Can we use spaceship parts?

I noticed today when I was searching for research items off of spaceships and I came across a towering solar panel with the connector on the end.  Then when the sun came up, as I was leaving, that the connector had the yellow power bars blinking like it was generating power.  Is it possible to drag this thing home, or bring up a habitat and connect the two together and use it for a power source?

Or if you prefer I can just tell you here. You need a winch first of all, to drag the solar panel. To have it power your base you need to connect it via a vehicle; I use rovers.

6 hours ago, MarkJohnson said:

I noticed today when I was searching for research items off of spaceships and I came across a towering solar panel with the connector on the end.  Then when the sun came up, as I was leaving, that the connector had the yellow power bars blinking like it was generating power.  Is it possible to drag this thing home, or bring up a habitat and connect the two together and use it for a power source?

6 minutes ago, Cardinal said:

Or if you prefer I can just tell you here. You need a winch first of all, to drag the solar panel. To have it power your base you need to connect it via a vehicle; I use rovers.

All true. But asfaik it doesn't provide large amounts of power....yet.....

10 hours ago, Cardinal said:

I found you need to have a battery on the rover to transfer power to your base.  It only seems to power up the rover otherwise.

17 hours ago, MarkJohnson said:

I haven't dragged one of the large solar arrays home yet, but I have found that a lot of spacecraft have cargo inside you can salvage if you dig the dirt away - usually one rare item like titanium or lithium, then one or two common ones like aluminum, copper or hydrazine. Many have a 1-seat inside as well for use on a truck or rover. And today while exploring inside a cave I found a thruster that you can mount on your base. It burns hydrazine but doesn't seem to do much else.

1 hour ago, Cardinal said:

it works fine without a battery for me

I tried every which way possibly and couldn't get this to work.  I used both a rover and a truck, then I tried both ends.  I could not get any energy to flow out of the truck or rover.  I made sure to get rid of all my power sources on my base, then drained my fuel condensers.  Nothing would flow past the truck or rover.  My fuel condensers just sat there with no power until I threw a battery on the truck or rover.