Lithium

Most Frequent Suggestion + Confirmed Features

Wyvyrias

This thread is no longer being maintained and will eventually be replaced by a new one. The majority of the information is still relevant, though.

Message added by Wyvyrias

I was about to make a suggestion, but then used the forum Search function and found that it already has been suggested:

So, should it go on this list somewhere? I don't think it's a "frequently" suggested idea, but I have a feeling it might become one.

32 minutes ago, At0micCyb0rg said:

I was about to make a suggestion, but then used the forum Search function and found that it already has been suggested:

So, should it go on this list somewhere? I don't think it's a "frequently" suggested idea, but I have a feeling it might become one.

Thanks for taking time to read the list, But since this suggestion isn't really that frequent, Feel free to make a new thread about it, Plus it's last post about three weeks ago

Edited by Lithium

Multi-player server is really to consider, after all, every time my friends do not come in.
As for the magic animals just to not let this game is to collect resources and monotonous. A little more things will make more people like this game

What about a massive electromagnet to draw in space junk near your base? so occaisionally you would find a small bit of rock that you could research? or some materials?

Hello Astroneer Creators, I am here to tell you about ideas for the feature of Astroneer
1. A Way To Join Random Online Players
2. A Use To Astronium (sorry if I spelt that wrong)
3. A Way To Upgrade Armor, Like More Oxygen/Power/Slots Capacity, Or Higher Jumping, Or Faster Running, Or Even A More Efficient Flashlight
4. A Way To Upgrade Rover/Truck Tires, To Go Faster Or Be More Steady, And Also Go Uphill Faster And More Efficient
5. Adding Black Holes/Meators That Will Either Make Your Shuttle/Spaceship Crash Or Take Damage
6. More Planets, As Such : *Gorgania *Meltdown *Humid (Like Arid) 
7. Making A Way To Bring Rovers/Trucks To Other Planets. Like A Winch But On A Shuttle/Spaceship To Easily Bring Vehicles Into Space And Other Planets

Quick note: This thread is for common/confirmed suggestions. If you have an entirely new idea that is not listed here, please post it in a new thread. Otherwise it would defy the entire point of having a section for suggestions. ^_^

14 minutes ago, SpartanZek said:

Hello Astroneer Creators, I am here to tell you about ideas for the feature of Astroneer
1. A Way To Join Random Online Players
2. A Use To Astronium (sorry if I spelt that wrong)
3. A Way To Upgrade Armor, Like More Oxygen/Power/Slots Capacity, Or Higher Jumping, Or Faster Running, Or Even A More Efficient Flashlight
4. A Way To Upgrade Rover/Truck Tires, To Go Faster Or Be More Steady, And Also Go Uphill Faster And More Efficient
5. Adding Black Holes/Meators That Will Either Make Your Shuttle/Spaceship Crash Or Take Damage
6. More Planets, As Such : *Gorgania *Meltdown *Humid (Like Arid) 
7. Making A Way To Bring Rovers/Trucks To Other Planets. Like A Winch But On A Shuttle/Spaceship To Easily Bring Vehicles Into Space And Other Planets

Hello astroneer user,  I'm not a developer, I'm just a guy with a lot of free time.

1. "Research Minigame"

Everytime, i just have to Think about Thaumcraft...

2. Still feel Like Nights should be way more Darker. But good to see that Automation is planned.

(also Small Thing, is there an Option to turn that "Notify me of Replies" Automatically On? sometimes you just Forget about it and Wonder why noone Replies.)

-gladly throws all progress away-

i was working on creating a list like this too lol

here's my penny: allow backpack to be moved by dragging the edges

Great job on the list @Lithium

although i didn't see low gravity fall damage?

Edited by Nich

7 hours ago, Nich said:

Great job on the list @Lithium

Umm thanks, although I didn't understand what you mean my low gravity fall damage

9 hours ago, Nich said:

What you mean is probably not a suggestion but a bug report. :P
The low gravity isn't supposed to damage you.

One thing I'd like to see as new features are added is dial-able levels of certain features.  To tune the game to your perfect liking.

For example:  Hunger: 4 levels  None, Very little, Normal, Ravenous.

Or: Animals: None, Friendly (petting zoo!), Mixed, Predator only.

Storms: None, Rare, Normal, Often     Types of Storms:  ???

Air use: Very little, normal, heavy breather.

Planet rotation (day length):  Short, Medium, Long

Gravity:  Low, Normal, High

Discoverables (Research items):  Few, Normal, Lots

etc etc.  I feel this would really crank up the playability of this truly sandbox game.

@Lithium If you dig to the center of a planet and create a large cavern.  Then float from one side to the other very slowly and touch a wall it will kill you or at least it did in .119 have not played in a while :(  But ya it is probably more of a bug then a suggestion

hey guys! can I also add to the list of yours Lithium.

what about adding damage to the vehicles and "towers" during a wind storm.

you can keep using them until they break down and fix them at any given time.

On March 8, 2017 at 10:20 AM, Mason Reeder said:

hey guys! can I also add to the list of yours Lithium.

what about adding damage to the vehicles and "towers" during a wind storm.

you can keep using them until they break down and fix them at any given time.

Yeah, sure almost forgot about that one, dev might actually planned to have this feature.

On Wednesday, February 01, 2017 at 1:37 AM, Wyvyrias said:

Unfortunately that is true for some, which is why I personally was focusing on bug reports (and those are already plenty to handle :D)

Dont worry, I'm a nerd. Nerds always read the posts you leader guys tell us to read. (Although the percentage of what I remember may wary)

This is an idea for the form of defense:
That the hostile animals live in cabernas or in dark places like the dangerous plants that are currently in the game, having in favor the dark and that lurk to the player of secret way
Now that the animals that live in the mines have photophobia (fear of lights) and scare them away from the player (does not count the lantern in the helmet that the player has by default)

1 hour ago, Escabi said:

This is an idea for the form of defense:
That the hostile animals live in cabernas or in dark places like the dangerous plants that are currently in the game, having in favor the dark and that lurk to the player of secret way
Now that the animals that live in the mines have photophobia (fear of lights) and scare them away from the player (does not count the lantern in the helmet that the player has by default)

Great Idea Actually, I might make a new post suggesting defenses other than by guns.

I disagree with Road/Ramp Building being "already a feature".  You could barely call the smoothing tool as it is now a road building tool. The game definitely needs some kind of a road block, which attaches to the terrain at angles and smooths it out.

Edited by FreakEngineer

On 1/31/2017 at 2:55 AM, Lithium said:
  • Adding more survival elements
  • Not adding more survival elements

Just popped in to say this made me laugh really hard