Lithium

Most Frequent Suggestion + Confirmed Features

Wyvyrias

This thread is no longer being maintained and will eventually be replaced by a new one. The majority of the information is still relevant, though.

Message added by Wyvyrias

Disclaimer

Hey, since there is a lot of traffic in the suggestion here, I'll do you guys a favor and make list for the most suggested Features and the one that has already been confirmed by the Developer. Let's keep this topic more organized, So please read this list before posting a thread here

Now Available!

Gallery of Feature, Fanart, and Fluffs related to Astroneer.

Link (Google Drive): https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8Yf0lwrL9OZLXkwSXcyZXZ2dlU

LISTING INFORMATION

• Reddish For the Most Wanted suggestion, Posting a red marked suggestion may result in your thread getting locked down
    • Ratio of 10-20 post per month, will be the red flag, further posting the same topic may result in said action
    • Between 3 to 10 post per month won't be flagged as red, but still listed in this post.
  • Sources used for planned features  come from within roadmap: https://trello.com/b/UoZgKrd3/astroneer-development-roadmap
  • And remember! NO GUNS ALLOWED,YEP NO GUNS, NOPE STILL NO GUNS
  • Asking for guns in the game will instantly get your thread locked
  • Last Updated: December 21, 2017

HIGH PRIORITY !!! (Most of these will be in-game by the end of Q1 2018)

1. Research System
    • Encourage exploration to other planet
    • Adding skill curve into the game
    • Research Points
    • Ability to decide which to research first
    • Sense of progression
    • Resource-Based Terrain or Terrain-Based Resource
    • Chemistry
  2. Modularity
    • Vehicle built parts by parts
    • Modules are also built parts by parts
    • Bases are also gonna be built parts by parts
    • All above will be interchangeable, augment-able, and may provide many different functions
    • Thus allowing different complex structures
    • Includes a new type of printer (guessing it as the small printer)
  3. UI Update
    • Making the UI elements cleaner, more diegetic and provide more information
  4. Interaction Refractor
    • Improve the current controls for controller & keyboards
  5. Complex Encounter/Discoveries
    • Combines a lot of mechanics to make discoveries more exciting
    • More Aggressive Floras
      • And Faunas (but that's a far stretch)
    • Weather Systems & Complex Hazard
      • Temperature (Heat vs Cold)
      • Radiation Poisoning
      • Meteor Showers
      • Rains, I guess?
    • Black Box and other narrative element

MIEDIUM PRIORITY !! (Might be added after or alongside the High Priority Features, They're not working on it right now, but will have the feature ready by the end of Q2 2018)

1. Terrain 2.0 (What is terrain 2.0?, well to simply explain it would be a feature that will substantially change the way planets generate within the game)
    • More Integrated Biomes
    • Better Caverns, Chasm, and Mountains
    • Variation to Terrain Density
    • Unique Resource Distribution
    • Larger Planets
    • Soil system
    • Special Tutorial Planet
  2. Crafting
    • Revisiting to the crafting system and recipes
    • Broaden the crafting progression
  3. Multiplayer Imrovement
    • Up to 8 player in a server
    • Dedicated server
  4. Online Presistence
    • Personal Online Profile
    • Dedicated Servers
    • Trading Between Player
    • Server Browsing
    • Player-Driven Economy
    • Public Multiplayer Servers
  5. Player Customization
    • Let Players choose and customize their appearance
    • Also customize the "mark they leave", Graffiti, Footstep, Modules, not sure what else
    • Unlockable Suits with different functionality
  6. More Features
    • World sized Puzzle
    • Linux Version

LOW PRIORITY ! (Will be added in-game farther into the future, Preferably by the end of Q3 2018)

1. Automation
    • Allow modules to be programmed in a way for Large-scale, and High-cost projects
    • Conveyors, Sorting, Elevators, anything you'd expect from a large-scale mining 
  2. In-Game bug reporting mechanics
  3. More Features
    • OSX Version
    • New Planets
    • New Resources
    • New Vehicles
    • New Modules
    • New Augments
    • New Stuffs
    • Achievements

OTHER ROADMAP CONTENT (not sure whether they'll be added early or later into the game)

• Modding
  • Decorations (static & interactible)
  • Farming System
    • Farms, Biodome, Seeds?
    • Not the one you gotta eat
      • wait? there might be the edible kind too?
        • dis 4 real guys?
  • More automation
  • Liquids on Planets
  • Faunas (agressive)
  • Player Home (Personal Space)
  • Cartography, Map-making, and all of it's sorts

NON-ESSENTIAL FEATURE (Doesn't make it to the Roadmap, but still have chances to be included)

• Making it easier to drive trough rock
  • Geothermal Power
  • Custom Beacon Icons
  • Improvement on mechanics 
    • Improved Vehicle Driving
  • Sprint Toggle (Xbox Controller)
  • More Feature on the Augmentation
    • More compatibility to other modules
  • Constructing Large Module on top of a Vehicle
  • More resource types
    • Iron, Carbon, Astronium
  • Variation to the terrain tool and it's function
  • Local Splitscreen
    • 2 panel split screen
    • 4 panel split screen
  • Steam Workshop (User Generated Content)
  • Creative Mode
  • Improving Tutorial

CONFIRMED FREQUENT SUGGESTION, BUT NOT WORKED ON AT ALL (suggestion that will make into the game, but is in the lowest of all priority)

• Breakable Base Module, most likely by storm
  • Power-ups and Consumables
  • Local Splitscreen
    • 2 panel split screen
    • 4 panel split screen
  • Manual Spaceship Flight
  • A Space Station
    • Building said station with wrecked part
  • Jetpacks
    • Consumes hydrazine to fly "Yes it's that specific"
  • Grappling Hook
  • Physical Liquid
    • Underwater Cavern
    • Ocean Planet
  • Save Editing
    • Duplicating
    • Naming

FREQUENTLY SUGGESTED (Suggested many times by user, Eitherway.. Unconfirmed by the devs)

• ANIMALS "Yes everybody want's an alien lifeform to be added here; hostile, passive, and friendly, form packs and stuff"
  • Minimap, Gps, Satellite
    • More reliable means of navigation
  • Adding more survival elements
  • Not adding more survival elements
  • Fuel Condenser & Trading Post Nerf
  • More Research Options
    • Names for researched artifacts
    • Tech Tree/ Research Points
  • Large Habitat with interior and stuff
  • Recycling
  • Bigger Storage
    • Silo or other form of enclosed storage
    • Building vehicle storage on large platform, or just allow it to be built over without forcing you to put in other module
  • More Vehicle 
    • Astrobike/ Hoverbike
    • Giant Drill
    • Trains, and similar minecart/rail system
    • Hovercraft
    • Larger Vehicle 
    • Mech & Exosuits
  • Shape & Size options for terrain tool
  • Shields
  • Shortcut to move content of inventory between a storage and the player's backpack
  • More Planet types
    • Ocean Planet
    • Ice, Lava, and other biome specific planet
    • Gas Giants
  • Some better way to differentiate copper and aluminum
    • "Either make their color more contrast, or change one of it's model"
  • NPC, and Lore Items
  • Companion Creature
    • Drone (working and stuff)
    • Tames/pets, (dogs or apes or whatever companion animal suggested)
  • Mining Elevator
  • More & Bigger Power Sources
  • A plow of some sort for vehicles to push trough rocks
  • Modular Indoor and Enterable Habitat
  • Terrain Tools Option
    • Option for ramps with different angles (45º/90º)
  • HUD improvement
  • Weather Predicting Radar
  • Permanent Upgrades (inventory, oxygen)
  • Scheduled Update
  • Robot Astroneer that consumes power instead
  • Command Console (in-game debug mode/cheats)
  • World Generation option: Seed, Size, and Resource difficulty
  • An EXIT button
  • Space Diseases
  • Transporting POWER between bases
  • Wind turbine to generate power during sandstorm
  • First Person View
  • Landing Pads

ALREADY A FEATURE But suggested anyway

• Sprinting "Press L3 if you're on xbox"
  • Road/Ramp Building
  • Increasing Terrain
  • Flattening Ground
  • Mining Vehicle (Crane and Drill)
  • Realistic Gravity, Physics, Solar System
  • Rare Resources unique to each planet types
  • Minigame/Puzzle
  • Garage "Dev suggested you to build it yourself using terrain tool"
  • Custom Keybinding (PC)
  • Removing Base Element and Vehicles (use dynamite)
  • Storm Shelter "Just get creative with your terrain too ffs"

Gallery of Feature Fluffs

astroneers_planets.thumb.png.ee6dda2b49fae185af6b7d16392b243a.png58cc5d7a80456_ScreenShot2017-03-18at5_02_40AM.thumb.png.81125f1741f663b030d363bbf2aec94f.png58e1274dddfc6_@SES_AlternateShuttleModels.thumb.jpg.fda8a40e4c5e3c4f4dfe3593d7fafe18.jpgeyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL3Bicy50d2ltZy5jb20vbWVkaWEvREFTQ3UwQVhvQUFaUEdYLmpwZyJ9.jpg.a6bb672e04852c89a8b301421620a16c.jpgScreen-Shot-2017-05-11-at-11_48.15-PM.png.12821f40ec1d239240c674a9202d40fd.png

BONUS (In case you somehow read this long thread this far)
Old Dumb Astroneer Fanfiction I used to make
Do note that this was made before I learned about Dialectic UI, so please do Understand.

1 hour ago, wondible said:

I'd call multiplayer and creative confirmed since they are on the roadmap; multiplayer server is even priority.

Sorry, forgot about that, too bad I can't edit this post anymore without bothering the mod

5 hours ago, hodgsth said:

Great idea, @Lithium.  In the meantime, let's keep BUMPing this one to the top of the list to prevent redundant suggestion threads.

Bump

Yeah it's a good idea Lithium, stay on top of it.  Unfortunately, "Read This First" seems to have the opposite effect on people... and no amount of bumping will prevent redundant threads.

As far as bothering the mod, that's exactly what they want you to do.  Go for it!

7 hours ago, Pi_ said:

Yeah it's a good idea Lithium, stay on top of it.  Unfortunately, "Read This First" seems to have the opposite effect on people... and no amount of bumping will prevent redundant threads.

As far as bothering the mod, that's exactly what they want you to do.  Go for it!

Well, I'll Give it a try then

8 hours ago, Pi_ said:

Unfortunately, "Read This First" seems to have the opposite effect on people... and no amount of bumping will prevent redundant threads.

Unfortunately that is true for some, which is why I personally was focusing on bug reports (and those are already plenty to handle :D).

8 hours ago, Pi_ said:

Yep! Though always mind to PM us. I don't know if it still works on users, but pinging/mentioning moderators and above does no longer trigger a notification (unless it's a moderator or above who is doing that). At least that's what Adam intended.

Also, nice list! We always like to see the community trying to help each other, so of course I gonna pin it.

10 minutes ago, Wyvyrias said:

Unfortunately that is true for some, which is why I personally was focusing on bug reports (and those are already plenty to handle :D).

Yep! Though always mind to PM us. I don't know if it still works on users, but pinging/mentioning moderators and above does no longer trigger a notification (unless it's a moderator or above who is doing that). At least that's what Adam intended.

Also, nice list! We always like to see the community trying to help each other, so of course I gonna pin it.

Thanks for responding so quick

6 minutes ago, Lithium said:

Thanks for responding so quick

Always here to help.
Using the PM you'll usually get me to reply within 1h and 24h at most (I did miss one notification about a PM once, though...must have been sleepy).
:P

Hi, I´m new to this forum. I play Astroneer via Steam since last weekend. I have a lot of fun!

Atm I´m trying to build a driveable path to the spots with unlimited energy/resin/compound I found. They´re really close to each other, but to far away from my base to walk. The driving behavior on  uneven terrain is quite suboptimal.

BTT:Nice overview!

I have a suggestion/question. Is it planned to have multiple solar-systems? Like NMS? That would be really cool and a long term motivation.

Next one is about the smoothing-tool. Will it be enhanced, f.e. to set exact degrees or 15° steps for building? Would be very precise then.

The marker of the tool is a circle, so is the effect on the landscape. I think it would be nice, if it´s possible, to switch to a square (and back to normal).

I hope you understand what I´m saying, because my native language is german. ;) 

One of the things I'd like to see is a permanent drill that can be constructed around the resource spires (resin, compound, oxygen and power) This would be really cool because then it would function as a steady stream of resources (keep in mind spires regenerate incredibly slow, using fuel condensers would be still be far easier and thus not making it overpowered.)

Thanks for the list Lithium...

A suggestion to enhance this...maybe you already have it and I haven't found it yet?

I am not 100% familiar with this type of forum format, but have to imagine it is informational chaos for the developers. Love the list but is there a way to add "likes"? I haven't had much time to read through everything, but it seems pretty clear users are regurgitating the same ideas over and over. Maybe a URL on "READ THIS FIRST" to redirect to a FB page or a list like what Lithium provided...Add some kind of like/unlike option for polling. In addition, maybe add a projected roll out date for those items on the confirmed list). In dealing with tech customers on a daily basis, even if you have to push out/ change and estimated roll out date, the majority of clients are more patient if expectations are set. In this industry it is often impossible to meet and exact date; however, if you can't...you'd can follow up with a "why" it being delayed, what is being attempted, and a new roll out date. 

Amazing game with huge edutainment potential. I am excited to see it grow. 

2 hours ago, Secret MC Shaman said:

Thanks for the list Lithium...

A suggestion to enhance this...maybe you already have it and I haven't found it yet?

I am not 100% familiar with this type of forum format, but have to imagine it is informational chaos for the developers. Love the list but is there a way to add "likes"? I haven't had much time to read through everything, but it seems pretty clear users are regurgitating the same ideas over and over. Maybe a URL on "READ THIS FIRST" to redirect to a FB page or a list like what Lithium provided...Add some kind of like/unlike option for polling. In addition, maybe add a projected roll out date for those items on the confirmed list). In dealing with tech customers on a daily basis, even if you have to push out/ change and estimated roll out date, the majority of clients are more patient if expectations are set. In this industry it is often impossible to meet and exact date; however, if you can't...you'd can follow up with a "why" it being delayed, what is being attempted, and a new roll out date. 

Amazing game with huge edutainment potential. I am excited to see it grow. 

I can't edit and need to clarify. This is already the "READ THIS FIRST" on the SUGGESTIONS subcategory. I am actually recommending this goes on the home page...or in a pop-up when users log in/sign in. Maybe if the pop up had a link redirecting to the specific topic string you could stream line the information overload and reduce the repeat comments on the same subject?
I know I've tried confirming who's posted about what prior to adding or commenting on a string, but there is a lot of repeat information from excited and helpful users to sift through. For myself, I want to help with out adding to the chaos but there's only so much time in the day. 

On 1/31/2017 at 9:06 AM, wondible said:

I'd call multiplayer and creative confirmed since they are on the roadmap; multiplayer server is even priority.

When they say multiplayer do they mean like pvp/pvpve/pve or like you can search for people to play with or there are modes that you can play with random people?

Removed some off-topic posts (4) to reduce clutter.

Edit:

Just now, Lithium said:

Thanks for the assistance

(The post quoted above was an answer on this post here and has been deleted)
As the rules say, I am not supposed to leave a notice on that, but please read rule 9.3.

9.3. If a moderator has announced a moderation action in a thread, move on, do not comment on it in any way. Such posts will be deleted without notice (or edited if it continues the topic).

No offense, this just serves to reduce clutter as well.

Edited by Wyvyrias

6 hours ago, Gage Groff said:

When they say multiplayer do they mean like pvp/pvpve/pve or like you can search for people to play with or there are modes that you can play with random people?

Not much Info given there, probably about official server or dedicated ones.

24 minutes ago, Wyvyrias said:

As the rules say, I am not supposed to leave a notice on that, but please read rule 9.3.

No offense, this just serves to reduce clutter as well.

Sorry won't happen again

1 hour ago, Lithium said:

Not much Info given there, probably about official server or dedicated ones.

I've seen mentions a couple times (I think via Twitter) that they hope to be able to added dedicated servers.

Once again removed (well, actually just hid) off-topic posts.

Use this thread to discuss other suggestions that may miss in the list or need to be adjusted. Going off-topic by talking about people going off-topic creates lots of clutter.

16 hours ago, hodgsth said:

Add for (UNCONFIRMED) Beacon customization:

Added under the steam workshop, a little less obvious to put it there yes?

Edited by Lithium

7 hours ago, Lithium said:

Added under the steam workshop, a little less obvious to put it there yes?

Nice. Thanks, Lith

when you say "online trading/economy" do you mean in the game through the trading platform or what? Had an idea for something but just want to make sure its not already in dev. 

7 hours ago, Pieticle said:

when you say "online trading/economy" do you mean in the game through the trading platform or what? Had an idea for something but just want to make sure its not already in dev. 

Most likely about steam market stuff, I'm not sure

It could also be about, trading economy, currency, and stock market saturation. Dev haven't made much detail about it.

I was wondering when someone was gonna get a master list for these things, its good helping people but its easier if they already know about it.