeltery, vehicle assembly bay, all the createable backpack items, etc. I think an organized list would be sufficient for now until the game gets developed a little farther. I would like to see what I can still research.

Also a tooltip with a quick explanation of what an item does before you create it would be nice. Like what an inhibitor does.

I would also like to see wind power as an alternative power source. This can fluctuate depending on the location. A higher elevation should have greater wind power than a lower elevation. Caves should have very little or no wind. Currently in order for me to get power I have to wait until the morning. I am sure these ideas have been suggested before but it's something that I think would improve the game a lot.

You can craft small wind turbines which can be attached to your backpack or larger ones which will provide power. Larger ones need to be researched.

This is brilliant. Excellent list to keep the ideas within the roadmap sandbox and organized to confirm those in progress. 

These are some of my suggestions to make game play optimal. I really love this game and want to see it succeed. When people ask me how does it play, about the only thing I can say is, like space engineers, but picks up where minecraft left off. This has generated many, many sales for your game. But instead of any tshirt or royalty, I only wish to be heard out.

DEVELOPER PRIORITY (High chance to be included in future updates)

1. Performance Optimization
  2. Fixing Bugs, Crashes
  3. New and Stylized design
    • Models, Sounds, and Special Effects
  4. Adding more Secret to Discover
  5. Probably more research items

Can't argue there.

CONFIRMED FEATURE (Feature and content that has been confirmed word by word by the SES)

• Making it easier to drive trough rock
  • Geothermal Power
  • Custom Beacon Icons
  • Dedicated Multiplayer Server
  • Improvement on mechanics 
    • Improved Vehicle Driving
  • N O  G U N S, "Adam said that he wanted to make astroneer a family friendly game, so violence will never be the main premise of astroneer"
  • Sprint Toggle (Xbox Controller)
  • More Feature on the Augmentation
    • More compatibility to other modules
    • More Augment other than the original 4

Making frontier terrain easier by nerfing rocks is just killing the pioneer spirit of the game. If it were easy everyone would do it. If there's a mining  outpost, or an area of resources, a cave, that is often traversed, build a clean road to it; just like people always do.

I like the new color for the tool. It will help discern roads from the rest of the terrain and marks the area as tampered by human hands. Should the game eventually allow for competing mining factions, this would be one of the few methods for detecting other teams or players. In that, the Beacon should be expanded to include the weather detection alert, the ability to either custom label it or allow for automatic sequential numbering or lettering; automatic labeling would be less of a load on the system but still keeps each beacon unique. In the more complex direction, a Beacon management module can be introduced that allows for remote renaming, remote weather detection, and maybe even a remote camera to view creatures, poachers or interlopers through each Beacon. Best creepy weather detection sound, with the crescendo ending in high tone beeping https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cl3lJ53aYI

Beacon's can be upgraded to mini companions keeping the Astroneer safe with all previous functions I  mentioned, with added bio detectors for poison, and pack animals.

The Tool needs to  have two modes. Simple, as it is now, and Detailed [Expert]. Detailed needs to include features such as a leveling X above the tool that moves with the tools angle while overlaying another leveling X that remains flat with horizon or perpendicular to planet center. Detailed should also give us the angle  in numerical form next to the tool. To protect against the weather I find myself building multi leveled structures out of the terrain and landscape, while running modules to the roof for solar and wind power. I find this ability to being a critical key feature to the creative aspect of the game, in addition to paint and color. Some genius is  just waiting for enough features to carve Mount Rushmore out of the alien landscape. Note, this also fulfills the Road/Ramp building feature request, aides the structures building requests, etc. Make coloring easier in Creative Mode, maybe even a Survival mode Bob Ross augment.

Expert mode should also include a compass, digital map, with gps reserved for space stations. 

No mining elevators, just ramps. But we need to know the minimum angle of ascent for fully loaded vehicles.

POSSIBLE FEATURES (Might be included in the future, most of the is from roadmap, while other might just be a rumor, either way it still have a chance to get in to the game)

• ANIMALS "Yes there is going to be an alien here hostile, passive, and friendly, form packs and might drop meats if you kill them, not sure about the meat part"
  • Automation and Industrialization
    • Conveyor 
  • Water (River, Ocean, etc)
  • Hunger Mechanics "Dev promised hunger to be less of a chore"
    • Farms/Biodome
  • Manual Spaceship Flight
  • Story element "Lore you can find and collect in-game"
  • Steam Workshop (User Generated Content)
    • Customizing Astroneer Suit & Color
    • Customizing Aesthetics (Marbles, Emoticon, Beacon Icons)
    • Adding your own module and vehicle
  • More Hazard
    • Temperature (Heat vs Cold)
    • Radiation Poisoning
    • Meteor Showers
  • Creative Mode
  • Graphic Option
  • Improving Tutorial
  • Player Driven Trading & Economy
  • A Space Station
    • Building said station with wrecked part
  • Landing Pad
  • Constructing Tier-3 Module on top of a Vehicle
  • More resource types
    • Iron, Carbon, Astronium
  • Procedural Generation
  • Customizable Vehicles and Modules
    • (possibly) it's shapes, colors, and function 
  • Variation to the terrain tool and it's function
  • Breakable Base Module, most likely by storm
  • Power-ups and Consumables
  • Local Splitscreen

FREQUENTLY SUGGESTED (Suggested many times by user)

• Minimap, Gps, Satellite
    • More reliable means of navigation
  • Save Editing
    • Duplicating
    • Naming
  • Jetpacks
    • Consumes hydrazine to fly "Yes it's that specific"
  • Adding more survival elements
  • Not adding more survival elements
  • Fuel Condenser & Trading Post Nerf
  • More Research Options
    • Names for researched artifacts
    • Tech Tree/ Research Points
  • Large Habitat with interior and stuff
  • Recycling
  • Bigger Storage
    • Silo or other form of enclosed storage
    • Fuel Tank (preferably at tier-2)
  • More Vehicle 
    • Astrobike/ Hoverbike
    • Giant Drill
    • Trains, and similar minecart/rail system
    • Hovercraft
    • Larger Vehicle 
    • Mech & Exosuits
  • Grappling Hook
  • Shape & Size options for terrain tool
  • Shields
  • Shortcut to move content of inventory between a storage and the player's backpack
  • More Planet types
    • Ocean Planet
    • Ice, Lava, and other biome specific planet
    • Gas Giants
  • Some better way to differentiate copper and aluminum
    • "Either make their color more contrast, or change one of it's model"
  • NPC, and Lore Items
  • Companion Creature
    • Drone (working and stuff)
    • Tames/pets, (dogs or apes or whatever companion animal suggested)
  • Mining Elevator
  • More & Bigger Power Sources
  • A plow of some sort for vehicles to push trough rocks
  • Modular Indoor and Enterable Habitat
  • Terrain Tools Option
    • Option for ramps with different angles (45º/90º)
  • HUD improvement
  • Weather Predicting Radar
  • Permanent Upgrades (inventory, oxygen)
  • Scheduled Update
  • Robot Astroneer that consumes power instead
  • Command Console (in-game debug mode/cheats)
  • World Generation option: Seed, Size, and Resource difficulty
  • An EXIT button
  • Space Diseases
  • Transporting POWER between bases
  • Wind turbine to generate power during sandstorm

(ALREADY A FEATURE) But suggested anyway

• Sprinting "Press L3 if you're on xbox"
  • Road/Ramp Building
  • Increasing Terrain
  • Flattening Ground
  • Mining Vehicle (Crane and Drill)
  • Realistic Gravity, Physics, Solar System
  • Rare Resources unique to each planet types
  • Minigame/Puzzle
  • Garage "Dev suggested you to build it yourself using terrain tool"
  • Custom Keybinding (PC)
  • Removing Base Element and Vehicles (use dynamite)
  • Storm Shelter "Just get creative with your terrain too ffs"

Garage, Storm Shelter, Structures of any kind - c'mon people, this is a core pioneer spirit of the game. He said "Go west young man" and the early American settlers made their first homes from Sod and cow dung. Cut that base from the side of a mountain, or build it up from a hidden cave below. Made from the grit of the frontier, do what it takes to survive and thrive. See my pics attached. As such, large spans, poorly constructed archways and careless mining should lead to cave-ins and avalanches from weather and earthquakes. Beacons should be able to detect earthquakes. Even the perfect parabolic arch is no match for the forces of nature. 

Weather damage to modules from flying rocks. This shows up as reduced power capacity for that module until repaired. A "Repair" option can be added in the modules selection tabs that indicates the resource for repair and quantity. Let a modules power capacity reach zero, and that module goes away.

The Drill. Detach the drill from the vehicle completely and let it be a remote drone for digging and shaping. Limited distance, still uses vehicle power, but can be rotated sideways/upside down,  and utilizes the same tools and augments as the personal Tool item. If you want more power in shaping the land use the upcoming Creative Mode.

As per road map, game generated Ancient Alien structures that are barely discernible from the surrounding formations. Yet unlike water formed cave systems, these are similar to a petrified building, or perhaps a petrified saucer. Inside, an explosion of flora and fauna as if it were an Eden.

Space Station "Storage" via Trade Module. Launch a Large Storage to the space station, along with a Tier-1 resource as a fee. This opens a new tab on the Trade Module selector. While the Storage Tab is selected, the rocket displays the contents of the storage in ghosted outlined red. "Activate", highlight an item for retrieval, or place an item for storage. Cost per Trade Rocket trip for storage should be one Tier-1 resource, so make it count. After all these are premium services. The storage should be accessible by all Trade Modules, of the same faction/team. Once you have your own space station, you no longer have to pay a Tier-1 resource, and can open it for commerce to other factions/teams for Tier-1 profits.

ReflexConnect a.k.a. SentinelBubble Xbox Live

The End

4-29-2017_11-12-42_PM (2).png

4-29-2017_11-14-08_PM (2).png

4-29-2017_11-14-19_PM (2).png

4-29-2017_11-12-30_PM (2).png

Upload Studio.mp4

On 1/31/2017 at 2:55 AM, Lithium said:

• N O  G U N S, "Adam said that he wanted to make astroneer a family friendly game, so violence will never be the main premise of astroneer"

I think maybe this should be a bit larger in font yeah? some people dont seem to get it :/

This compiled list is great but I do have one suggestion for it.  I know one of the requirements to having something put on this list is it having been mentioned several times.  There are some suggestions that do not get mentioned all the time but have a decent amount of other users replying to and supporting an idea in the original thread.  I don't think suggestions like those should be passed by just because multiple users haven't made separate posts about it.  Some of us actually read or search for things that have already been posted and give our input rather than starting new threads and cluttering up the forum . :)   Just a thought.

12 hours ago, Kantanshi said:

This compiled list is great but I do have one suggestion for it.  I know one of the requirements to having something put on this list is it having been mentioned several times.  There are some suggestions that do not get mentioned all the time but have a decent amount of other users replying to and supporting an idea in the original thread.  I don't think suggestions like those should be passed by just because multiple users haven't made separate posts about it.  Some of us actually read or search for things that have already been posted and give our input rather than starting new threads and cluttering up the forum . :)   Just a thought.

I agree. whenever I have a new idea, the first thing I do is search to see if anyone else has had the same or similar idea. If I find a thread, I tend to add to that, supporting it. Sorry if I'm making the managing of your list more difficult, Lithium.?

On 5/1/2017 at 1:46 PM, ReflexConnect said:

Who's posting guns ?

mm if you browse the suggested forums long enough you'll see that somebody is trying suggest a implement of some sort of weapon other than the terrain tools ability to uproot things.

Edited by derpsters44

Everything on that list is super nice sounding!!

I'm particularly hype for stuff like having a drone follow me around, more planet types and the new ways of getting around like jetpacks, trains and elevators :o

what kind of sense does shutting down the threads of the most suggested things make, if it's something that a gazillion people are suggesting then it's obviously something that would be smart to focus on

2 minutes ago, Echo139 said:

what kind of sense does shutting down the threads of the most suggested things make, if it's something that a gazillion people are suggesting then it's obviously something that would be smart to focus on

Because the feedback is getting splitted. We'd rather have the discussions about one topic in one thread. That's easier for the users and easier for the developers. Also a ton of different threads about the exactly same thing is rather unpleasant to see. :P