TONS of new ideas!

Flaubert

I have been playing Astroneer for a few days now, and am loving it! But I think it needs much more to make it better. Here is a list that I have created for ideas! :)

- Character Customization ~ The game already kind of has this at the start, but it's not too detailed. We should be able to fully customize our character, from customizing their shoes, to the helmet. We should also be able to give them colors and even a name tag or something. This would also come in handy for going on multiplayer.

- More types of terrain ~ When you load into a planet now, it has the occasional mountain, and can be colorful with trees etc. This is good, but it should have more. The terrain could change from what planet you go to, and it could have massive craters like on the moon, or volcanoes and some kind of river. I could go on saying all sorts of terrain, like being on a rough planet, or a planet with massive spikes and things in the ground (too big to kill you).

- Aliens/Animals ~ The game at the moment only has you in it, which can make the player feel quite lonely and isolated. What could stop this is by having aliens and animals. They could be anywhere from the size of a mouse, to the size of one of the storms (I'm not kidding) and could be potentially harmful and dangerous, or harmless. They could be furry or have shells and be hard. Think about games like Spore and No Mans Sky, and then you will know what I mean.

- Weapons ~ If you have dangerous aliens on a planet, you probably need weapons. These could be from a sharpened stick, to a gun made from aluminum. If we have weapons, we should also be able to make a weapon crafting thing at the base, and you could but some elements together to make them. This would be pretty cool!

- New Weather ~ At the moment, the only dynamic weathering is the sandstorm thingy, and I think that it needs more! It could have normal weather like rain, and wind, and more crazy weather like hurricanes and flash floods. The planet your on could also have a climate, so maybe it is slightly toxic, or really cold, or really hot, and so, for the cold weather, some parts of it could be icy and snowy, and could have snow as some weather, and the toxic weather could be overgrown, or just desolate, and could have acid rain as a weather, making you need to hide.

- Abandoned Places ~ In the game at the moment, I have only encountered a few small abandoned ships. The game could have these, and the could be massive in size, with individual rooms and stuff. There could also be abandoned bases, with shelves and chairs still there, and you can find things in there. This could be cool because then the player has more to explore. There could be massive towers and underground bases and abandoned rovers and stuff like that.

- More vehicles/customization ~ I like the rovers that are in the game at the moment, but they could be improved by making them customizable. You could be able to change their color, make their wheels faster and better, have better engine, and so on. There could also be different types of the rover, so they would be in different shapes and sizes, and maybe even a rover motorbike!

- Upgrades ~ The game could have upgrades for the player and the base. The player could be able to have more stamina, and jump higher etc, and the base could get bigger, and therefore the upgrade stations get bigger and better too (become faster etc). It would also be useful to be able to upgrade your backpack to have more stuff in it etc.

- Building ~ I think the game should let you build a house or something, because then it could protect you against the storms and aliens (if they will be in it). I'm not suggesting the game should become like Minecraft, but you should be able to build a house with stairs and doors, and maybe you could store stuff in there too.

There is more that could be in the game, but I don't want to make it the size of book, so I'll stop there! Thanks for reading!

You could also have landing pads for the ships and different varieties of rovers, like a fast but slightly unstable one, or a slow but really grippy one!

To get it out first, I love your suggestion for more discoveries like a giant abandoned bases and towers, It could even include a lot of loot and secret room

I would however disagree about including randomly generated creatures like in spore and no man's sky.

This post in overall has a great amount effort put in it. 

Thanks! If the game is trying to be a game where your just on your own, then I understand that it doesn't need creatures. I was also suggesting that depending on what planet you spawn into, there could be different creatures, or maybe none at all, or a lot.

4 hours ago, Flaubert said:

Thanks! If the game is trying to be a game where your just on your own, then I understand that it doesn't need creatures. I was also suggesting that depending on what planet you spawn into, there could be different creatures, or maybe none at all, or a lot.

What I mean to say

Generated creature (aka the creature is randomly generated our of pile of bodyparts): NO

Premade creature (aka the creature is made to look like that specifically): YES

I think that character customs would be a good idea, i mean im not looking at my character all that much but i think different colors would be nice, for multiplayer too.

different terrain would be fun to explore but i think people will look for flat plains anyway. 

AI would be fun to play with especially if they had their own bases with traders with unique values.

I would love to murder those plants with a laser rifle.

The sandstorm is a good diverse weather and is pretty good but i think that the weathers described are really good. 

id so delve into in an abandoned base that would have bunches of loot in them, this goes with houses as well you could build your own base that you can go inside but the camera angle might be bad for inside if you've ever tried to carry something through a cave you'd know. 

There is some new vehicles coming in next update, something about a drop ship? :)

i would love to have upgrades, ive seen some higher scaled post about it and i would love it sm.

On 1/29/2017 at 8:25 AM, Flaubert said:

I have been playing Astroneer for a few days now, and am loving it! But I think it needs much more to make it better. Here is a list that I have created for ideas! :)

- Character Customization ~ The game already kind of has this at the start, but it's not too detailed. We should be able to fully customize our character, from customizing their shoes, to the helmet. We should also be able to give them colors and even a name tag or something. This would also come in handy for going on multiplayer.

- More types of terrain ~ When you load into a planet now, it has the occasional mountain, and can be colorful with trees etc. This is good, but it should have more. The terrain could change from what planet you go to, and it could have massive craters like on the moon, or volcanoes and some kind of river. I could go on saying all sorts of terrain, like being on a rough planet, or a planet with massive spikes and things in the ground (too big to kill you).

- Aliens/Animals ~ The game at the moment only has you in it, which can make the player feel quite lonely and isolated. What could stop this is by having aliens and animals. They could be anywhere from the size of a mouse, to the size of one of the storms (I'm not kidding) and could be potentially harmful and dangerous, or harmless. They could be furry or have shells and be hard. Think about games like Spore and No Mans Sky, and then you will know what I mean.

- Weapons ~ If you have dangerous aliens on a planet, you probably need weapons. These could be from a sharpened stick, to a gun made from aluminum. If we have weapons, we should also be able to make a weapon crafting thing at the base, and you could but some elements together to make them. This would be pretty cool!

- New Weather ~ At the moment, the only dynamic weathering is the sandstorm thingy, and I think that it needs more! It could have normal weather like rain, and wind, and more crazy weather like hurricanes and flash floods. The planet your on could also have a climate, so maybe it is slightly toxic, or really cold, or really hot, and so, for the cold weather, some parts of it could be icy and snowy, and could have snow as some weather, and the toxic weather could be overgrown, or just desolate, and could have acid rain as a weather, making you need to hide.

- Abandoned Places ~ In the game at the moment, I have only encountered a few small abandoned ships. The game could have these, and the could be massive in size, with individual rooms and stuff. There could also be abandoned bases, with shelves and chairs still there, and you can find things in there. This could be cool because then the player has more to explore. There could be massive towers and underground bases and abandoned rovers and stuff like that.

- More vehicles/customization ~ I like the rovers that are in the game at the moment, but they could be improved by making them customizable. You could be able to change their color, make their wheels faster and better, have better engine, and so on. There could also be different types of the rover, so they would be in different shapes and sizes, and maybe even a rover motorbike!

- Upgrades ~ The game could have upgrades for the player and the base. The player could be able to have more stamina, and jump higher etc, and the base could get bigger, and therefore the upgrade stations get bigger and better too (become faster etc). It would also be useful to be able to upgrade your backpack to have more stuff in it etc.

- Building ~ I think the game should let you build a house or something, because then it could protect you against the storms and aliens (if they will be in it). I'm not suggesting the game should become like Minecraft, but you should be able to build a house with stairs and doors, and maybe you could store stuff in there too.

There is more that could be in the game, but I don't want to make it the size of book, so I'll stop there! Thanks for reading!

This guys is one the money! I would really like to see forgotten city's or bigger spaceship in the sand. They could be hidden, with rare items or new all together.  Having explored for hours to only find a  shuttle  or two. There not much out there.  Also like to be able to send supplies between planets.