SES_Zabir

How to share your Astroneer crash report

I'm playing on Xbox One. When I play alone the game runs ok, 30 fps more or less, until I play like for a couple of hours or so. Then the game frame-rate drops dramatically and at some point I can't even play. So I start a new game, the game runs ok until I reach the same point and drops again. I don't know if it's about time-memory, or if there is a limit of objects that you can craft and use or what. Reset the "broken" save game doesn't work, so I have to create a new one each time it happens.

When I play online with a friend (only two players) the game crashes on both consoles. I've tried it five times, the first one we were able to play for an hour or so but after that it crashes every time after a couple of minutes. It doen's matter if we are playing the same game or a new one.

No problems with my saves like other people on xbox, but because of my crashes I have a lot of saved games that I can't erase. I can erase the save data from my Xbox One but when I start the game that cloud system on xbox live brings back all the saves that I don't want anymore. I need some way to erase the save games inside the game.

But amazing game and amazing art. I know those problems are normal at this point.

Having the same issue on Xbox One. game freezes up usually involving the truck and umbilical cord .perhaps if it didn't automatically connect  Trying to load a saved game that crash and takes me back to the start menu.  Need a way to erase the saved game.  

I can't find any crash report files, but when playing multiplayer the game crashes frequently after the game saves or someone leaves. This doesn't happen in single player.

All three people involved have more than good enough specs to run the game.

Crashed with the beta build (0.2.100.0 Shipping) after placing a second pod. Now the savefile is corrupted. The game crashes while loading from the savefile.

latestlog.zip

Edited by HappyMrTree

Not Exactly Crash but Freeze up when the memory hits 1,5GB-ish (1,6 to 1,7 too )

CPU Intel Core i5 - 7200U

Memory 8 GB

HDD 1TB

OS win 10

NVIDIA GTX 930 MX

It really frustate me since my "fix" was to slow down everything and let the game loads but sometimes it freeze by itself.

Looking forward to fix this out because i wanna play more of it, Thank you in Advance

Untitled.png

16 minutes ago, Bol Zolbie said:

Not Exactly Crash but Freeze up when the memory hits 1,5GB-ish (1,6 to 1,7 too )

CPU Intel Core i5 - 7200U

Memory 8 GB

HDD 1TB

OS win 10

NVIDIA GTX 930 MX

It really frustate me since my "fix" was to slow down everything and let the game loads but sometimes it freeze by itself.

Looking forward to fix this out because i wanna play more of it, Thank you in Advance

Untitled.png

Yeah mine does the exact same thing I've got no idea how to fix it but hopefully they fix it soon cause it's Uber annoying.

On 2016. 12. 18. at 2:58 PM, szszg said:

Game freezes mid-game after a few minutes of play. Music and pointer is still on, I can quit from Task Manager.
I can't find any crash log described in the first post.
The problem occures with any games so it's not going with a particular save.

Is there anythig I can do to report more details on freeze?

As I see if I run the game in windowed mode instead of a full screen it not just freezes but also gives the unreal crash reporter and I am able to send the report. I'll play in window in the future.

Please please yes debugging is normal Please make an 5min AUTO SAFE or we going to get burn out on this game quickly

lost s very good starts a few times today only on crashes

if-yougotonaskhel-topickupthe-ankheg-plate-nstructc-youre-gonna-haveabadtime-quick-440254.png

This has likely been reported many times but we experienced a crash whilst I was driving the rover, crashed in-flight when arriving back in a friend's game, and now I'm crashing every time I try to join back in my friend's game (I'm guessing due to my habitat remaining when it should've taken off again so we have two now).

I know we could start a new game but would rather not lose the progress!

Spec:

Windows 10

Steam

i7-4790k

NVIDIA GTX 980

16GB RAM

Main crashes i have experienced were during Multiplayer. When I joined a friend's game, i wasn't able to build/craft/place anything. Also, the longer the game went on for, the slower the frame rate became and then eventually it would kick me from their game. The same happens to anyone who joins my game

18 hours ago, Concatrious said:

so my game has actually started freezing and sometimes crashing more often recently than before which is not good. could the developers please work quickly to add more graphics settings to allow people to optimize the game for themselves.

Screenshot (2).png

There is graphics settings that you can change in the files, shown here, from what I can tell, you are not doing this. http://steamcommunity.com/app/361420/discussions/0/152391995411417599/

Peliex.

For people experiencing freeze after 5-15 minutes of gameplay with no crash report I found some stuff that could help you play bit longer or devs to fix the issue.

What's going on:
After a while game freezes / becomes unresponsive, but the audio is still going. Usually happens during mining or near tethers

What worked for me:
1) Don't sprint and mine too fast. 90% of crashes happened to me when I was causing the game load stuff too fast
2) don't make quick movements around tethers or drop lots of items nearby

Other suggestions:
1) some people sugested that lowering the draw distance and resolution helped, haven't noticed any radical changes on my pc though
2) try running as administrator 
3) compatibility mode for windows 7
4) some people also reported freezes when other than default audio device was used. Swith to default or try -nosound  launch option

Other than that looks like some sort of issue with resources loading, game always freezes when it's memory usage reaches 1.5GB in system task manager.  
Specs attached below.

DxDiag.txt

Most of the time when I get a crash, there seems to be motion blur.  Not sure if that helps.  Can you make an in-game save?  At the very least the crashes will not wipe out every bit of progress I've made.

Keep getting a crash when trying to land on planet in friends game and solo. Was only able to land once in a friends game and froze shortly after. Only able to get 1 error report out of many. Tried to sit at menu to let render without much luck. Playing on PC.

included log and dxdiag

DxDiag.txt

UE4CC-Windows-9D07167E42B1A25F221019AEA141DE50_0000.zip

Edited by sporklift

I've crashed multiple times when using or being around vehicles. 

Also whenever I'm near a vehicle that's near anything that's been constructed the game drops frames terribly. 

I play on Xbox one. 

I have sent logs, and dxdiag to sytemera. UE4-Astro crash (see attached) consistent during new game, and saved game in co-op. 3 of us playing the game have also experienced it single player but it is not as common. We are also seeing syncing issues with items on the ground being able to extract twice. I do not see many articles on this UE4 crash but it is the only one we have been experiencing thus far. Let me know if there is any additional info you need from me. 

Thanks

Capture.PNG

Edited by toxiconyx