homie

Game does not always save

I just recently purchased Astroneer (and its far better than I could have imagined!) though playing the game has been fairly difficult since it seems there is some sort of issue where the game does not always save. At first, I thought I had simply messed up and not actually saved but now its happening much more often and I'm quite sure its a bug of some sort since it doesn't always occur.

Basically, what happens is I've saved the game (sometimes more than once, at varying times throughout my play session or multiple times when I'm about to turn off the game because I'm afraid it didn't save properly the first time), quit to the main menu and, once there, shut off my console. Usually, but not always, the game doesn't save.

Again, this is on Xbox One.

I really hope there's some way I can either avoid this that you guys know of or an easy fix! Love the game but its a little sad when I do a lot just to find none of my progress mattered.

I too have this issue my friend. I absolutley cant put it down when i start playing because im afraid it wont be there when i get back. One tip i may have as its so far worked for me is to make sure you enter habitat then quit to main menu while still inside it. I reloaded my base 3 times in a row with no disappearances :]

Same problem here. Frame rate caused crash after exploring third planet, Arid, and instead of reverting to most recent habitat save (of which there should have been many) it reverted to a save several hours back on Barren. Loss of a few hours of some pretty accomplished work, if I do say so. Oh well, just a good excuse to play it all over again!

9 hours ago, derpsters44 said:

on xbox i've not seen the issue myself but @SpiffyHIPPY is 100% correct in this is the only workaround as said by the team. 

Still new to using forums any threads you suggest for starters of this wonderful game lol

11 hours ago, SpiffyHIPPY said:

Still new to using forums any threads you suggest for starters of this wonderful game lol

i dont really crawl through the different pages of the forums so i really wouldnt be able to find the post that i found really helpful but! i do have THIS and THIS tips for good power and xbox tips and tricks!