List of things to NOT add to the game

Please do not add any kind of guns. And for that matter dont add a PvP element. If thats what people want in a game then i say they are playing the wrong game. I hope you all share the same sentiment.

guns should be in the game BUT only if animals and stuff are in game not for pvp

9 minutes ago, SnowBurn said:

Please do not add any kind of guns. And for that matter dont add a PvP element. If thats what people want in a game then i say they are playing the wrong game. I hope you all share the same sentiment.

They can add things into the game to deal with wild animals. For one indoor buildings. Two they could have a research item that could work as a personal shield or repulsor that slowly drains your power. Three some kind of fence. I enjoy shooting games but I don't think that every game should have them. Especially when there are other ways to deal with problems.

Edited by Finthic

As the plot, character "dashing to infect gold-decoy" so I doubt that anything will prevent him from killing someone or for the money, I'd like to see in the game to fight for "gold". But I wanted to-moderate amount of struggle

22 hours ago, Finthic said:

They can add things into the game to deal with wild animals. For one indoor buildings. Two they could have a research item that could work as a personal shield or repulsor that slowly drains your power. Three some kind of fence. I enjoy shooting games but I don't think that every game should have them. Especially when there are other ways to deal with problems.

I agree. There are enough shooters out there. Certainly enough space shooters. I like you idea of an alternative to weapons.

4 hours ago, bony_228 said:

I'd like to see in the game to fight for "gold". But I wanted to-moderate amount of struggle

'Fight', sure. 'Fighting', probably not. How about market share, or other economical struggles against or with other players, then?

For example, you could have a purchase order from EXO Dynamics for certain resources, and the player who fulfils the order first gets paid. That brings both competition, as well as incentive to continue exploring and mining.

2 hours ago, Ben Sando said:

'Fight', sure. 'Fighting', probably not. How about market share, or other economical struggles against or with other players, then?

For example, you could have a purchase order from EXO Dynamics for certain resources, and the player who fulfils the order first gets paid. That brings both competition, as well as incentive to continue exploring and mining.

So have it work like the EVE Online market place?

On 1/30/2017 at 5:20 PM, SnowBurn said:

No to everything in this thread but this.

This is exactly what I've thought whenever I hear someone saying something about adding animals and guns and PVP to Astroneer. I think Minecraft would suit a lot of you. And it has a much larger team working on it, too. Wanna game about survival and PVP and animals, like so many of you ask? Minecraft is for you. They have gun mods as well. Just want a game about animals? Farming Simulator. Just a game about guns? CS:GO (and countless others). What about a game with survival and guns? Get a hunting game. I don't care, but this certainly isn't for Astroneer.

I'm sorry , I just think that you need to choose interesting mechanics to the game, I believe that the Astroneer has a much greater potential. Me love Astroneer, but I very much doubt that the exploring can keep in the game. So I think a moderate amount of struggle and violence can make the game only better