Remove 'Resource pumps'

Remove 'Resource Pumps' (squarish structures on surface where resources can be farmed). They detract from the spirit of the game. Players should have to mine for resources and not simply farm them from the 'Resource Pumps'.

I like the idea of renewable resources. Now I haven't tried it, but I heard they renew just by reloading your save game. This is a little bit more of a problem. The resource regeneration should be based on an in-game clock that runs only when the saved game is loaded and running.

3 hours ago, TStewart said:

Remove 'Resource Pumps' (squarish structures on surface where resources can be farmed). They detract from the spirit of the game. Players should have to mine for resources and not simply farm them from the 'Resource Pumps'.

Ok, how about instead of removing them make it so you have to build an extra thing to mine from them. Either something you attach you a rover or an actual facility you have to place on top of the resources to extract them at a given rate. 

The "Resource Pumps" are fine as is.  They are intended as an aid for new players.  Truthfully, after you get familiar with the game you don't really use them much because they don't yield enough to be farmed.